Custom drive shaft shop in southern LA?

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I would try Billy at Budget Transmission. I'm not sure if he makes them or not but if he doesnt he could help you find somebody that does. He's installed a transmission and two clutches for me and does great work.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
There is a driveshaft place in harahan near colonial bowling alley. They do some good work and are local. DSS did mine back in my auto days. Good price and top notch piece.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I had these guys make some for me over the years,

Driveline of Baton Rouge Inc
7225 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70805-5505

(225) 356-3800 ‎

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Drive Line of BR inc seems they dont want my business after 4+ phone calls and leaving my name and cell number twice to two guys answering the phone. It seems because i do not have the front yoke etc from a viper drive shaft, it is blowing their minds.

So with that said, i need phone numbers to other places who can make one from scratch. Thanks!

All i need is a driveshaft to go from a viper spec t56 out of a wrecked 2000 viper to a stock 04 rear end. Is it THAT complicated.

/end rant.

Last edited:

RyansQuick6

HIV Negative since 1980!!
Established Member
Driveline is one of those old school places that likes to handle things face to face. You'll want to provide the yokes anyway, it'll make it cheaper for you.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I priced the front yoke on summit. I think it's a 31 spline from ford that will fit it. However, i have no way of confirming that.

Do yall know what front yoke/spline fits a viper spec t56 from a gen 2 viper?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Already did that long time ago. They only sell the whole driveshaft.

Again. Please give me numbers of other shops. Yellow book and other phone book sites aren't working for this.

Entrenched

Established Member
Drive shaft

I realize you are putting the transmission ina truck, but I have one from a 94-04 with a SRA. I have a modified FRPP aluminum shaft with a 1350, 31 spline (C6 style yoke) front and SRA rear. It came out of my 2003 GT with a TKO 600 (same tail as a Viper spec T56). Here is a picture, be aware its dirty, I haven't tried to clean it.

I live in Lafayette and could let you check it out before you buy. I only want $150 for it.

DSCN4201.jpg

DSCN4200.jpg

Last edited:

Josh10924

Established Member
driveline n automotive in harahan does good work. i bring all of our shop's machine work to them. 504-737-3737

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread