Crusher Inlet on TVS 2.3 Blower/GT500 TB

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone done any testing upgrading to the Crusher inlet? I didn't spend the cash on this upgrade last year and now I'm tossing the idea around of doing this if it's worth doing.

I have a JLT intake currently and not the cold air intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I want to say someone did it back in the day and didn’t see much of a gain. Not positive though.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
just to make sure im reading this right, you already have the 2.3 tvs and gt500 elbow and t/b with a jlt ram air intake but you are thinking about switching over to the crusher intake with slot style maf and big filter?
if that is correct then yes id say its worth the switch. bottom line is the more air you can get in the better. look at all the newer cars and how big the intake systems are.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
just to make sure im reading this right, you already have the 2.3 tvs and gt500 elbow and t/b with a jlt ram air intake but you are thinking about switching over to the crusher intake with slot style maf and big filter?
if that is correct then yes id say its worth the switch. bottom line is the more air you can get in the better. look at all the newer cars and how big the intake systems are.

No, sorry for the confusion. I do not have the JLT cold air intake. Just the standard JLT intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
Are you talking Inlet or Intake? Two different parts. Depending on Throttle body, MAF, airfilter, boost levels you have and plan to go to you may see some gains with a 2.3L.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
sounds like your talking about going to a Whipple Crusher intake over your standard JLT intake. Yes people have gone to the crusher.
I cant say that Ive seen back to back comparisons but most that go with the crusher are on a max effort high boost E85 build. If your not on E85 spinning the blower hard i dont think its worth it..... I have no data just my personal opinion.

My crusher setup....

47824742382_0ce582220c_k.jpg
Untitled

Comp04svt

Established Member
In to also see if anyone has any back to back numbers as well. Have a JLT high boost on my TVS/GT500 combo and have thought about either the crusher or the newer VMP GT500 specific intake they offer.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
In to also see if anyone has any back to back numbers as well. Have a JLT high boost on my TVS/GT500 combo and have thought about either the crusher or the newer VMP GT500 specific intake they offer.

If your not going for a max effort high boost on E85 I don’t think you’ll see a huge difference. My guess would be less than 10RWHP just swapping intake and retuning.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread