datalog/aeroforce AFR gauge reading

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'm preparing to have a wideband O2 wired up in my car so I can data log with an Xcal handheld and have AFR displayed when driving the car. and now I've run into some decisions. I originally bought an AEM wideband, but now I've decided I want an aero force for all it can do and am reading where I can use their wideband, have it read AFR and data log all in one? Is this correct? And omething about I need to unplug the AFR display feature to the aero force gauge so it's not reading to the gauge and in the data log via the fire wire at the same time if I'm data logging? I'm a newb at all this so any help is appreciated.

My main question is if I choose to sell the AEM wideband for an aero force wideband, can I data log via fire wire to my Xcal, and have the AFR displayed in the aero force gauge or should I keep the AEM wideband and purchase the aero force separately and just not use it to data log? A little confused here as you can probably tell. I'd like to keep the gauge to one for now if possible b/c later I plan on adding the SOS dual pillar pods with mechanical Speed Hut gauges.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Just use the AEM if you already have it. Get the aeroforce in addition to the AEM.

That's the exact set up I have.

doesnt the aero force read from your odbII? I would rather have my afr read from an o2 sensor. my aero force is unplugged when im datalogging .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
You can use any wideband with the aeroforce gauge.

Use your AEM wideband hooked to your Aeroforce gauge. Then splice the AEM 5v output wire that goes to the Aeroforce and hook it to your Firewire cable for the xcal.

Lastly buy an OBD2 splitter cable that will plug into your OBD2 port and have to OBD2 hook ups. This will allow you to plug your Xcal and Aeroforce into the OBD2 port at the same time.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive heard people say that they dont get good readouts having multiple devices hooked up like that. If you have the aeroforce hooked up and the Xcal using a splitter and its not sampling quick enough or things arent working properly youd have to unplug the aeroforce gauge.

you would have to run a wire from the aeroforce signal wire to the firewall cable to log the wideband.

personally I run an aeroforce along with the innovate dual wideband. I can log the widebands and see it on the gauge at the same time. I just unplug the aeroforce (havent tried running both at once yet)

choate

Established Member
Glad this is getting some responses b/c I'm still trying to figure it all out. I actually sold the AEM wideband last night. Lost a little money but that's ok b/c it went to a good home. I just didn't want the AEM gauge and the Aeroforce gauge both going on my dash. I think I've almost got this figured out but I may need to call a vendor or Aeroforce direct to confirm.

Aeroforce makes a wideband kit that comes with a controller and a bosch sensor for the O2 plug. From what I gather, I can log AFR on the Aeroforce itself if I add the wideband sensor option, or I can use the option to plug in my Xcal4 to the OBDII and data log to be able to send to a tuner. So only one or the other could be plugged in unless I did the splitter but I also have read it's not good to have it done that way. Am I missing anything?

choate

Established Member
Just use the AEM if you already have it. Get the aeroforce in addition to the AEM.

That's the exact set up I have.

doesnt the aero force read from your odbII? I would rather have my afr read from an o2 sensor. my aero force is unplugged when im datalogging .

Aeroforce will read the AFR from a wideband 02 sensor but be able to display on their guage. I think. It does plug into the OBDII though, so like you said I would have to unplug it to data log on my Xcal. The aeroforce can data log itself too though so when I'm driving I could log on it to view myself, or make it display the AFR when it's plugged into the OBD port. So what I think I have done is eliminate the AEM gauge displaying the AFR and move that display to the aeroforce gauge. Those little things are amazing btw and a must have I think and that's what started all this and realizing I don't want gauges all over the place - just one on the steering column for now that does it all

choate

Established Member
Does anybody know if the Bosch 4.9 will work with E85 or will I need an upgraded sensor?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have a PLX module and it's hooked to my Aeroforce for the display. When I datalog I disconnect the Aeroforce and plug in the Xcal2. Only issue I keep forgetting the Aeroforce is unplugged and I keep checking it for A/F.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread