Custom toggle switch in center console

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeS10

Established Member
I did this setup so that I can turn on the intercooler pump and fans when the car is off to cool it down a lot faster after a run.

Some of the supplies I used:
Knife
Linesmen's pliers
Wire strippers
two different colors of 14g wire
Toggle switch
Drill
Step Bit
Solder/Soldering iron/Flux
Electrical tape
#10mm wrench/socket
Phillips screw driver
Crimp connectors
Black wire loom
Fiber glass pole
Black wire ties

IMG_0478.jpg

First step was setting up the relays where I wanted them, so I mounted them one to the new heat exchanger, the other to where the old heat exchanger used to mount:

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

Run the wire through the loom, tape at each end where the wires come out to hold the loom in place so it doesn't slide off, run the wiring to your desired termination point.
IMG_0477.jpg

I used a post terminal and tied the grounds in with some of the other grounding on the car already

Next, to add the extra wire needed to power the pump, use the wire strippers to cut at two spots on the wire, and a knife to peel the casing off, wrap the desired wires around the exposed wire, flux, and solder them, this is known as a linesmen's splice.

XtremeS10

Established Member
The next step was to fish the wires into the center console, first the panel needed removed:
IMG_0484.jpg

Next using the fiber glass pole I fished along side of the emergency brake handle:

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

I taped onto the pole and pulled it through, then pushed the wires into the compartment by hand:

IMG_0486.jpg

Next it was time to modify the panel for the switch:

IMG_0487.jpg

I used a drill with a step bit on it to get it to the desired size

IMG_0488.jpg

once the hole was drilled you can install the toggle switch:

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

XtremeS10

Established Member
Make all of your connections onto the back, the wire going to the battery will go to the 12v positive, the wire going to the pump will go on acc, and a chassis ground can be installed as well. I used quick connect crimps because it was easier to do and its in a low heat low friction area.

Next after reinstalling the panel its time to button everything back up
IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

And there you have it, custom toggle switch in your cabin for anything you want!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread