Dallas Mustang

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I have to share one of the funniest conversations I have ever had with any shop.

I am not going to share the name of this tool but I will say it was DM. I called on pricing on a nitrous kit for my Cobra and in the middle of getting prices he asked me "Why are you wanting nitrous"? I said are you kidding me! To add more power was my response.

He said every 03-04 cobra that they have installed nitrous on has not made any power. I need to get a KB or Whipple (DUH). He said the last cobra had like 470 something rwhp and added nitrous and barely made 540 something on a 100 shot!! I told him it was a install and tune error! Trust me he said "that is not the problem". Cobras dont respond well to nitrous!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more example of why to use DM for only parts!

Will

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I don't even use them for parts, I feel like I waste time with them every time I go there. There are DM faithfuls and if they treat you nice more power to ya. I just like to do my own research and take my care to other places in Dallas.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I don't even use them for parts, I feel like I waste time with them every time I go there. There are DM faithfuls and if they treat you nice more power to ya. I just like to do my own research and take my care to other places in Dallas.

The only reason why I called is to compare prices. The last time I actually bought something from them was about 3 years ago. It was a NX nitrous kit and it was on sale for 420.00. I thought maybe I might get that lucky again.

Will

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I will never use them .... did once back in 99 .. never again ..

Crowley

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
They used to have comparable prices on parts for my '69 Mustang. I would save on shipping going to the shop and picking it up myself compared to haveing it shipped from another online outfit. I haven't used them in a long time either though.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Mike Wilson tuned my car and did a pretty good job, don't know about the rest of the shop though. Yeah but the nitrous thing is way off, about to go juicing myself :)

hardcore35th

Established Member
Yeah mike is the man. My car is still on the stock short block with 200+ nitrous passes in the low 11s. :thumbsup: As far as parts sometimes they will pricematch. They have some new people there as of the last couple of weeks.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
After it took three trips to correctly install my new gears on my 2000 GT, and two trips to install my lowering springs on the same car - I decided they were not the kind of shop I wanted to do business with. I have had my Cobra for over three years and have not even called them - and likely never will as long as there are all the other great shops around Dallas.

(BTW - I keep in touch with the guy who bought my 2000 GT, and he told me he recently replaced the 3.73 gears I had installed with 4.10s - and told me the gear lash was way off. Looks like DM STILL did not get it right after three tries :rollseyes )

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I had a fair amount of experience with them with both my '02 GT 'vert and now the Cobra. I really think their expertise is in the older 'stangs and not so much with the newer ones. Parts are okay if they give you the skinny on correct delivery dates. Thankfully, I'm an HPP convert now and don't plan on anyone else turning a wrench on mine although I had no complaints about Mike Wilson's tune.

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
BigZach said:
Yeah, they pretty much suck all around. I don't go back there anymore.

Well I am glad that I read this thread because I was thinking about going there for some pricing and maybe some tuning. But listening to all the negative feeback I have changed my mind. I guess I need to take my business elsewhere.

Benny

adamb258

Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
Well I am glad that I read this thread because I was thinking about going there for some pricing and maybe some tuning. But listening to all the negative feeback I have changed my mind. I guess I need to take my business elsewhere.

Benny

HPP Racing!

Call and ask for Manny

wario

Established Member
Hpp all the way. Thats the only shop that will ever touch my car. :thumbsup:

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
adamb258 said:
HPP Racing!

Call and ask for Manny

Thanks adamb258 I have been hearing alot of good things about HPP Racing and especially Manny. So I am going to take my business to HPP racing and refer them business as well. Its also real close to me since I work in Farmers Branch and HPP racing is in Lewisville. Thanks for letting me know I am definately going to go see Manny at HPP Racing thanks :thumbsup:

Benny

Users who are viewing this thread