Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep.. just like the good ol days. They appear to be roaring back.

I was inquiring on a new Gladiator Rubicon diesel at a dealer in SoCal.

MSRP $58,xxx, have an offer to sell at $47,xxx before tax and license.

I just might do it lol

That's stupid cheap. Like, super stupid cheap.

I just sold a used 2021 with 40k miles on it for $48,800 and the people drove up from Texas.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's stupid cheap. Like, super stupid cheap.

I just sold a used 2021 with 40k miles on it for $48,800 and the people drove up from Texas.

Pretty dumb on their part lol.

The Gladiator has never been quite the seller Jeep had hoped.. hence the deeper pricing.

Wranglers around here are still selling for close to, or slightly under MSRP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty dumb on their part lol.

The Gladiator has never been quite the seller Jeep had hoped.. hence the deeper pricing.

Wranglers around here are still selling for close to, or slightly under MSRP.

Weird. They sold like hotcakes around the Midwest. Just now you're starting to see them stay on dealer's lots more than a day or two, or at least that's what I hear from my retired friends who drive all over checking for me on the daily.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yep.. just like the good ol days. They appear to be roaring back.

I was inquiring on a new Gladiator Rubicon diesel at a dealer in SoCal.

MSRP $58,xxx, have an offer to sell at $47,xxx before tax and license.

I just might do it lol

Surprised Cally dealer so aggressive, are a few near me with $8,000 discount.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, but you just roll that negative equity into a new and longer loan. It's that easy.

I laugh about it now, but I was probably 20 years old before I realized “we’ll pay off your old loan” meant rolling it into the new payment.

I just assumed buying your old car off you was a perk of car buying through dealerships.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
13, with the current economy/market, what interest rates are you currently seeing for people with excellent credit (720+) from your financing institutions?

@13COBRA

Zemedici

Established Member
13, with the current economy/market, what interest rates are you currently seeing for people with excellent credit (720+) from your financing institutions?

@13COBRA

Curious if 13s rates differ as i just had this discussion with a Buddy of mine that sells in Florida

He said 750+ score, good down payment, is still 5-8% on new stuff, and 8-12 on used

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious if 13s rates differ as i just had this discussion with a Buddy of mine that sells in Florida

He said 750+ score, good down payment, is still 5-8% on new stuff, and 8-12 on used

my credit union is currently doing 6-7 for used and 5 for new (iirc)….

saw some stuff online with some places dropping to 2.9-3%…. But they were random (to me) places….

Blackoyote

Established Member

I just bought an F150 from a Ford dealer (used), they couldn't match the rate of my Credit Union even with perfect credit (844, close enough).

CU is 5.25% for 72, dealer couldn't get under 5.64% (I still used them for ease, and it'll be getting mostly paid off once my 4Runner sells).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just bought an F150 from a Ford dealer (used), they couldn't match the rate of my Credit Union even with perfect credit (844, close enough).

CU is 5.25% for 72, dealer couldn't get under 5.64% (I still used them for ease, and it'll be getting mostly paid off once my 4Runner sells).

Yeah that's about what they are for used rates at the moment.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Been kinda getting the itch to move onto a different platform, but no way am I doing 5+ interest… Guess I will have to wait… RIP.

Man, 5% really isn't that bad. Truly, that's what rates should be. If it's much less than that, it creates too many ups and downs in the markets as it changes. The false rates we've seen for the last 10 years, are just that, false.

Users who are viewing this thread