Custom gauge pod project

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I've got someone working on a little something

Now who else is ready for one?!

Come on Jake. Dont you want 2 more gauges?

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Just got my Zpod in and installed it. Production number 1, hell yeah! I am posting pictures up later today after I charge the camera. It is even more impressive in person. The aeroforce gauges fit in it PERFECTLY. The Zpod and aeroforce gauges together are the ultimate gauge combo. The info is right there, looks stock and custom all at once, the info those gauges can give you is unbelievable, ridiculously easy to install. The zpod is right at home in the interior. It does not impede with the rear view mirror whatsoever from my seating position. I am beyond satisfied. If you supply your own piece the Zpod is $225 for parts and labor. Zak sent me pics through the entire process and I can attest the labor, craftsmanship, and materials going into it are well worth it. The next closest piece on the market is only $75 cheaper and it is not half of the product that the Zpod is. This is one of the many items for our cars that you should do youself a favor and go ahead and buy the best. You will be so glad you did I promise. I smile everytime I sit in mine and my guages pop on! Pics coming in this thread this afternoon!!!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
There is a slight difference in the mounting location of the electronics. I should be receiving a 2011 console by mid week next week and could use if for you build if interested. Then you could always ship you stocker back upon recieval as a core exchange and get back $50.

Pm me if you need any extra details

AlCaPwn

Established Member
What my Zpod went into

DSC01053.jpg

and now the Zpod Pics... (notice my awesome heatsoak at picture time! obviously my next purchase through Van should be a HE)

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

Beyond staisfied with my purchase. You need this pod!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
never saw your dual pod and yes i saw the "quad pod" thats where i got the idea and realized i didnt need four gauges. Your work looks good...

And I never claimed to be the originator, just making my own style and offering them to who has the same taste as me

Last edited:

Nexson

Established Member
never saw your dual pod and yes i saw the "quad pod" thats where i got the idea and realized i didnt need four gauges. Your work looks good...

And I never claimed to be the originator, just making my own style and offering them to who has the same taste as me

Let me know if you ever need any techniques or pointers for the paint and the finish. These pods can be very time consuming.

Good work thus far my friend;-)

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Thanks man, I asked blacknite how you got the good textured look but he said you didn't want to give up your secret. I just used what I know from working in construction my whole life and being handy to figure out my first one (my personal pod) and have learned trick and other ways of improving over time.

You are right about time consuming, I have made one in anywhere from 7 to 15 days so far. I only work on it after work and on the weekends

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
The work is great. I've seen these in person through the various stages of completion and the design has been perfected.

Nexson

Established Member
Thanks man, I asked blacknite how you got the good textured look but he said you didn't want to give up your secret. I just used what I know from working in construction my whole life and being handy to figure out my first one (my personal pod) and have learned trick and other ways of improving over time.

You are right about time consuming, I have made one in anywhere from 7 to 15 days so far. I only work on it after work and on the weekends

Grab some Duplicolor Bedliner, spray it from 2 feet away, let it dry, spray it with topcoat color, let it dry, sand it down with 400 grit lightly. Topcoat again with color and your good to go:-D

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
ill have to try that something to see how i like it. but i think i figured out my own method.

thanks for the comments and help man

Nexson

Established Member
No Problem,

Also CA Glue your fleece to your plastic, then sand that down and go over it with some epoxy around the edges. It will make your fiberglass resin/fleece bond to plastic much better. No need to drill holes either.

When I first started off 5-6 years go, I would do a job and then I could rip apart the plastic from the fiberglass because it was literally just sitting ontop. It takes time to learn. I have moved on to automotive refinishing.

Like you said, you have and will develop your own techniques. No secrets here, don't mind helping out. I am a teacher by daytime anyways.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
well i just finished up all the wiring for the sensors and i gotta say this entire set up is sweet!

now whos next?

Users who are viewing this thread