Damage at Moms house

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did your son sneak them into your wife's house? Did they belong to your ex? I'm curious, too, how he got them. Fireworks set off in a house is a new one for me. :eek:

I agree with everyone that your ex-wife should be responsible to submit the claim through her homeowner's insurance. As long as you didn't give your son the fireworks, it should be on her. If anything, it would seem she wasn't providing adequate care to your son. All those fireworks went off and she couldn't get to him sooner to stop him?

nxhappy

Established Member
#1 she was "supposed" to watch the kid, but didn't
#2 it's her house, not yours
#3 you should tell your ex to **** off
#4 you should punish your kid so he learns a lesson about property damage

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Tell him to leave his stupid shit at mom's house before you leave him at mom's house.

shamalama ramalama ding dong

_Snake_

Established Member
If you wanted full custody, now may be a good time to fight for it.
While she was "watching" her child, he nearly burns the house down? That won't go over well.

And as mentioned, homeowners should cover it, minus deductible.

This.

In fact, tell her to give you $15k to keep your mouth shut and not revisit the custody agreement.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
This.

In fact, tell her to give you $15k to keep your mouth shut and not revisit the custody agreement.

Exactly! She just proved her incompetence. Hire a female attorney always and give her the business. Been there, show no mercy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
First, watch the family crap.
Second, I agree, this child may have issues. No way in hell would one of my kids get away with this crap without being seriously disciplined.
Time to take a step back and evaluate this situation.

bglf83

Established Member
I did stupid crap like this when I was a kid. I think it's growing up being a boy.

You live in the south? After you discipline him and it's passed, a used dirt bike and some country land goes w long ways into focusing the energy.

If he is not old enough for a dirt bike, do it with a go cart.

Edit:. I see you are in Vegas. Dirt bikes and deserts go together.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Subscribing.... No offense to OP, but this is quite comical.

WTF is the child doing lighting fireworks inside the home for. What the hell was she doing to not notice any of this. And that damage to that shit kitchen is hardly $32K....

I would also like to know how old this kid is. Behavioral issues maybe?

1badton

Established Member
I feel for you. But am n the same boat so to speak. Haven't talk to my boys of 14 and 11 in a couple of weeks. As for the situation tell her get to stepin and get your boy to your house. I'll bet something else is going on? Talk to him. No wonder they don't get equal rights then get full custody

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It was my son’s week to be at his mom’s house. While he was there he was playing with Fire works, caught the house on fire and did $36k of damage. My ex wants me to cover half. The rest of the story is I caught him at my place a month earlier playing with smoke bombs. I took it all away and had a long talk with him. Only question is, am i legally responsible? It was an ugly divorce so there is no working with her.
Tell her to EAD and FOAD. Kid was under her supervision at her house. Look at it as God getting even.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I've got no worthwhile legal or insurance advice. Speaking from first hand experience, I can say with some degree of certainty your young fella will probably grow out of this about the time the fumes come into view (gas fumes and perfume), if not sooner.

I played with matches WAY too much. Caught some old carpet on fire in the attic when I was 12 that involved fire trucks. "Accidentally" dropped a lit match in a 2 gallon can of gas...

Somehow the house never burned down. Beats me why it didn't.

Found a Playboy when I was 5, looked at it under the porch. Got scared, set it on fire, burned down the porch.

Users who are viewing this thread