Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The "parts" that came loose in the package must have included a bench vise and a guy with a flat head screw driver. It's obvious there are vise and pry marks on that case. Enjoy your damaged reputation - hope it was worth it when you could have just owned up to the mistake and fixed this guys case in the first place. The internet can be a mean vengeful bitch.

01silverstang

Established Member
I have a replacement $400 case and am willing to replace and or polish the external damaged parts. We will pay for return shipping of those items to here, and then pay to return ship them back to the customer. There are no other strings attached.

You could have solved the problem this way from the beginning. It doesn't matter if the damage was accidental, the damage occured while in your possesion. Either do what you just offered up front, or if you feel the shipping company caused the damage, file a claim with UPS/Shipping company so the customer is reimbursed for the damaged part.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Agreed. And to me, as Jon said in his first post, he didnt want to rebuild this blower in fear that someone else would get it and it would damage their reputation. So to me, this sounds like they intentionally ruined the blower so it could not be repaired by anyone else. Because then his reputation would suffer again if another shop could fix it and make it work but his couldnt. Sounds like the kind of guy thats lucky hes not doing local business like this because someone would kick his ****ing little ass for this shenanigans. I hope someone does too.

F8L BYT

Established Member
In for more info..... What I want to see is for the OP to send the unit to Kenne Bell now to see what they say and if they rebuild it. The scratches that the case received on the outside suck and was definitely the cause of either Jon Bond LLC or their lack of packaging it properly, regardless it is their fault....

OP Send the unit to Kenne Bell and let's hear what they say about it

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
To the people with the pitchforks in their hands out for blood.... What do you think is a fair solution?

Fat-cat

Established Member
This response is to the original post. There are comments on here or on FB from people that are clearly not our customer as the names are not in our accounting system. There are also misleading facts and name calling that is clearly immature and not conducive to any solution.
Rob did send his supercharger to us.
We performed an inspection and found the following items: Damage to the case internally from an object that was digested by the supercharger, damage to the rotors, galled gears, a coupling system (missing the coupler) that had wear consistent with requiring replacement. We recommend a rebuild, coupling system replacement, replacement gears, replacement case, rotor repair, and replacement rotor coating.
We also provide another 3 options:
1. Trade in the drive snout and the rotors for cash or credit.
2. Do nothing and have it returned.
3. Purchase a new Kenne Bell kit. Our price was the same as KB. KB did not have any rebuilt 2.2L in stock.
The customer elected to have the item returned. We did not use the box provided as it was damaged. The customer informed us that the item was damaged by email upon delivery. The customer was understandably agitated. A call to the customer did not lead to any resolve as the customer was degrading and threatened to provide negative feedback. Once the threat took place, I realized this conversation was not going to have any immediate solution. Treat me or JB employees with respect, and we will do almost anything to help a customer. Threaten us and our business is done.
The case, rotors, and cover were plastic wrapped. The bolts were placed in one bag along with all the bad parts in another zip lock bag. Based on the pictures provided, it looks like the gears and or the bolts became dislodged during shipping and were caught between the case and the box/packing material. The damage is consistent with the package being dropped while in in shipment. Shipping damage is quite common for items arriving here, while rare for items that we ship out.

We have a 2.2L case here. We have the ability to fix this supercharger correctly. We have the ability to come to a solution with the customer. We were not able to reach an agreeable arrangement due to threats. Ask yourself these questions:
1. If the supercharger case was repairable, don’t you think we would have suggested this in the hopes of retaining a customer versus having them ask to send it back?
2. If the supercharger was repaired with those lines left in place, and another person from the public purchased it, with our name on it, would you not expect a quality, undamaged, repaired item?
3. If you found the grooves in the case after the fact- would you consider this acceptable, or would you want your money back, or a discount?
Facts:
We have only had 3 bad reviews out of 3,000 customers. No company is perfect. While I would prefer none, I am satisfied that you can’t make everyone happy.
We rebuild 44 different brands and support many models under these brands. Many of these items are not supported by the manufacturer anymore. We have over 92 different upgrades that we have created for various models. Here are just a few for Kenne Bell:
1. We have fixes for seal problems with Kenne Bell, such as PTFE seals so that they can run methanol, alchohol, gasoline, and nitro-methane- standard.
2. We have upgraded seals for the rear of MX rotors where the rear rotor seal rubs the rear bearing plate creating premature failure, noise, rotor wear, heat, wear to the bearing plate, and more- standard.
3. Upgraded oil to keep gear case running cooler.
4. Upgraded bearing configurations for rebuilds- standard.
5. Double PTFE lip seal configuration for 30 psi drag bike setups.
6. Ceramic rotor coatings- heat reflective (drag) or Ceraslik.
Many professional teams use our services all over the world. We have Korry Hogan’s build team (world’s fastest drag bike at 255mph), Alwine Racing, Dryden Racing, Penske Racing, Penske Automotive, Big Cola Racing and more. We have also done supercharger work for a film crew, movie stars, and more. We take our work seriously and quality abounds in all the work that we do. We recently acquired Saleen Automotive in the last 3 months due to the quality of our work.
As for those citing supercharger destruction, we have only had 4 catastrophic failures in 5 years. 2 were new and 2 under warranty. All 4 were replaced at no charge to the customer. If anyone here has issues past or present with our work, I encourage you to discuss this with our company. All of our superchargers have a repair ID badge. If you do not have a cool looking JB Performance repair badge, then we did not rebuild it or sell it. I know that there are superchargers being sold used that are mis-represented as being rebuilt from here that have not as we receive the calls.
We are very busy and do not have time to follow this on-line discussion. I challenge anyone who has work pending or already on the way to post pictures of the quality of the work that we deliver.
Jon Bond- Jon Bond Performance LLC

Lots of Key board thugs in here for sure. I dont know the customer nore ever used Jon Bond's services. Its seems that Jon has tried to provide multiple solutions to rectify the situation. People always like to gang up on a company that " supposedly " did wrong. There are 2 sides to every story for sure but unless Jon shipped it back in a cardboard box with no packing in it then why is this guy not going after the shipping company. ?

I bought a used 2.2L from some clown on this site years ago and it arrived in a box 2 X too big with the snout hanging outside the box. I pmed the guy said your packing was a ****en joke and had the blower inspected locally and it was fine. Ran it for a year no issue. This problem is not Jon's its the customer being a cheap ****. Fix your blower or buy a new one. Yeah so the case got ****ed up a little. Go after the shipping company for not taking care of your package. if you had paid to have it re-assembled with your garbage parts you would still need a replacement. The scoring in the case wont stop it from working but it sounds like it had more than just a case issue. Dump the POS on the bench and buy a new blower your not going to fix it anyway. Get some cash from the shipping company and buy a Whipple

The rest of you pitch fork wielders go back to your holes bandwagons are for sports teams and hillbilly's. Bond has clearly demonstrated customer service and the ablity to rectify the situation with multiple options and the Pissed of thread starter was firstly cheap ( if you know so much why did you send it in to begin with ) and secondly cheap & Belligerent for not having it repaired properly as clearly the case is not the only issue with your KB and then Spouting off like Jon owed him something and not the shipping company. I dont see any picture of the package arriving like it was nice and perfect form Purolator ? my guess is it looked like they drug it around under a forklift for an hour. Your beef is with the shipping entity.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Your beef is with the shipping entity.

Wrong. OP wasn't the shipper. Even if he paid for the return shipping - he paid Jon Bond and Bond paid the shipper. Therefore Jon Bond is the shipping companies customer and the one that would need to seek resolution from the shipping company if there is a claim to be made. I'm betting the reason this hasn't happen is because UPS (or whoever) would laugh at Bond if he tried to claim those vise and pry marks were caused during shipping.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member

I bought a used 2.2L from some clown on this site years ago and it arrived in a box 2 X too big with the snout hanging outside the box. I pmed the guy said your packing was a ****en joke

So someone shipped you a blower that was poorly packaged and your initial reaction was to get in contact with him to say it was his fault?

Now the OP is in the same situation, yet he's a cheap ass that needs to suck it up? Sounds logical.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
So someone shipped you a blower that was poorly packaged and your initial reaction was to get in contact with him to say it was his fault?

Now the OP is in the same situation, yet he's a cheap ass that needs to suck it up? Sounds logical.

Exactly! I don't think I've seen a dumber post this entire year. He can't be serious:nonono:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
It seems like the people that send blowers to this guy all end up having a ton of issues for some reason and its gonna cost twice as much or the blower is no good and he wants to buy it at a fair cost which is probably cheap as hell because the customer thinks its damaged and no good so they are at least getting something. What's Weird to me is that guy that got a used bolt and the fact Jon buys "damaged" blowers which are probably good just needs a rebuild but he can use those parts for other blowers he does for a fraction of the cost of what the new parts would cost him. Seems like a good scam going on.

This caught my attention as well. It appears that everyone that sends their blower in has "extra" stuff that needs to be fixed and if you pay the extra money it gets fixed, but if you don't want to pay the extra money they'll buy the blower from you for cheap and now you go buy another blower. This is a win win for the blower "fixer" all the way around. Either they make more money than they're supposed, because they're charging more than they should be or they get a nice blower with minimal damage for an excellent price since the owner believes it's damaged beyond repair or too costly to repair. This guy declined the repairs and now his blower is damaged worst than when he sent it in. Coincidence? Doesn't sound like one to me...

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
In for more info..... What I want to see is for the OP to send the unit to Kenne Bell now to see what they say and if they rebuild it. The scratches that the case received on the outside suck and was definitely the cause of either Jon Bond LLC or their lack of packaging it properly, regardless it is their fault....

OP Send the unit to Kenne Bell and let's hear what they say about it

Been in contact with Mike from KenneBell. After a long discussion and multiple pictures It has been noted to me that the case, rotrs, and gears are not "bad" as stated by Jon Bond. This "coating" that Jon Bond sell for the rotors is a non needed item. The rotors from KenneBell factory are hard anodized. No "special" teflon coating Bond trys to sell. Mike said the small gouges inside the case are nothing. They have seen worse.

So now Im gonna box it all back up again to send to KB for a full rebuild. Then spend more money getting the exterior of the case fixed.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Lots of Key board thugs in here for sure. I dont know the customer nore ever used Jon Bond's services. Its seems that Jon has tried to provide multiple solutions to rectify the situation. People always like to gang up on a company that " supposedly " did wrong. There are 2 sides to every story for sure but unless Jon shipped it back in a cardboard box with no packing in it then why is this guy not going after the shipping company. ?

I bought a used 2.2L from some clown on this site years ago and it arrived in a box 2 X too big with the snout hanging outside the box. I pmed the guy said your packing was a ****en joke and had the blower inspected locally and it was fine. Ran it for a year no issue. This problem is not Jon's its the customer being a cheap ****. Fix your blower or buy a new one. Yeah so the case got ****ed up a little. Go after the shipping company for not taking care of your package. if you had paid to have it re-assembled with your garbage parts you would still need a replacement. The scoring in the case wont stop it from working but it sounds like it had more than just a case issue. Dump the POS on the bench and buy a new blower your not going to fix it anyway. Get some cash from the shipping company and buy a Whipple

The rest of you pitch fork wielders go back to your holes bandwagons are for sports teams and hillbilly's. Bond has clearly demonstrated customer service and the ablity to rectify the situation with multiple options and the Pissed of thread starter was firstly cheap ( if you know so much why did you send it in to begin with ) and secondly cheap & Belligerent for not having it repaired properly as clearly the case is not the only issue with your KB and then Spouting off like Jon owed him something and not the shipping company. I dont see any picture of the package arriving like it was nice and perfect form Purolator ? my guess is it looked like they drug it around under a forklift for an hour. Your beef is with the shipping entity.

Yes it was poorly packaged by Jon Bond. But I'll tell you that it was not done during shipping. The steel plated sticker on the side of the blower was in the SEALED parts bag. So if it happened during shipping than UPS opened the box, damaged it, then packed it all back up.

And just for you I'll get pics of the box and packaging material it was returned to me in. When I spoke to Jon about the poor packaging he said I would not have paid the extra 15-20 bucks for better shipping back to me. what 15-20 bucks from 40? Nothing! I went all out on shipping it to JBP with 2500 in insurance also. Wasnt cheap to ship to him to make sure it wouldnt get damaged.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

This caught my attention as well. It appears that everyone that sends their blower in has "extra" stuff that needs to be fixed and if you pay the extra money it gets fixed, but if you don't want to pay the extra money they'll buy the blower from you for cheap and now you go buy another blower. This is a win win for the blower "fixer" all the way around. Either they make more money than they're supposed, because they're charging more than they should be or they get a nice blower with minimal damage for an excellent price since the owner believes it's damaged beyond repair or too costly to repair. This guy declined the repairs and now his blower is damaged worst than when he sent it in. Coincidence? Doesn't sound like one to me...

Not with me. I sent the blower in having an idea of what was wrong and the other items that needed to be replaced because of the damage and that is all that was done. Blower will be here tomorrow and I will get pics of the box and contents.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yes it was poorly packaged by Jon Bond. But I'll tell you that it was not done during shipping. The steel plated sticker on the side of the blower was in the SEALED parts bag. So if it happened during shipping than UPS opened the box, damaged it, then packed it all back up.

And just for you I'll get pics of the box and packaging material it was returned to me in. When I spoke to Jon about the poor packaging he said I would not have paid the extra 15-20 bucks for better shipping back to me. what 15-20 bucks from 40? Nothing! I went all out on shipping it to JBP with 2500 in insurance also. Wasnt cheap to ship to him to make sure it wouldnt get damaged.

See if Jon Bond would ship the good case he offered to you direct to kenne bell to be mated with your stuff.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
I prefer to fix superchargers. Buying parts does not pay any bills. Offering to purchase used parts helps the customer with something that is a paper weight, but also helps other customers with potential problems that may not have any parts availability. We have been buying used parts for over 5 years. This is nothing new and it is not a scam. It's running a business. NO ONE ELSE offers to assist a customer buying a replacement supercharger cash for the good items in their supercharger. Occasionally, some superchargers have little or no value due to significant damage. The customer is always offered to have all non-functioning parts that have no value return shipped.

musclefan21

Established Member
Bond, sometimes it is better to lose a little bit of money and make a an honest customer happy than fight for at little amount of money and lose thousands of thousands in return along with your reputation.

I personally wouldn't do business with you because of this incident alone. Just because of the way it is being handled so far.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
I never stated Kenne Bell does not rebuild 2.2L. I stated that they no longer carry any 2.2L in stock. 2.2L has been discontinued since 2005.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
Many times, damage to the supercharger is done in shipping to our facility and they arrive like the picture of the box that is on our facebook page. In 5 years of items arrived here damaged with insurance, no shipping company has ever paid a claim. They always cite too light of a box, not enough packing material.

We always 3M buff all surfaces, clean and or replace any damaged bolts, and light polish any polished surfaces in a rebuild. If your unit had gouges in it, it was because it arrived here this way. We use rubber lined mat benches for dis-assembly and assembly. You can see a picture of these with one of the most recent posts on our facebook page.

As for the badge that was in the bag of parts. It arrived here with half of it separating off the case. We made a judgement call to remove it- as we always do with anything like this. Any loose badging is always removed.

As to the person referencing the internet can be a cruel place. Your absolutely right. Posters can sit behind a name of that makes them anonymous or less likely known and can post what ever they want and say what they want without retribution. A business will conduct themselves with pride and treat customers with respect. When respect is not reciprocated or a customer becomes unruly, we fire the customer and move on. Last I checked, there was not any website where we can or should post about unruly customers.

Anyone that makes a phone call here knows that we always try to help, even with technical questions that never deliver any immediate financial gain. I am not aware of any company that will spend the amount of time we do helping customers over the phone. I don't have to defend this position. The 65+ phone calls we receive in a day and the 200+ emails tell me we are doing something right. We will continue to provide quality work at a reputable price.

This is our last post on this post. Should you personally have questions or concerns, please reach out to us.

Users who are viewing this thread