Current New Vehicle Market

noco5.0

Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I currently own 4 Fords with two being under warranty. The service departments at the two dealers close to me are absolutely horrible. I didn't think it could get worse then Dodge/Ram but these two service departments have proved me wrong. Hopefully Ford can address this with their underperforming dealers as it hurts their brand.

Which dealers?

Zemedici

Established Member
I currently own 4 Fords with two being under warranty. The service departments at the two dealers close to me are absolutely horrible. I didn't think it could get worse then Dodge/Ram but these two service departments have proved me wrong. Hopefully Ford can address this with their underperforming dealers as it hurts their brand.

In4Details?!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That last part is hard to believe because it was really bad back then.

A record 16% of American consumers paying at least $1,000 a month for their cars, it's no surprise that drivers are starting to fall behind on their bills.

The percentage of borrowers at least 60 days late on their car payments is higher today than it was during the peak of the Great Recession in 2009.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I've dealt with 4 Ford dealers, only one of them were and still are great, the other 3, not soo much.

A record 16% of American consumers paying at least $1,000 a month for their cars, it's no surprise that drivers are starting to fall behind on their bills.

The percentage of borrowers at least 60 days late on their car payments is higher today than it was during the peak of the Great Recession in 2009.
Wow! Thats almost double the payment of the current avg payment per consumer in a 6 year loan.

The fact that people can be 60+ days late and still have their car is mind blowing. Ive always thought, once you hit above 45 days, the bank can repo the car

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've dealt with 4 Ford dealers, only one of them were and still are great, the other 3, not soo much.

Wow! Thats almost double the payment of the current avg payment per consumer in a 6 year loan.

The fact that people can be 60+ days late and still have their car is mind blowing. Ive always thought, once you hit above 45 days, the bank can repo the car

They can...but it's in their best interest if the customer keeps paying, so they give second chances.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Ken Garff has two Ford stores in northern Colorado and one in Cheyenne. Haven't dealt with the one in Cheyenne but the two Colorado locations are terrible from personal experience.

I have yet to encounter a decent Ford sales department in Colorado. ****ing terrible all over Denver metro.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My local Ford dealer creates more problems than they solve every time. I worry when taking it in for warranty and regret every single visit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Play that same game, but with houses.

*warms hands*

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Volkswagen dealer was flashing $7,500 lease cash on ID4, which if I remember, is pretty darn good for leasing.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Ford service dept's are awful, but not as bad as Dodge/Jeep/Ram. I found one good one about 30 minutes away but after 4 years they canned the SM & SA for not crushing enough customers souls.
Yes, Porsche is great but I just paid $545 for an oil change so I better get something for that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford service dept's are awful, but not as bad as Dodge/Jeep/Ram. I found one good one about 30 minutes away but after 4 years they canned the SM & SA for not crushing enough customers souls.
Yes, Porsche is great but I just paid $545 for an oil change so I better get something for that.

Ouch! lol

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Unfortunately dealers put gravy/service dollars over just about anything else. (this is a general statement of course).

As a former SA for Ford, if you're not selling flushes/getting auth on big repairs, you're DOA

tistan

Established Member
I think my wife is about to pull the trigger on a new Macan S. I'm trying to figure out how the mitigate the service expense to 100k miles because the dealers prices are steep.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think my wife is about to pull the trigger on a new Macan S. I'm trying to figure out how the mitigate the service expense to 100k miles because the dealers prices are steep.
Saw a Porsche Cayenne about two weekends ago.
WOW! What a head turner. Gorgeous, gorgeous vehicle. The one I saw was in a bluish/silver finish with some very killer looking stock wheels on it.

Users who are viewing this thread