Custom CAI ??? Prostreet Look?

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Chris... Your dad's ride is cool... beautifully detailed too... always liked it when you post pictures, and yeah... that's what I used to call a serious "HONKER"!!! :)

28850-1248-23841.jpg

I never went quite that far... blown, that is... I had a glass 27 T-Bucket with 6 97's on a built chevy small block... it had a _nice_ sound when you pounced on it (4-1 chrome straight collector pipes). I think we had it down into the 11's which is slow by today's standards. My dream car was always the 40 Willys A/GS (Stone, Woods, & Cook).

fullboogie

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
You must mean Ron's buddy "Barnyard". I would never talk any crap about this guy. He looks like someone that enjoys a good time.

Barnyard is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I still think he looks like Gary Busey's younger brother!

Grombil.com

Established Member
I love the look of a big intake coming up on the hood! Pro street rules :)
But the otherone with the intake in front and to the left looks realy stupid. I wold rather run without the hodd then drive wit a hood like that....

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
When I first got my ProGlass Ram Air shaker hood that was the first thing that came to mind was tryin to adapt a buzzard catcher, or hilborne style or pro street on her. I can get it to work...but it just would not be to appealing after ya opened the hood....

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
You must mean Ron's buddy "Barnyard". I would never talk any crap about this guy. He looks like someone that enjoys a good time. :beer:

IMG_0469.sized.jpg

No... the one I'm thinking of had the scoop centered, almost a thin "tent" look that rose up maybe 18" and was at least 10" wide at the base. Also I think it was red or some other bright color... not black.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
you better post more pics...and a link to were I can buy one :D

The pic was taken at a Fun Ford Weekend a few years ago, Jim custom made it for a JDM customer, you would have to talk to him about it

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i think i could design something like that...

actully that looks really simple... but air flow on it would suck a fat one since the air is hitting the back of the box...

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
new info...

while yes that intake is really simple and i could up the design in about 5 minutes... which i did... then remembered while i was in the bathroom (which since most of us are guys we get all the important thinking done.) hey what about our plentum... its not straight like the one on that truck...

Grombil.com

Established Member
gpro71bird said:
Chris....Love you Dads street rod. I'm running a shot gun scoop on my 71 Bird.

29awrrc.jpg

4icas0g.jpg

I realy love that bird... There are some of these in Norway to but their rare. I bud of mine had a formula 400... They rock... :beer:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
i think i could design something like that...

actully that looks really simple... but air flow on it would suck a fat one since the air is hitting the back of the box...

Seems like you would lose a lot of velocity, but then again if you were custom designing something like that, surely you could 're design' parts of it :)

I wish I knew more about actual fabrication, I have some pretty cool ideas on how to do a better pre-throttlebody intake system myself :p I built a custom 100MM to the maf one out of black PVC, foam, and some heat resistant tape that my cousin got from his work (he works on fighterjets for the USMC at miramar). That thing worked out awesome, the closest thing I've seen yet to it is the densecharger CAI's for those cars, but I donno if they still make those.

Users who are viewing this thread