Dash/radio bezel vents rattle fix

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
I did this and it helped tremendously !
It will make it much easier to pin down a few other bothersome little buzzes and rattles.

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
I did this as well, It worked great however I did'nt use the RTV, I had a hard time finding the right stuff. SO I used Vaseline and it worked wonders. DEAD Quiet. I also applied some to the area where the dash contacts the plastic bezel for the vents. Anyways, thanks for the write up!!

MysticRob

Established Member
Mine has the rattle too, and as luck would have it I have half a can of plasti-dip spray that I'll use and report back, hopefully with pics.

MysticRob

Established Member
Well I used the plasti-dip spray everywhere, very liberally, and multiple times and it didn't quite stop the rattling. The plasti-dip did work well on the vents themselves, but I used blue silicone everywhere else and resprayed the plasti-dip on the vents one more time to finally quiet everything down. Thanks again to the OP for posting this fix.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pics are gone forever unless the OP (or another SVTP member) has the originals loaded on their computer and can re-upload them to this thread. TinyPic deleted all of their files and closed shop in September, 2019. A lot of people got caught by surprise by this.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Besides around the vents, any other areas that need to be hit?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

hotcobra03

Established Member
There was a member who helped get some pics back on another thread .

He used archive.org

Everything is in this web site ,even this post ..crazy.

cj428mach

Established Member
Anyone have some pics? I'd love to see where the problem areas are as my car has 16.5k miles and never had the radio bezel out but there is a rattle around it some where. I like to do things right so if the revised vent takes care of the problem I'd drop some change to do that rather than smear silicone around something.

Users who are viewing this thread