D1SC LS1 Camaro vs P1SC BOSS

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
So the Camaro has a 5.0 motor in it?

Curbweight between the 2 cars is likely 200+ pounds stock plus Boss had a 250 pound passenger? Both have Prochargers so I would cancel any difference blower set-ups make between the 2

The actual weight is irrelevant it is the DIFFERENCE in weight that counts

So improved heads are hurting the Camaro? Doubtful maybe low-end a bit but with a blower..

180lb passenger

blkvenm97

Established Member
yes all bein added camaro is probably 3700 lbs but the boss is gauranteed to be over 4000 with the driver AND passenger added in along with the blower, just like in the camaro. there's easily a 300-400 lbs advantage going to the camaro in this case as far as weight goes. both great cars and both very fast cars congrats to the op for coming out on top.

mrlrd1

Established Member
So the Camaro has a 5.0 motor in it?

What?! :dw:

Curbweight between the 2 cars is likely 200+ pounds stock plus Boss had a 250 pound passenger? Both have Prochargers so I would cancel any difference blower set-ups make between the 2

The actual weight is irrelevant it is the DIFFERENCE in weight that counts

Probably only around 200lb difference between the 2 cars. I don't consider that a "big weight advantage"

So improved heads are hurting the Camaro? Doubtful maybe low-end a bit but with a blower..

Losing a full point in compression vs slightly better ports and chamber. In the real world, they offset.

GR8GAME

Established Member
Alright alright lets slow down a little with the "driver mod" crap and I'll explain:

1.) I had my friend in the car as well as a 250# weight disadvantage before the race started. (Camaro=3400 Boss = 3650 + 180 = 3840 for those that have a hard time with the math).

2.) I was told the camaro was around 600 at the wheels. After reading this its more like 620+ with the D1 super, heads, cats, racing cam, and wide open cutouts. I have 630 at the crank which leaves me with 550 at the wheels as I have no mods expect for the P1SC. I'm no sandbagger just throwing it out there which I even did before we raced. Minor detail...

3.) HP - Weight ratios (Camaro = 3400/630 = 5.31 Boss = 3800/550 = 6.9) obviously I'm outgunned.

4.) For all of those claiming I can't shift I have stock suspension and was running a completely stock car minus the Procharger. I have changed the stock shifter (Which destroys my transmission if left) and have seen huge changes in smoother shifting. To not drop my transmission I actually let off the gas when I shift. Crazy concept...

5.) I didn't check with anybody before I raced as to what I was racing. Instead I just went and ran for fun. Everyone should know too that if you choose to post on a site like this that you should notify somebody when you put their information up... Like with myself and my car. It's a common courtesy.

I am no whiner and totally willing to run again. But for all of you that threw out that "as expected" crap on here I shouldn't have won a single race with the above information.... But I did... So I guess it's not "as you expected"...

My camaro is full weight at 3700+. The B4C's are closer to 3400. Good runs though. We can go again once I fix the rear.

Last edited:

Bauce

Bauce 302
Established Member
What?! :dw:

Probably only around 200lb difference between the 2 cars. I don't consider that a "big weight advantage"

Losing a full point in compression vs slightly better ports and chamber. In the real world, they offset.

Haha... Ok chief here we go....

Camaro = 3433
Boss 302 = 3631

Curb Weight difference = 198 lb

Boss 302 + Passenger (180 lb) = 180 + 3631 = 3811

Total Boss Weight = 3811 lb
Total Camaro Weight = 3433 lb

Weight Difference = 3811 - 3433 = 378 lb

Quite the difference... Pay attention...

GR8GAME

Established Member
And my camaro is a full weight SLP SS with a moser 12 bolt, sub frame connectors, supercharger and inter cooler, and a few other parts that add some weight. She's not light by any means. I do need to hit a scale and find out though.

DSS

Established Member
looks badass and sounds fast,

i dont know if you got my PMs on LS1tech or not, but i hope you guys come to our area to have a lil fun runs and make some small cash out of it too :beer:

GR8GAME

Established Member
I've been called out by some cars in your area and know the caliber of some of those vehicles, meaning I'm in for it. I'm still down though. Lol

DSS

Established Member
oh i see, well non of those cars that called you out are from my camp i can tell you that, its just not our style

as for southbay cars, alot of high HP cars here and almost all of them are safe racers too :bored::bored: then again 99% of cars guys everywhere are bunch of safe racers, they only want to do pull if its a for sure win, ;-)

now everyone wants to know exactly what you have done, and how much you make on the dyno

well i PMed you my contact number on LS1tech.com

so just let me know bro, looking forward seeing your badass camaro and meeting some new cool folks

Last edited:

GR8GAME

Established Member
Yup, no shame in my game. 628rwhp here. Once my buddy is done with his blazer and gets to work on his grand national, I'm sure he will be down as well.

Win or lose, I'm addicted to the thrill either way. I'll hit you up when I can make it down that way with the camaro next. It probably won't be until I get drag radials back on it.

DSS

Established Member
Yup, no shame in my game. 628rwhp here. Once my buddy is done with his blazer and gets to work on his grand national, I'm sure he will be down as well.

Win or lose, I'm addicted to the thrill either way. I'll hit you up when I can make it down that way with the camaro next. It probably won't be until I get drag radials back on it.

sounds good bro, you didnt have to tell me your number :rolling:, ohh def looking forward to that grand national,

my camp is the same, its all in the good fun, oh take your time buddy no rush,

few guys from this forum from your area i think is also coming down here soon too

DSS

Established Member
I've been called out by some cars in your area and know the caliber of some of those vehicles, meaning I'm in for it. I'm still down though. Lol

can you tell me which cars that called you out from our area? and if you can point them our way,

thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread