Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I've read the entire thread and in typical fashion the SVT Mob/Gang mentality came out. OP made the thread to inform and hopefully get results, it looks like Jon has offered to replace the case, did the op accept?

I have no dog in this fight and hope the OP and Jon get it figured out. I just don't get the "satisfy the customer at all cost" attitude. I was only respondeing to the part that Cobrabob highlighted and said wow to, nothing more nothing less.

No I did not accept. In the end Im over it and want nothing to do with Jon Bond or his "business". I'll just send it to KB and get it done properly.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Here you can clearly see where the sticker was set. You can see the gouges that occurred under the sticker. Now how this was damaged during shipping to JB with NOTHING floating around in the box. And if that was the case then why wasnt I contacted immediately upon receipt so I could file a claim against UPS.

20140618_190146.jpg

20140618_190146.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
He figured he was shipping $20 of scrap aluminum back to you and his packaging reflected that fact. Piss poor attitude.

TRBO VNM

I did receive the repaired blower for my customer today. Glad it is the total opposite from the OP experience. Box came undamaged and had straps around it. Bad parts were in ziplock bags within the padding and no other damage to the blower.

He even included new snout hardware at no extra charge and removed 6 broken factory bolts (prior owner reused factory bolts and actually glued one of the bolt heads back on, WTF) at no charge.

So far I am satisfied with my experience with Jon Bond. I hope everything goes well with the OP and KB.

svtshadow

Banned
I did receive the repaired blower for my customer today. Glad it is the total opposite from the OP experience. Box came undamaged and had straps around it. Bad parts were in ziplock bags within the padding and no other damage to the blower.

He even included new snout hardware at no extra charge and removed 6 broken factory bolts (prior owner reused factory bolts and actually glued one of the bolt heads back on, WTF) at no charge.

So far I am satisfied with my experience with Jon Bond. I hope everything goes well with the OP and KB.

Always good reviews from Bond!

Makapuu

Pictures speak a thousand words.

There is nothing Bond can say that can overcome those pictures. The OP sent in a well cared for part that was in excellent condition, and it was sent back aesthetically and literally destroyed. No owner of a car with a supercharger would ever send it to him after seeing these pictures.

And why doesn't Bond get the simple fact that we care what our stuff looks like? We spend thousands of dollars for "accessories" whose only purpose is to make our cars look better. I love my car and everything about it - and love all the shiny polished billet all over the place. If someone was to destroy the appearance of part of my car - and especially the supercharger which is a central focus on top and in the middle of the engine bay, they are destroying my time and care and all the love and effort I put into that car.

John Bond has demonstrated such appalling ignorance about his customer base and what they value. I am shocked that he manages to stay in business. Worse, he has the audacity to post here and blame the OP for the condition of the supercharger, as well as express impunity that the OP would even care about it since in Bond's estimation, it was unusable anyhow.

Jon Bond had the opportunity to make this right. He blew it. Monumentally. Focusing on customers needing to show him respect means his business is running on his needs and possibly his insecurities. That requires customers to read his mind because it is not about the customer or the quality of the work, it is about whether you have given Bond the respect he demands. That may work in a Marine Boot camp, but no way it will work when someone is paying you money to do something.

After reading through this entire thread, as well as the one at garage Journal, I am starting to believe that the supercharger was intentionally destroyed in retaliation for the OP not giving Bond the business. And as I said - pictures speak. And the pictures tell me someone was pissed off and wanted to destroy something. No way that happened in shipping - especially the badge.

If I were the OP, I would call the police of Bond's local community, and send the pictures and see if the police see it as a criminal act of vandalism. I sure looks like one. At least that's what the pictures say to me.

Last edited:

ffjosh

Established Member
After being in customer service and knowing a few business owners the customer is always right even if they are not.

Its a lot easier to make a "wrong" customer happy then to make a "correct" customer mad.

Business owners who make there business goals/plans/budgets every year plan for the "wrong" customers.

So if you put back $10k every year to take care of your customers even if they are wrong it will greatly help your rep.

Only time you tell a customer to F off is when they are clearly abusing the system. But by then you have dirt on them

BladeX10

Established Member
After being in customer service and knowing a few business owners the customer is always right even if they are not.

Its a lot easier to make a "wrong" customer happy then to make a "correct" customer mad.

Business owners who make there business goals/plans/budgets every year plan for the "wrong" customers.

So if you put back $10k every year to take care of your customers even if they are wrong it will greatly help your rep.

Only time you tell a customer to F off is when they are clearly abusing the system. But by then you have dirt on them

Truth. I work at a dealership and have to bend over backwards to make a customer happy even if they are clearly wrong. Its very bad business to go against a customer in a situation like this, Especially on the internet where a simple google search will now pop up this thread about the business and drive away potential customers.

brandonflood123

Established Member
Truth. I work at a dealership and have to bend over backwards to make a customer happy even if they are clearly wrong. Its very bad business to go against a customer in a situation like this, Especially on the internet where a simple google search will now pop up this thread about the business and drive away potential customers.

not to mention, one of the largest mustang/ really any car communities on the web.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
the financial implication of this thread alone has cost him a lot of future business. It can easily be quantified from a $$ standpoint.

No matter who was wrong or who was right, Jon Bond comes out the loser in this situation. It's sad that as a business owner he couldn't figure that out on his own.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Truly amazing how inept this business owner is. ****ed himself out of some major coin. How dumb can you be.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
I prefer to fix superchargers. Buying parts does not pay any bills. Offering to purchase used parts helps the customer with something that is a paper weight, but also helps other customers with potential problems that may not have any parts availability. We have been buying used parts for over 5 years. This is nothing new and it is not a scam. It's running a business. NO ONE ELSE offers to assist a customer buying a replacement supercharger cash for the good items in their supercharger. Occasionally, some superchargers have little or no value due to significant damage. The customer is always offered to have all non-functioning parts that have no value return shipped.

This sums up his attitude. Since you did'nt agree to let him work on it he threw around your "paper weight" with "no value" and shipped it back with no concern to condition.

Users who are viewing this thread