• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Damn intake

Discussion in 'The Blower Bistro' started by old01cobra, Oct 9, 2018.

1. old01cobra

old01cobra Member Established Member

Not sure where to put this. Looking for advice on a raised hood. Its a 2001 cobra and I just got done with my blower install. I have a fr500 intake and I found the spacer for the top plate and the spacer for the throttle body. With everything attached and mounted Im about a inch or two too tall. Cant tell because when I close the hood I start making contact on the throttle body, push a little more then its into the intercooler pipe.

Question is, are these aftermarket hoods raised more than just in the center. I think I need about an inch prior too the main hump portion on these raised hoods. I cant tell by the pictures but if you look at the hood line that runs from the grill cut out (portion on the inside of the headlights actual part of the bumper) on new edge mustangs is it raised there from the factory hood at that point also?

Thanks sorry for the hard worded description and question its goofy trying to type what Im trying to get answered...

2. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member

3. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

4. old01cobra

Are these raised from end to end or just primarily the center portion. I can't tell by the pictures on the vending sites. Ive called the companies and they say its raised 2.5-4inchs depending on who I call.

What Im trying to ask which isn't coming out right because im a idiot is before the main raised portion of the hoods that little stepped portion right before the main raise is that section higher than the stock hoods?

Thanks

5. GodStang

GodStang Well-Known Member Established Member

So to fit my blower I did K-Member spacers and then added a 1995 Style Cobra R hood. It is 3" but the blower does fit.

IMG_0253.jpg

Revvv likes this.
  6. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member

@GodStang's suggestion is a bit more work, but the safest for you. It's a good looking hood, too.

Revvv likes this.
  7. old01cobra

I like that style no questions about that. You guys ever see a AIT, VIS or Trufiber hood in person? Im leaning to a Type-4 style AIT. I'll be ricing it for awhile till I can flip the bill for the hood paint and blend. Least I can throw a carbon fiber hood on and run around for awhile. Cars mineral Grey so it wont look horrible but it definitely wont look like Godstangs right away.

8. old01cobra

Its sexy looking Ill give you that. Im running a Team Z kmember. Did you need to do anything with the steering shaft when you dropped your member? The way the team z is it sort of drops the rack down and too the right it seems. So my steering shaft is stretched already pretty good.

9. GodStang

No the only thing I had to do is put in the spacers and torque them down. They take less than two hours to do. We were trying to keep stock hood. We put the spacers in. Then took them out. Then put them back in. Then took them out when we went to bigger hood and then put them back in when it still would not fit under that hood.

10. svt99rag

svt99rag Indy Blue Oval Established Member

I still need to get that Fox hood from you

GodStang likes this.
  11. GodStang

Still sitting in the same spot along with many other hoods...

12. old01cobra

I'm asking about hoods...... Then you state you have MANY other hoods.... Any raised 99-04

13. 9397SVTs

9397SVTs Member Established Member

Check out Kaenan. Many different styles and heights.

14. old01cobra

Yeah that Kaenen hood on the blue mach is probably what I need. I had a cheapo take off that someone let me trial fit at 2.5inch cowl but that's a no go its not raised enough towards the fender. I need like a raised double hump hood or dual cowl etc. How do you order a Kaenan hood I the website isn't up?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  15. 9397SVTs

9397SVTs Member Established Member

I think they have a Facebook page, based on a Google search. I'm not on Facebook, so I can't check.