Crows

Captain Beyond

Established Member
What’s wrong with an air rifle, relatively quite. I’ve popped a few nuisance critters from inside the house with one.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
This is what I use for critters - my break barrel Diana Mod. 34 .22 cal. pellet air rifle. I haven’t shot a crow, but I’m pretty sure it would take one down.

Attachments

• 1AC7D8D3-EC8D-4AB9-8C04-74AC1634BE50.jpeg
    1AC7D8D3-EC8D-4AB9-8C04-74AC1634BE50.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 45

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Have you considered offering them gifts? Maybe make them a little aviary and have that away from your property enough that they won't bother you?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Don't remember where I read it, but falconry is allegedly the "hardest thing a man can do"

No innuendo intended
My wife and I stumbled across a falconry thing while we were out in England years back. Figured, what the hell, lets check it out.

I had no idea what Falconry was, it just sounded bad ass. They call it the worlds oldest sport and it's hugely difficult. The birds aren't your friends or your pets, the dude explained that birds will come in contact with another living thing in 2 different cases 1) they are being eaten/eating 2) banging. It made him cringe seeing videos online of people petting owls and hawks and stuff. Other than that it's basically a complicated dance of sending out a bird for a kill, replacing it's kill with some meat you already had, making sure it comes back to you, not crossing the bird so it doesn't flee, feeding it enough that it doesn't leave, and not feeding it enough that it still has the will to hunt.

It's like taking care of an animal that doesn't want to be taken care of, but you also have to trick it into taking care of you.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, around my in laws neighborhood, they keep the crowd and birds away with 2x4s. They walk around in their yards slapping them together. It's hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread