Current New Vehicle Market

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Angry customers take the time to complain, happy customers do not take time to praise. Or so it seems.

My dealer tells me that the only surveys that fall in their favor are those answered with each question at 100% positive. Sounds un-winnable.
Apologies for the O.T.

How would you feel if I told you that insurance companies play this game with Hospitals and minute clinics??? I will give everyone here one guess as to how a "patient" feels when a nurse wont give them a full IV push of their dilaudid with benadryl at the same time.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Apologies for the O.T.

How would you feel if I told you that insurance companies play this game with Hospitals and minute clinics??? I will everyone here one guess as to how a "patient" feels when a nurse wont give them a full IV push of their dilaudid with benadryl at the same time.

How does this impact the Hospitals/Clinics?

Is there a financial incentive?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Any dissatisfaction (even a 9 out of 10) and the insurance companies start disputing their payments to the hospital under the guise of "100% quality care is required for any payment". Hospitals end up eating the bill in its entirety, that financial burden is passed on to the customer with higher costs.

In theory this is intended to make the hospitals do a better job at providing quality care, in reality frequent fliers and drug seekers abuse this to threaten the staff as they know those surveys and the metrics that get reported matter to the people signing paychecks for the staff.

Morgan

Established Member

There is.
CMS reimburses the provider(facility or physician),in part, secondary to patient experience feedback.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Any dissatisfaction (even a 9 out of 10) and the insurance companies start disputing their payments to the hospital under the guise of "100% quality care is required for any payment". Hospitals end up eating the bill in its entirety, that financial burden is passed on to the customer with higher costs.

In theory this is intended to make the hospitals do a better job at providing quality care, in reality frequent fliers and drug seekers abuse this to threaten the staff as they know those surveys and the metrics that get reported matter to the people signing paychecks for the staff.

So an insurance company could deny payment for a procedure based on a customer service survey??

Wouldn’t that be passed on to the patient due to insurance not covering the bill?

This is confusing…

Morgan

Established Member
Back to the dealer …

Mine says that a large volume of positive service customer feedback enables them to gain Fords support for mobile services, ie vehicle pick up and delivery for service and maintenance.

Where’s Nick to explain all of this?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Angry customers take the time to complain, happy customers do not take time to praise. Or so it seems.

My dealer tells me that the only surveys that fall in their favor are those answered with each question at 100% positive. Sounds un-winnable.

It is un-winnable. And yes I would rather someone not fill out a survey at all if they won’t answer every question perfectly. Which is a shame because the survey should be a tool used to better customer experience but instead is used as a weapon.

What’s the incentive to it? The dealers are privately owned aren’t they? Get in here and answer questions Nick!

There isn’t an incentive per se, more like a weapon used against dealers and employees.

Surveys are the devil and are one of the worst parts of the automotive world.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wanted a Maverick but couldn't wait and got a Ranger. 13COBRA how much does a negative review on the Ford questionnaire hit a dealership?

100% against the dealer, has nothing to do with the manufacturer. It'll take money away from dealers and the employees.

What’s the incentive to it? The dealers are privately owned aren’t they? Get in here and answer questions Nick!

Privately owned, but under their company.

What’s the incentive for the dealers to receive high ratings?

Does it impact their relationship with ford in anyway?

They pay 0.9% of MSRP if you hit their benchmarks. ( Ford)

Back to the dealer …

Mine says that a large volume of positive service customer feedback enables them to gain Fords support for mobile services, ie vehicle pick up and delivery for service and maintenance.

Where’s Nick to explain all of this?

That's kinda a garbage explanation.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Ford and Ram dealer pickup inventory about half spring peak. Local Chevy lot still bulging with inventory. Local very small Chevy dealer sticking with his much lower inventory level.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Ford dealer went back to covid style parking, inventory looks around 40% of Spring peak. Chevy lot still bulging. Interesting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is that one already spoken for? Do you know ahead of time when it arrives?

Yeah. I have 5 people wanting one...Ford only guaranteed me 1. So I have 4 without allocation at this point, Ford will do a secondary allocation sometime this summer... I doubt I will be able to fulfill my current orders.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Yeah. I have 5 people wanting one...Ford only guaranteed me 1. So I have 4 without allocation at this point, Ford will do a secondary allocation sometime this summer... I doubt I will be able to fulfill my current orders.

ok, keep me updated if anything changes. I certainly do not want to do any business with my local dealer. I will wait to next year if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread