Current New Vehicle Market

Morgan

Established Member
I've been waiting for home coverage to exclude covering fires due to an EV in the garage.
Absolutely.

Perhaps employers will begin asking if you drive an EV to work so that expectations for tardiness and outages can be set appropriately.

Then EV owners will become a protected class under the equal employment laws.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wasn't there a similar thread to this one but it was about the used car market? I can't seem to find it.

I'm still looking for a Mach 1, and man, sellers/dealers are on ****ing crack. I'm wondering what everyone is seeing in the used market, specifically on "specialty" vehicles like the M1. Nothing is selling (to my knowledge). M1's are sitting around and dealers are dropping prices slightly every few weeks but I feel like the asking prices and actual value are way off. The M1 isn't very rare and while it is a step up from the GT, it isn't a GT500. Just wondering what everyone is seeing in the used market and what your thoughts are on the M1.

The Mach 1s are awesome machines. I'd choose one over a GT350.

They're holding a pretty strong premium so far.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Be patient and keep looking, especially Northern dealer.
Oh, patience is not an issue for me. :)
The Mach 1s are awesome machines. I'd choose one over a GT350.

They're holding a pretty strong premium so far.
I know they are awesome, which is why I want one. I had the GT350 and sold it so I could buy a M1 (5.0 + Tremec!!!!). I am very patient, but I just LOL at prices people are asking. It seems to be a mix; some dealers are selling for under MSRP on a new one while other dealers and private party (which I prefer due to tax advantages in NV) are asking MSRP+ for used ones with 5k miles. A guy posted his on Mustang6g with leather Recaros in FJG with appearance package and the upgraded wheels (but no handling package). It has 500 miles on it but is a MY21. Asking $60k. He said MSRP was $61k. I'm not looking for a steal, but a realistic price. Plus I've heard the used market overall (not sure this applies to the M1) is sinking fast...like the Titanic! LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I know they are awesome, which is why I want one. I had the GT350 and sold it so I could buy a M1 (5.0 + Tremec!!!!). I am very patient, but I just LOL at prices people are asking. It seems to be a mix; some dealers are selling for under MSRP on a new one while other dealers and private party (which I prefer due to tax advantages in NV) are asking MSRP+ for used ones with 5k miles. A guy posted his on Mustang6g with leather Recaros in FJG with appearance package and the upgraded wheels (but no handling package). It has 500 miles on it but is a MY21. Asking $60k. He said MSRP was $61k. I'm not looking for a steal, but a realistic price. Plus I've heard the used market overall (not sure this applies to the M1) is sinking fast...like the Titanic! LOL

The used market is kinda weird right now. Some things are still way high, while others are coming down.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Calm before the storm.

Sellers are holding out on a prayer that the poors who are getting tax refunds in the coming months will blow it all on a down payment -- which will likely happen -- allowing a temporary boost in sales.

I'd imagine after May or so prices are going to come crashing down.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Calm before the storm.

Sellers are holding out on a prayer that the poors who are getting tax refunds in the coming months will blow it all on a down payment -- which will likely happen -- allowing a temporary boost in sales.

I'd imagine after May or so prices are going to come crashing down.
I hope so. I can wait. I've waited long enough already. But I think you are right, people/dealers are acting like the market is still a Covid/chip shortage market. Holding prices artificially high with the hope a sucker comes along.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I’ll never buy one BUT

my buddy does sales for a VW dealer where I live .. he texted me saying “ send everybody you can. We are finally selling under MSRP again”

1675281236755.gif

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The used market is kinda weird right now. Some things are still way high, while others are coming down.
I think EV owners are and will take it up the ass on trade in. There is just such a flood of new from all the makers hitting the market and they have no idea what the market saturation number is by region.

The MN dealer's association just lost to the state about MN following CA EV rules. They absolutely know they are gonna get rolled inventory-wise.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I think EV owners are and will take it up the ass on trade in. There is just such a flood of new from all the makers hitting the market and they have no idea what the market saturation number is by region.
I think the EV will follow the same path as the early years of smart phones. Each new one that comes out will be drastically better than the last, making the previous gen worthless. Couple that with aging batteries... it only gets worse.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

which color you after? i saw a gray one pulling out of the tint shop as i was pulling in...and oh my she looked good!

i too would choose the mach over the 350, kinda wish it had the tr6060 so you could boost without worry, but seems nothing is ever EXACTLY how ya want it

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
which color you after? i saw a gray one pulling out of the tint shop as i was pulling in...and oh my she looked good!

i too would choose the mach over the 350, kinda wish it had the tr6060 so you could boost without worry, but seems nothing is ever EXACTLY how ya want it
Fighter Jet Gray is my first choice and Oxford White is second.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Fighter Jet Gray is my first choice and Oxford White is second.
5344C941-C98E-478E-B163-2C3EB4300599.jpeg

Looking forward to daily driving this car.
HP Tremec and build date 2/22.
If you enjoy driving a manual, this is the sweetest factory setup I’ve driven.
-J

Attachments

• B53222FA-9723-4DD7-A8C4-6222F4BCB0BD.jpeg
    B53222FA-9723-4DD7-A8C4-6222F4BCB0BD.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 46
  • E55EC343-926E-42D2-99DE-BCF46D8886FD.jpeg
    E55EC343-926E-42D2-99DE-BCF46D8886FD.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 55

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
View attachment 1779187

Looking forward to daily driving this car.
HP Tremec and build date 2/22.
If you enjoy driving a manual, this is the sweetest factory setup I’ve driven.
-J
Love it. And you are right, this is the only Mustang with the 6 speed Tremec paired with the 5.0 so it is desirable to me. I've had the GT350 and S550 GT in a manual...would love to pair the trans with the Coyote.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
The MN dealer's association just lost to the state about MN following CA EV rules. They absolutely know they are gonna get rolled inventory-wise.
woot woot… any new vehicles in Minnesota need a to be either electric or hydrogen-powered by the year 2035. Thanks California

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
woot woot… any new vehicles in Minnesota need a to be either electric or hydrogen-powered by the year 2035. Thanks California

Officially, the MN pollution control agency must conduct more rule making for that to happen. Since the D's control all 3 branches, they are weighing the political fallout from doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread