Dampening Shocks

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
I recently swapped out my rear stock dampening shocks for Viking shocks. Since I did that the car will continuously switch from Comfort to Sport mode every 5-10 seconds. In order to combat that I plugged in the stock shocks and just have them laying in my trunk. Is there a more permanent fix?

Thanks

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm suprised no one else encountered this, since I figured some of the drag racing guys probably swapped them out.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
I'd think there would be a fuse for that. I'm not sure if it's #32 (10A) Vehicle dynamics control module, or if that's part of the traction control stuff. It's something to check I guess. I figure just pulling a fuse (if there's a dedicated one for that) would still leave an error light on the display...but should stop it from constantly switching.

Ultimately you'll probably need a resistor to plug into the rear damper leads to 'simulate' a connected shock. I'm not sure what resistance value to use though.

Just some thoughts. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in with a solution for you though. I'm following along because I've been wondering about this myself prior to changing shocks.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How are u liking the vikings?

Hope you get it sorted meng!

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check about the resister idea. I don't want to get rid of the dampening mode since that will effect the front shocks

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The "default" for these is sport mode, so pulling the fuse will lock the front in sport which is stiff, especially if you are trying to get transfer for drag racing. Other have discussed the resistor idea to trick them. It has been discussed here before. Have fun with the search.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread