Crows

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
On second thought, your wife's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't **** with 'em.

155770E8-C786-4D7D-861B-0F3C3D0A77B9.jpeg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had a Crow for a bit that I rescued from the dog getting a hold of it and damaging his wing. Thing was dead quiet when you were around and would just watch and observe you, and was even pretty chill when you held him as it would sit on your finger like normal, but if you watched him from a distance he would be upside down hanging onto the cage calling out for other Crows. It was probably scared the whole time but never acted like it. Almost like it knew there was a chance it would make it out so it just went along and was nice until it could get a chance to leave. Eventually took it to a shelter because his wing wasn't healing and I didn't want it to die from infection.

olympic

Established Member
Back in the 90's our little town was infested with crows. Hundreds of them making all sorts of noise at all hours of the day. The town hired pest control who spent a summer shooting them. Nearly 30 years later they haven't come back.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
While they are not the predator like a hawk, eagle or owl, they will pick baby birds out of a nest if given the opportunity, seen it many times. If they flew too close while we were dove hunting, they paid the price.

The last one I remember killing flew a straight line from over town to where we were hunting on the edge of town, couple miles? Folded like an ironing board, never knew what hit him.

Get an owl decoy and a audio of crows played on a loud speaker. Have fun!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Crows don’t like reflective things.
Bingo. Have no clue if any of these work in the site below but reflective tape is one of them......I have turkey vultures but no crows. Lots of road kill here ends up on my front lawn.

Scarecrows only work for a short time because the crows get used to it not moving and come back.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Bingo. Have no clue if any of these work in the site below but reflective tape is one of them......I have turkey vultures but no crows. Lots of road kill here ends up on my front lawn.

Scarecrows only work for a short time because the crows get used to it not moving and come back.

Some people string together old CD’s and hang them up.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Crows are way too smart. They can follow you and will help you (not in very meaningful ways) if you say, lost something. There was a story out of Washington of a lady who's daughter always fed them every day and they set up a camera to watch them because they noticed the birds were bringing back trinkets and cheap toys and leaving them in the bird bath for the daughter. The mom was a photographer and was out somewhere taking photos and she lost her camera lens while out. She got home and ended up finding the lens cover neatly placed on the bird bath. They looked at the video and sure enough a Crow had brought it back and took its time washing it off and neatly setting it on the side of the bath.

They're real life animal sidekicks!
Very true! My daughter feeds them and they bring her effin gifts.

railroad

Established Member
Kill one and leave it as long as your wife will let you.
Crows can read the writing on the wall.
I used this to keep them out of my garden, once upon a time.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
When do pop one dont kill it...other will attack it and then my friend you start layin lead lol

Its especially fun with a semiauto 12ga lol

Shit man all ya need is a blue tooth speaker and your phone and they will come in to the call

Download crow hunting call on the appstore

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Some people string together old CD’s and hang them up.
We have to do this with woodpeckers here during mating season. The little ****s will blast right through the stucco on the arches and decorative shit made out of styrafoam trying to make holes for nests. Destructive little shits.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
We have to do this with woodpeckers here during mating season. The little ****s will blast right through the stucco on the arches and decorative shit made out of styrafoam trying to make holes for nests. Destructive little shits.

We have the big ones here. Sounds like someone hitting a tree with a hammer.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
You know what is worse............................... Ravens they make crows sort of shut up and move out when they start to KRAW KRAW KRAW! Of course when you make 2 crows in size only a very big hawk or an eagle can challenge you on the bird food chain.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You know what is worse............................... Ravens they make crows sort of shut up and move out when they start to KRAW KRAW KRAW! Of course when you make 2 crows in size only a very big hawk or an eagle can challenge you on the bird food chain.

Ravens were only far north minnesota until recently. I see them pretty regularly when deer hunting. Their call is eery.

Users who are viewing this thread