Cyprus Haircut

jbs$

Established Member
The proposed theft of large Bank accounts may produce a few surprises for some Brussels bureaucrats. Much of the money being stolen is Russian, may be Russian mob money. Not the sort of people you want really pissed off at you. If they go through with it, there will be a lot of blown up cars and headless body's wearing good suits.

railroad

Established Member
My financial adviser mentioned to me, over a year ago, the Obamo administration was discussing the same tactics for the U.S.

jbs$

Established Member
The Obama bunch have decided that they can accomplish the same thing just by using a printing press. Inflating the US currency through repeated quantum easing is stealing your savings without making much noise.

jbs$

Established Member
I see that the theft will now be 40% of all amounts over €100,000. Don't think that we don't have politicians who believe that this is a great idea. How would you like to wake up and fine that your 401K, that you have spent years building up, is suddenly taken by Government.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Don't think that we don't have politicians who believe that this is a great idea. How would you like to wake up and fine that your 401K, that you have spent years building up, is suddenly taken by Government.

Yep. Don't think it couldn't happen here.

Although if it did, there would probably be the blood of politicians flowing in the streets. There would be millions of people who would just stop paying their taxes at that point.

ssssnake

Established Member
I read this Friday.

U.S. debt far outweighs that of every European nation -- nations that are going for bailouts one after another. The U.S. government could seize 100 percent of the $9.3 trillion held in banks in the country and it would cover just over half of our total national debt. That $9.3 trillion would cover just two-and-a-half years of the federal budget.​

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I read this Friday.

U.S. debt far outweighs that of every European nation -- nations that are going for bailouts one after another. The U.S. government could seize 100 percent of the $9.3 trillion held in banks in the country and it would cover just over half of our total national debt. That $9.3 trillion would cover just two-and-a-half years of the federal budget.​

Link? That is scary as hell.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Cyprus_zpsbaf9fd70.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread