Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I bought a Whipple snout rebuild kit & a snout breather bolt. The bolt was 19.99 on the invoice listed as misc inventor... invoice#2800.
Well what I got was clearly a used bolt that had been in a supercharger at some point in its life. I just went and put it in the snout because I just didn't want to deal with all the BS. I work for a high end car dealer Penske is one of our customers as well, When I showed the bolt to some of my co workers they all agreed.

TRBO VNM

I should have a repaired 2.6 back this week and can share pics when it arrives. I sent this link to Jon expressing my concern. It was either KB or Jon Bond and people on here recommended Jon. He has a better warranty than KB. We will see this week how packing is when it arrives.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
I bought a Whipple snout rebuild kit & a snout breather bolt. The bolt was 19.99 on the invoice listed as misc inventor... invoice#2800.
Well what I got was clearly a used bolt that had been in a supercharger at some point in its life. I just went and put it in the snout because I just didn't want to deal with all the BS. I work for a high end car dealer Penske is one of our customers as well, When I showed the bolt to some of my co workers they all agreed.

I am sorry that you feel this way. We sell used supercharger parts on our site too. Many of them are un-obtainable. Those who can't access support for these items are appreciative of our efforts.

We are the only web site that has the world's largest collection of new, and discontinued or good re-usable parts in one place. Your welcome to send it back in exchange for new one from Whipple. Whipple's price of $30 plus $16.99 shipping direct from Whipple. #WP12.35mmv. We are a Whipple dealer too. Please note that item also shipped the same day and the rest of the consumable parts that you ordered were new and significantly less than if purchased directly from Whipple.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I would have been fine with 10 or 20 bucks extra for a new one. The bolt was the failure point in the first place. I just wish you would have specified what your were sending was a used part.

Dave

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I realize that every business is going to have their share of bad news directed at them, but in my personal case with jon bond, everything went smooth. We exchanged emails and I sent pics of my whipple before ever sending it them. And when I sent it and it had more issues than I expeced, he offered to repair with a new gesr set that was damaged, but I elected to sell the parts to him, for a very fair price also. He even shipped back the rr pulley I had on it when I informed him that I could get more for it than he was offering. All in all it went smooth, I got the paypal quickly and referred a friend to him with an older kb, which also went smoothly.

sorry to hear about whatever troubles you have had, op. But I will be willing to use him again, and I avise anyone on the fence to contact him and talk first.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
It seems like the people that send blowers to this guy all end up having a ton of issues for some reason and its gonna cost twice as much or the blower is no good and he wants to buy it at a fair cost which is probably cheap as hell because the customer thinks its damaged and no good so they are at least getting something. What's Weird to me is that guy that got a used bolt and the fact Jon buys "damaged" blowers which are probably good just needs a rebuild but he can use those parts for other blowers he does for a fraction of the cost of what the new parts would cost him. Seems like a good scam going on.

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
He sold me a used bolt with who knows how many miles on it. Its the bolt that holds the pulley hub on the blower. He never specified in our emails that the link he sent me or the one listed on his site was for a used bolt/part. Like I stated above if I knew it was used I would have spent the extra money for a new one. He says we should be appreciative of his efforts.

Dave

Last edited:

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
It seems like the people that send blowers to this guy all end up having a ton of issues for some reason and its gonna cost twice as much or the blower is no good and he wants to buy it at a fair cost which is probably cheap as hell because the customer thinks its damaged and no good so they are at least getting something. What's Weird to me is that guy that got a used bolt and the fact Jon buys "damaged" blowers which are probably good just needs a rebuild but he can use those parts for other blowers he does for a fraction of the cost of what the new parts would cost him. Seems like a good scam going on.

x2. He sounds like the next Hennessey......

FastyJohn03

Established Member
I had send my 2.2kb to kennebell and they never said anything about not b able to rebuild or stop rebuilding 2.2kb?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The OP should be getting a second opinion about if the case is in fact junk with those light scores. Did Jon Bond not ship the item back with some type of insurance?

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I regret the item had shipping damage. We can't correct a conflict if the customer is not willing to work towards it in a positive way. We receive many items here that are packaged well that receive shipping damage. Just this week alone, we had a Magnuson kit come in here with a broken carbon fiber drive shaft. A Techco fell from the roof area of a UPS truck. Another Magnuson had a chunk of the manifold broken off. A TRD had a mounting bracket broken. A Saleen F150 arrived with a broken top mounting ear. All of these items were shipped here packaged well and in boxes that weighed 80 to 110lbs with dimensions of 36x24x24. Not exactly something that can be tossed around.

Its terrible how poorly people package their products these days. As a warehouse manager for an aftermarket exhaust company it blows my mind what people think is acceptable. Seeing coilover kits in a box much larger than it needed to be with only a thin piece of cardboard between them as they bounced around in the box... common now. It is always the shippers responsibility to assume their packages are going to get thrown around It's frustrating how companies try to cut pennies by shipping boxes of those weight and dimensions without palletizing them. They should know that people getting paid minimum wage to unload trucks at UPS are not going to break their backs for a box of that size. Our UPS guy is really respectful, but he always bitches about the young guys who just roll 100+ pound packages out the back of trucks when they're unloading.

I only assemble and ship out a 2 or 3 superchargers a month but with Instapak there's really no reason anything should be bouncing around in the box.

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
I had Procharger rebuild my D1SC head unit to the tune of ~$450 IIRC, and when it arrived it had several gouges and scratches in the case. I was pretty pissed, but honestly I'm so tired of dealing with BS from some of these companies that I just got out the old elbow grease and sanded it down then re-polished it. (Mind you the blower had just been mirror polished 600 miles of driving time before I sent it to them, I paid $300 to have it polished by Mirror Finish Polishing, it was originally a satin unit). The case even had jaw marks from being in a bench vise. Some of it was probably due to necessary handling to disassemble/reassemble, I wouldn't think to the extent that it was but oh well, it is what it is.

I obviously can't say anything for sure as to what the real circumstances are in this case of the KB, being an outsider looking in. But I will say that being a perfectionist, I'm so used to re-doing or fixing things I get from companies that it doesn't get to me that much anymore sadly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread