Current New Vehicle Market

robvas

Established Member
Seems like lately everyone ordering pilots or odysseys want touring/elite. I didn’t even see the sport was a new addition. We went touring on our pilot mostly for the rear entertainment and captains chairs. Special edition was 2nd on our list if we couldn’t find the touring we wanted.
Middle seat of the second row pops out and then you can do the magic slide deal either the other two they are basically captains chairs. This will be a 2023 Which has the updated body so it should be nice having a different looking one.

Didn't want to get the 4 cylinder hybrid CVT which Toyota is using now instead of the old V6...32mpg would be nice though

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Farley in PUBLIC forums: Dealers won't charge ADMs, Ford will set pricing.
Farley in REALITY: Dealers will continue to set prices.

1655126191779.png

1655126344919.png

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey @13COBRA - any thoughts about the fact that Ford can't even come close to satisfying demand on F150s yet they're still sending out private cash offers to order a truck they can't build?

I mean I guess from your end who cares if that results in people placing an order through you but seems pretty ****ing stupid looking at it profit from Ford's side as a share holder. Seeing Farley drool over Tesla's profits brought this back to mind, I got a PCO for like $2,500 off not too long ago

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey @13COBRA - any thoughts about the fact that Ford can't even come close to satisfying demand on F150s yet they're still sending out private cash offers to order a truck they can't build?

I mean I guess from your end who cares if that results in people placing an order through you but seems pretty ****ing stupid looking at it profit from Ford's side as a share holder. Seeing Farley drool over Tesla's profits brought this back to mind, I got a PCO for like $2,500 off not too long ago

I've asked the same question.

So, Ford Motor Company and Ford Credit are different companies, as far as I can tell they don't communicate haha The private offers are drawn up at the beginning of the fiscal year in budget meetings. It's one of those things that if the program headquarters doesn't send them out, they're gone. It doesn't seem to be efficient, but I also understand that they try to make things as black and white as they can as to reduce the number of decisions to be made.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
We purchased a used Camry for the wife this weekend. There's literally not a single new Toyota or Honda on any lot near us. Ordering was possible but not without an ADM and nothing more than a guesstimate on when you would actually get the car.

It'll be interesting to see what the used car market will look like in about 3 years when there's going to be such a small number of 2-3 year old cars available.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We purchased a used Camry for the wife this weekend. There's literally not a single new Toyota or Honda on any lot near us. Ordering was possible but not without an ADM and nothing more than a guesstimate on when you would actually get the car.

It'll be interesting to see what the used car market will look like in about 3 years when there's going to be such a small number of 2-3 year old cars available.
It'll continue to be HIGH.

Much like what "Cash for Clunkers" did for the <$10k cars.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Most new vehicles here are $5,000 over

Gen 3 Raptor sat for 2 days.. $10,000 over

Shelby allocation Carbon Package is pre sold $20,000 over sticker

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Around here basic trucks like the refreshed Silverado have 5-10k adms on the mid level trims.

Even minivans have market adjustments or BS additions.

An used tahoe with sub 1k miles used is 12k over sticker.

Interest rates may of cooled off the home buying, but it seems 1% or 2% more hasn't scared off demand for cars new or used.
I know at least Ram, Jeep and Chevy are offering 1.9% or 2.9% on 60 or 72 month loans on new vehicles.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member

Just bought a new ‘22 Corolla for a DD. I was prepared to wait because this will eventually be my daughter’s car in 3 years and I ordered it exactly how she wanted down to the color. Plopped cash down and sent off the build order and they call me back a week later saying it’ll be in the next weekend…so 2 week wait out of a quoted 6.

Either I got REALLY lucky in that they already had one in the order bank spec’d exactly how I wanted it or Toyota is on the damn ball. Paid under sticker, not like there’s a ton of wiggle room on a 25k car I would imagine. Maybe 2kish?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Just bought a new ‘22 Corolla for a DD. I was prepared to wait because this will eventually be my daughter’s car in 3 years and I ordered it exactly how she wanted down to the color. Plopped cash down and sent off the build order and they call me back a week later saying it’ll be in the next weekend…so 2 week wait out of a quoted 6.

Either I got REALLY lucky in that they already had one in the order bank spec’d exactly how I wanted it or Toyota is on the damn ball. Paid under sticker, not like there’s a ton of wiggle room on a 25k car I would imagine. Maybe 2kish?
I would have to guess just based off my experience, that car was already built and headed to the dealer or to another dealer and they were able to get their hands on it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You got really lucky.

Established Member
You bought a Toyota. My BIL ordered a highlander in March with a May delivery date. Came in early as well and bought under sticker. No gimmicks at delivery, just the basics and out the door. We bought a RAV 4 last year thru Costco. Way off sticker and smooth. They didn't have what she wanted on the lot but did a dealer swap (for free) and we got it a few days later. I'm getting pretty impressed with Toyota.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You bought a Toyota. My BIL ordered a highlander in March with a May delivery date. Came in early as well and bought under sticker. No gimmicks at delivery, just the basics and out the door. We bought a RAV 4 last year thru Costco. Way off sticker and smooth. They didn't have what she wanted on the lot but did a dealer swap (for free) and we got it a few days later. I'm getting pretty impressed with Toyota.

There are plenty of Ford, GM, Chrysler, Hyundai, Honda, etc dealers that operate the same.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, bought the wife a ‘21 Highlander Plat in Dec ‘20 and it has been great thus far. For anything other than a truck I can’t really complain. They were super easy to deal with in getting exactly what we wanted and I didn’t have to haggle much either. A simple yes or no when it comes to those things is my priority, spending 3 hours to save $200 bucks via haggling is time I’d rather spend elsewhere, especially considering when I go in I know what I intend to spend.

Balt21

Established Member

Farley in PUBLIC forums: Dealers won't charge ADMs, Ford will set pricing.
Farley in REALITY: Dealers will continue to set prices.

View attachment 1751540

View attachment 1751541
Couple thoughts on this article:
- He said if you see us advertising EVs during the Super bowl to sell the stock because they're sold out and don't need to advertise and then later says that they may advertise down the road and are currently advertising the front storage. Aren't nearly all vehicles from nearly every manufacturer "sold out" right now? I'm assuming he his meaning that they had X amount of allocations/order slots and they have all been preordered. If it weren't for the chip shortage messing with every manufacturer would they still be sold out?

-He says that they want no negotiation and Ford to set the price because the number one issue consumers have is not being sure if they are getting a good deal or not. Does he think removing negotiation will make consumers feel like they are getting a good deal? The only way direct to consumer makes the consumer feel like they are getting a good deal is if they are getting more for their money by not having to deal with the middle man. An example would be a Silverado costing $50,000 at a traditional dealer while an equally equipped F150 is $40,000 or $45,000 if you order it online. I don't see that happening though.

Established Member
There are plenty of Ford, GM, Chrysler, Hyundai, Honda, etc dealers that operate the same.
That wasn't a shot at you. In fact, there is a Toyota dealer not 10 miles from my house that pulls all the hated monkey business as well. I am stating that my recent experiences with Toyota have been better than expected, and they build a heck of a decent vehicle. Their fulfillment in my circle has been favorable in these trying times.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Probably Car Buying 101, but my wife and I are looking to order something. We do have a trade with positive equity. If we do trade to the dealer, is trade value done before and after the new car shows up?

Don’t want to negotiate twice on trade in value.

C2tuck

Established Member
Probably Car Buying 101, but my wife and I are looking to order something. We do have a trade with positive equity. If we do trade to the dealer, is trade value done before and after the new car shows up?

Don’t want to negotiate twice on trade in value.

No. Trade in doesn’t even get discussed when you place your order. That all takes place once your ordered vehicle has arrived and you’re ready to actually purchase it.

Users who are viewing this thread