Current New Vehicle Market

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
1000% agreed. I've said this for years and it's only getting worse.

I do think it's a flaw in the human brain though, and not purposefully being done.

All of the teachers, counselors and advisers that children come into contact with beginning in kindergarten through their senior year in high school, all went to college. Those individuals would have a really hard time admitting that the path they chose may not be the proper path for everyone. It's human nature to not want to be wrong.
I think it there is some blame that goes to the parents too... "you're going to college."

Look, not every kid's cut out to be an engineer just like not every kid's cut out to be an electrician. the world takes all kinds and shoe horning people into things they don't need or shouldn't pursue.... well... the consequences are coming to light....

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Key issue here, and not fixable.

Hopefully the growth of automation can help offset the loss of workforce.

That most certainly could work for assembly line work or repetitive jobs like serving coffee or fast food. However the building industries idea of automation is pre-built walls made by others assembled with pneumatic nail guns. Men don't hand drive nails any longer except in concrete work. All fields are starving for young apprentices, but with McDonald's paying $15 an hour who wants to work a little harder for $17 to start but with more physical activity. The young men just can't see the value of skill or pay the hard knocks for a rewarding future. Laziness and moms basement security plays into all mentioned above also. Back to the topic.

C2tuck

Established Member
You know another note to this...

I truly blame the MASSIVE push towards College over the Trades.....

So many people these days dont want to work with their hands and go through an apprenticeship, become a journeyman and make bank....

Theyd rather pull their pud in a cubical than do actual work. It baffles me.

Just in this industry alone, I've got 18-22 year olds working for me CRUSHING it making great money while Engineers fresh out of College with a fancy piece of wall paper are getting paid HALF what these kids are making.

This.

I’ve got operators working for me that have made $130k since late April-today. I’ve got a few that will break the $200k threshold this year…and one went to college, didn’t do shit with his degree and started running cranes.

Now, I do pay the ever living shit out of them and they are spoiled, but I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
This.

I’ve got operators working for me that have made $130k since late April-today. I’ve got a few that will break the $200k threshold this year…and one went to college, didn’t do shit with his degree and started running cranes.

Now, I do pay the ever living shit out of them and they are spoiled, but I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Yup. And the Engineers they hire out of college here get like 80k if their lucky. ****. THAT.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
@13COBRA where these 3-4% rates at?? i got 5%, but plan to refinance, local credit union wasn't much better. i almost puked when i looked at the breakdown of interest to principal on my first payment lol.

sleek98

Established Member
Dang I just looked at DCU who I always used in the past.

5.24 on 65 and 6.24 on 72 months.

Attachments

• 2022-11-09 11_58_44-Window.png
    2022-11-09 11_58_44-Window.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 60

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA where these 3-4% rates at?? i got 5%, but plan to refinance, local credit union wasn't much better. i almost puked when i looked at the breakdown of interest to principal on my first payment lol.

Looks like the lowest credit union rate I have is 3.99 at the moment.

q6543

Established Member
That last 75 bp hike in November was the death knell for cars and real estate.

I was at the dealer last Friday looking at a used car and asked about rates, he said 700 plus credit scores were being charged 8%.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That last 75 bp hike in November was the death knell for cars and real estate.

I was at the dealer last Friday looking at a used car and asked about rates, he said 700 plus credit scores were being charged 8%.

That dealer is high as a kite hahahaha

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I got 2.75% on my 2022 Ram Rebel through Stellantis (Dodge/RAM)
nice...recently? i will likely sell my car and pay-off the TRX because i cannot stomach the interest. blonde moment for me for sure(to be fair, i ordered a year ago and rates were low). credit score is stupid high so this is just what we are stuck with apparently.

Zemedici

Established Member
I think it there is some blame that goes to the parents too... "you're going to college."

Look, not every kid's cut out to be an engineer just like not every kid's cut out to be an electrician. the world takes all kinds and shoe horning people into things they don't need or shouldn't pursue.... well... the consequences are coming to light....

This x 1 million

From as early as i can remember, it was drilled into our heads ‘college or you’re going to be a failure’

The SECOND i realized that wasn’t true, i stopped going to college.

My mom goes ‘what are you doing?’

Showed her my paycheck from working at a dealer in parts and it was more than she’d ever made in her life.

Wish i had realized sooner……smh

Trades ftw. College HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
nice...recently? i will likely sell my car and pay-off the TRX because i cannot stomach the interest. blonde moment for me for sure(to be fair, i ordered a year ago and rates were low). credit score is stupid high so this is just what we are stuck with apparently.

I bought my Rebel in August of this year. Just about 2 months ago now.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Ford lot had 15+ F-150. Starting to switch lot parking to pre-pandemic spacing.

q6543

Established Member
Used is really coming down now.
Base 2020 GT500s for 65k by this time next year.
13/14s sub 40k norm.

Users who are viewing this thread