Damn! I just got the dreaded clicking sound!

Tman

Established Member
Well, its wierd but happened right after my oil change and I can hear it really loud now. On top of that a really annoying clicking sound is coming out of my front vents but only when accelarating, it sounds like somethings loose. So before I do any more serious modding off to the shop it goes for a full through inspection. Im thinking Brown Brothers, any suggestions?
Thanks!

terminatd

Established Member
The same thing happened to me. After the "dealer" first oil change at 1000km the engine got louder and I thought that I had the tick. I changed to Mobile 1 5w-30 synthetic and it got quieter. I decided that it isn't the tick, just a normal cobra. Many have had the same experience.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21801&highlight=oil+change

There is also a discrepancy about the amount of oil for these cars. From 6 to 7. I used 6.5 l. You may have a low oil situation if they only put in 6 l.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138042&highlight=oil+level

Brown Brothers is the best locally for service. Wayne Johnson is the Cobra guy, get them to listen to it. More than likely oil related and not the tick. BTW, most have had the tick return after the head swap, wait for the real fix if thats the problem.

Tman

Established Member
Thanks a lot! Greatly appreciated!!
Ive heard great things about Wayne and his tuning abilities. I will definetely do that and get my exhaust installed there as well while the car is in the shop.
Thanks!

TechRTM

Established Member
Well I here the old clutch is Rockin Again! TMan! as for the weird noise up front it was not the TICK as they call it But something rubbing against the Firewall. The Tick was an issue in 03's in Van as many Heads had the Re and re. This I belive was something different after your road Test! The Good news is its not the TICK! (I heard anyways) just a rubbing/noise. ???? Should be an easy fix under your warranty!

Nice to meet you today!

Users who are viewing this thread