Current New Vehicle Market

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It’s hilarious, you’re involved in like 3-4 threads and they all end up like this one, a SME schooling you, and you go ‘yeah well that’s not true’

And it’s hilarious to watch

LOL, go back and read again, either you didn't understand the conversation, or it was at a level you can't understand.

Nick has a valuable perspective on the new car market as a GM/Owner. This is a thread ON the new car market. Since I did powersport and car sales for many years, I have my own perspective and enjoy posting up info on it from what's happening around me.

So, when Nick engages in conversation with me, he gets to poke holes in what I am saying based on what HE is seeing. EVERYONE on the forum gets to take that data point and go Hmmmmm. It is what having a conversation on a forum is all about, LOL.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad I was able to pick up my overpriced 18k mile used 2018 F150 for 3.3% for 72 months pretty much a year ago. But they aren’t selling for much cheaper yet and pretty much double the interest. I would like a shiny new F150 though. Just can’t bring myself to do it yet. Lol

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, go back and read again, either you didn't understand the conversation, or it was at a level you can't understand.

Nick has a valuable perspective on the new car market as a GM/Owner. This is a thread ON the new car market. Since I did powersport and car sales for many years, I have my own perspective and enjoy posting up info on it from what's happening around me.

So, when Nick engages in conversation with me, he gets to poke holes in what I am saying based on what HE is seeing. EVERYONE on the forum gets to take that data point and go Hmmmmm. It is what having a conversation on a forum is all about, LOL.
I appreciate your articles and the inevitable back and forth. Though in his defense some of your proclamations do have the tone of being gospel.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh look, I am already too late in my prediction, LOL. Cally is aggressive across a couple of OEM's.

The 2022 Ford Edge continues to have the best financing deals on a midsized SUV with zero interest for 6 years plus a $3,000 cash incentive. Even the sporty Edge ST is eligible for this head-turning deal.

Ford Edge deals can vary by region and the example here is for California. We consider this one of the most deeply-discounted SUVs that you can buy.

Tree'd me

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s hilarious, you’re involved in like 3-4 threads and they all end up like this one, a SME schooling you, and you go ‘yeah well that’s not true’

And it’s hilarious to watch

What's SME?

(kidding)

Only so many of us can be SME's of all things!!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im calling Galpin Ford! They always advertised the #1 Volume Ford Dealer in the World. False Advertisement lol

I dont think I ever saw that dealer empy from the times ive past by during the Covid peak. Service dept isnt great and sales people dont really care for customers, guess it makes sense considering they sell a ton of cars regardless.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I drove down to my local Ford dealer last week for an electrical issue on my F450 and found out yesterday that the fix they tried didn’t correct the issue.

It’s a shame that Ford service all across the country has gone to total shit and they can’t even fix their own product anymore.

But seriously - if anyone knows how to fix a random fail to start and also a rear dome light that intermittently comes on and refuses to turn off in a 2020 F450, I’m all ears. Thing is annoying as **** at night.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it begins......

Side note, saw a new blue Lightning two weeks ago on the highway. They are not bad looking at all but just cant get over that grill and rear long tailights. Also, missing tailpipes lol

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Officially, the MN pollution control agency must conduct more rule making for that to happen. Since the D's control all 3 branches, they are weighing the political fallout from doing that.
It was already rubber stamped because the Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled that the “clean car” standards the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and the Walz administration seek to implement in this state are constitutional. Heck, their “Clean Car Rule” will take effect in 2024 for the 2025 model year. Granted it’s not too bad consisting of only the low-emission vehicle standard and the zero-emission vehicle standard to light/medium units.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seeing F-150 XLT hybrids advertised $9,000 off MSRP with $6,000 to $8,000 common localishly. Also seeing dealers $2,000 over MSRP. Pretty crazy spread in pricing. In fact, I can't remember seeing such a spread in new pickup pricing, dealers are usually super aggressive about price discovery with the competition.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Seeing F-150 XLT hybrids advertised $9,000 off MSRP with $6,000 to $8,000 common localishly. Also seeing dealers $2,000 over MSRP. Pretty crazy spread in pricing. In fact, I can't remember seeing such a spread in new pickup pricing, dealers are usually super aggressive about price discovery with the competition.

Are you comparing new 2022s to new 2023s?

Users who are viewing this thread