Data logging with an app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry if it's been asked before, but does anyone know if you can get decent info with an iphone app?

My race car (98 cobra) is having some odd issues after a few laps and I need to log timing, IMRCs, and coolant temp.

The previous owner gave me an old SCT with the car, it suggests I can log with it but I'd have to buy additional cables and stuff to get it to work with my laptop and I'd have to have someone ride in the car with me. It seems like it could be way easier if I could do it on my phone and stick it in my pocket.

Dash command keeps popping up in my searches, but reading through various places it seems like the most technical it gets is it reads the MAF sensor.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The MS3 has Bluetooth capability too.

But for what you want I don't think there's an option. Most of the bluetooth stuff I've seen is live reading only. For the SCT you only need one cable to connect between the laptop and device. You can save the datalog to go over later on.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yep, full MOTEC system :)

lol I would spend more on that than the car.

The MS3 has Bluetooth capability too.

But for what you want I don't think there's an option. Most of the bluetooth stuff I've seen is live reading only. For the SCT you only need one cable to connect between the laptop and device. You can save the datalog to go over later on.

Yeah I think I'm going to have to go the SCT route.

I'll just have my wife in the car, log it when we first go out, then log again once it starts acting up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I think I'm going to have to go the SCT route.

I'll just have my wife in the car, log it when we first go out, then log again once it starts acting up.

Make sure she's buckled up!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She will be.

I need new belts and I'm trying to decide which ones to go with.

I'm a sucker for TeamTech. I've had 4 different belts through them. Super easy to work with as far as customizing colors and such, and offers wide or narrow shoulder straps depending on your HAANS.

Users who are viewing this thread