Creaking noise when jacking car up?

testorossa1989

Established Member
Not quite sure how old my h&r race springs are. I did replace my rear shocks a couple years ago.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Might wanna look into that. It's tricky to diagnose but if you can isolate it from front or rear... You'll figure out quickly that a "temp drop causing a loud coil over" isn't going to manifest itself in a rear shock. That's how I found mine at least. Most shocks just lose their pressure from the relentless onslaught of rear end squats and overtime the springs pickup the slack. It makes sense at least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

quad

Established Member
See u mention flat stoppers. I am currently dealing with out of round Mickey Thompson et Street SS’s and hopefully getting them warrantied. Was thinking for next set to look into the flats toppers. Do you like them? Can u just drive onto them or do U need to Jack it up to put under?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I used to jack the Cobra to get the race ramps in. Last year I drove on to them. Worked fine, but when I drove off a few months ago I noticed ripples on the race ramps. It is just cosmetic and should still work - I just didn't expect them to do that though.

To the OP - my Cobra does not make too many noises when jacked up from the rear, but at the front the driver side will be more noisy. I jack up by the Hans Race Craft subframes at the front almost mid point of the doors. I was worried that the weld points were getting stressed. I might get those race ramps so I can drive the car up and then jack from a higher position. I really don't like the flex that is caused by jacking the car up often left to right and front to back. I have two hydraulic lifts and will jack both fronts or rears in increments to reduce extreme flexing.

Long term I would eventually like to get a drive on lift but the garage will require a major overhaul along with an addition - which I hope to do in the coming years. I would add sufficient concrete footings also for that.

Users who are viewing this thread