Datalog AEM wid band with sct x3

usmcah-1w

Established Member
I have searching and searching on how to connect the wideband to sct x3. I have purchased a FireWire cable but every where I have searched said to connect different wires. Has anyone done this and can explain on what exactly gets connected to the wideband from the FireWire cable? Pictures of the connections would be great thanks.

cj428mach

Established Member
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg.html

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/sct-xcal2-a-f-datalog-confusion.1040457/

I think between this picture and this thread it explains how to install an AEM wideband in your car.

Just FYI not all Firewires are colored the same, as some have found out over the years, you should use a multimeter to verify the pin 3 is actually orange, and just don't just assume orange goes to pin 3.

usmcah-1w

Established Member
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg.html

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/sct-xcal2-a-f-datalog-confusion.1040457/

I think between this picture and this thread it explains how to install an AEM wideband in your car.

Just FYI not all Firewires are colored the same, as some have found out over the years, you should use a multimeter to verify the pin 3 is actually orange, and just don't just assume orange goes to pin 3.

Thank you for the help. I have already checked the 3 pin/ orange wire and they are correct. From the different threads I have read I am confused on whether or not the orange wire on the FireWire is the only one that gets connected to the wideband or does an additional wire need to be connected to a ground?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
A couple things.
1. On my firewire the colors of the wires didnt match up exactly with that pin out. So i used a multimiter to find the right one.
2. I had to use a ground for some reason to make mine pick up right. Others didnt have that issue. Maybe Bdubbs did too?

Users who are viewing this thread