Current New Vehicle Market

BtownB

Established Member
As soon as TSMC and Intel can get those chips shipping out in Arizona...it will be a different ballgame

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Local dealer has 4 new Broncos on the lot and 14 F150's. I haven't see that kind of inventory locally on hand in almost a year.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My nephew buys HD work trucks for our company, new in stock is $10,000 over regardless of brand. He can order at MSRP.

That's pretty normal across brands right now. There are still places where you can buy a Ram HD truck for 10-14% under MSRP if you order.

I think things begin to change as the economy plunges further into an inflationary complexion. People have less buying power as their money starts to be worth less and as such, they buy less. Macro supply eventually normalizes.

Dealer stocks slowly begin to replenish, pricing stabilizes. We are a ways away from that, but it'll happen.

Dealers actually having "stock" is an indicator.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There's a little more to that than just softening prices.

Typically February and March have lower value indexes in any given year, as dealerships start holding onto inventory for tax season. The vast majority of Manheim vehicles need a bunch of work and make it harder for dealers to make quick cash, so they run them through the auction.
I think this year its more than even that. Big downs on the stock market, gas through the roof. I notice the boys with the Toys as the end of last week trying to dump the toys at high asking prices. Some are in need of money all of sudden.

BtownB

Established Member
That's a good point...seems like the folks that were holding out for top dollar on their rare cars are starting to list those...

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
There are no decent deals here on new or used cars/trucks. I hope new supplies will correct that by early next year.

I may be dreaming in my opinion, but I am completely out of the market until the market returns to normal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think this year its more than even that. Big downs on the stock market, gas through the roof. I notice the boys with the Toys as the end of last week trying to dump the toys at high asking prices. Some are in need of money all of sudden.
Not to mention people cashing out on their homes. People are really feeling the stinging pinch of out of control inflation, higher prices for food, out of control gas prices, after just coming out from under the Covid mandates. Tough times.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not to mention people cashing out on their homes. People are really feeling the stinging pinch of out of control inflation, higher prices for food, out of control gas prices, after just coming out from under the Covid mandates. Tough times.
Big time cash outs.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve noticed some used trackhawks and zl1s where they actually lasted longer than a few days and had to decrease price…now that price is still nuts, but it seems like the beginning of the end of max insanity

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
We haven’t see the peak and or rock bottom depending on your outlook on life. It’s going to get worse (more so) before it’s better. I am basing my on current market spec of raw materials. For example, per ounce price of palladium (material making within catalytic converters) was around $2,589 an ounce beginning of March. As of March 10, rose to $3,084. Another key material in manufacturing (nickel) surged from $25,438 per ton (again beginning of month) to $48,211 start of March 10th. Thursday. Not sure what this means as an outlook but then London Metal Exchange put a stop trade of nickle because of the spec surge. Topple that with not hitting the ceiling concerning price per barrel of oil… we’re in for it now.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
We haven’t see the peak and or rock bottom depending on your outlook on life. It’s going to get worse (more so) before it’s better. I am basing my on current market spec of raw materials. For example, per ounce price of palladium (material making within catalytic converters) was around $2,589 an ounce beginning of March. As of March 10, rose to $3,084. Another key material in manufacturing (nickel) surged from $25,438 per ton (again beginning of month) to $48,211 start of March 10th. Thursday. Not sure what this means as an outlook but then London Metal Exchange put a stop trade of nickle because of the spec surge. Topple that with not hitting the ceiling concerning price per barrel of oil… we’re in for it now.

Sadly, the cat thieves are highly motivated right now.

Users who are viewing this thread