Current New Vehicle Market

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone here bought from Koons?
I believe they do the same thing for Mach 1s on another mustang site.
As the FCA vehicles and the Mach 1 are not limited, they have a sound business model for those who are willing to wait for a custom build as long as they’re willing to wait.
I just haven’t heard from anyone whose done it and I trust SVTP guys the most.
@13COBRA may be able to weigh in on these type of dealer programs.
-J
Yup. That is them. Koon's does the deals on the TRX, the 392 Jeeps and the Hellcat cars.
I think Granger are the ones for the Mach 1 cars. Not positive on that.

I actually emailed the guy at Koons about ordering a TRX a couple of months ago, but they are reluctant to do deals with people in MA, HI and CA because of the impossible registration and insuring of the vehicle in those states. Something about them collecting all taxes and registration fees and not being able to do them in these states.

I might still have the email that he sent back. I'd have to check.

mariusvt

Established Member
Bought from them twice now. Our 13 with a 3.7 for my wife from Koons. Bought a new 2007 GT from them to but sold it with 175k on the clock when my daughter was born, kept the 13 since it was low miles and still satisfies the need to row gears. Great buying experience both times

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The last time I priced a car through Koons I believe they had a doc fee that was around $1500. Very common with dealers in MD and VA.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The last time I priced a car through Koons I believe they had a doc fee that was around $1500. Very common with dealers in MD and VA.
The link on buying Hellcats is $899 I believe.
Still a great deal.
-J

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The link on buying Hellcats is $899 I believe.
Still a great deal.
-J

Buyers should always go through the group buy links on the forums. Contacting store through regular means will not get the same pricing.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone here bought from Koons?
I believe they do the same thing for Mach 1s on another mustang site.
As the FCA vehicles and the Mach 1 are not limited, they have a sound business model for those who are willing to wait for a custom build as long as they’re willing to wait.
I just haven’t heard from anyone whose done it and I trust SVTP guys the most.
@13COBRA may be able to weigh in on these type of dealer programs.
-J

I have not bought from them but I know Koons. They are known for for carrying massive inventory of HCs and Redeyes and lowest prices around. When I bought mine I looked at their inventory and they had >125 in inventory. They are 100%.

The owner or one of his reps is active on hellcat.org.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The used market may be softening.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The used market may be softening.

There's a little more to that than just softening prices.

Typically February and March have lower value indexes in any given year, as dealerships start holding onto inventory for tax season. The vast majority of Manheim vehicles need a bunch of work and make it harder for dealers to make quick cash, so they run them through the auction.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Had service at my local Ford dealer spending big bucks on a renovation.

Interesting wall in the dealership.

20220308_110418 (1).jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not abnormal. We do the same thing.

Plus we have a spreadsheet on our website that's updated constantly doing the same thing.

Interesting was most of the veteran sales guys were gone including mine. All youngsters.

BtownB

Established Member
It's bizarre to go to any dealership here in Northern VA and see a lot full (2022 definition of full) of used cars from every brand you can imagine

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It's bizarre to go to any dealership here in Northern VA and see a lot full (2022 definition of full) of used cars from every brand you can imagine

Yes, the local Ford dealer has been buying Porsche, Lexas, Volvo, BMW and other high end SUV's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I visited my Genesis dealer on Friday and the used car manager was telling me that they bought a used 2022 GV70 with 6K miles for over $10K more than the seller paid for it new. He said this as he eyed my own GV70. Crazy used car days.

BtownB

Established Member
the real question is where buyers will be once dealers get caught up...if you over paid for a GT350...or something with a following you'll be fine eventually...but lots of buyers are gonna be seriously underwater

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, it is. I was at my Genesis/Hyundai dealership last week and their lot that is normally full of new cars, was full of used cars (multiple brands). Their showroom was buzzing with activity, with NO new vehicles displayed. None! I don't know if the customers there were buying new or used. But it was busier than I've ever seen. One woman who knows the used car manager was there looking a new Hyundai SUV but was set on a new 2022 GV80 she had seen there one day earlier. She hadn't put down a deposit. I heard her tell the manager that she wanted to buy it and his response was, "sorry, but it just sold". Pretty much any new vehicle sitting on a lot sells in very short time.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yes, it is. I was at my Genesis/Hyundai dealership last week and their lot that is normally full of new cars, was full of used cars (multiple brands). Their showroom was buzzing with activity, with NO new vehicles displayed. None! I don't know if the customers there were buying new or used. But it was busier than I've ever seen. One woman who knows the used car manager was there looking a new Hyundai SUV but was set on a new 2022 GV80 she had seen there one day earlier. She hadn't put down a deposit. I heard her tell the manager that she wanted to buy it and his response was, "sorry, but it just sold". Pretty much any new vehicle sitting on a lot sells in very short time.

You snooze, you lose.

BtownB

Established Member
The gas prices will be another factor...does that mean everyone will start dumping their V8 trucks etc...this could be an opportunity might have to swap out the DD

Users who are viewing this thread