Day Time "Turkey Sandwich Drags" @ Willow Springs - Saturday Nov 30 - 10AM-4PM

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nope too far away plus the track at this point looks to be wet. Hope it works out for you guys. But i highly recommend if there Is rain within 3 days of this too pass on this unless you want to spin out or possibly crash. Wet tracks = bad news

racebronco2

Established Member
Nope too far away plus the track at this point looks to be wet. Hope it works out for you guys. But i highly recommend if there Is rain within 3 days of this too pass on this unless you want to spin out or possibly crash. Wet tracks = bad news

Another person whom doesn't know what they are talking about. I have been there when it rains in the morning and dries out in the afternoon. The track dries out within a day most of the time.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Had a good time at the Willow drags.

Cool people. Perfect Weather. No traction :burnout:

I didn't get the name of the guy who was the original owner of the SB Cobra, but it was nice to meet you. :beer:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Had a good time at the Willow drags.

Cool people. Perfect Weather. No traction :burnout:

I didn't get the name of the guy who was the original owner of the SB Cobra, but it was nice to meet you. :beer:

I sent you a PM. That was my SB Coupe. Now make plans for Famoso Saturday, 2/16/2014

First time I've logged in here since 2/15/2008. Had a hell of a time remembering my login info

Anything under 11 seconds and over 100 MPH is good for a street car at Willow. You saw those Camaros doing a lot less than that. My last run I killed that Corvette Gran Sport

racebronco2

Established Member
10.9 @ 104.6 (track length was 1000ft)

I don't know if that time is good/bad/normal? :burn:

The timing lights they had set up only covered reaction time and final ET with MPH. There were no 60 foot or 1/8 mile times/mph.

That's a really good time. Most of the blown Cobra's are in the mid to high 11's, mostly due to street tires and drivers trying to go wot on the launch.

My old and i mean old friend in his almost stock White 5.0 auto usually does high 10's and about 100mph. He's on drag radials and just mashes the gas with no wheel spin.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I sent you a PM. That was my SB Coupe. Now make plans for Famoso Saturday, 2/16/2014

First time I've logged in here since 2/15/2008. Had a hell of a time remembering my login info

Anything under 11 seconds and over 100 MPH is good for a street car at Willow. You saw those Camaros doing a lot less than that. My last run I killed that Corvette Gran Sport

Thanks for the PM. :beer:

I didn't catch that last run you had against the Gran Sport, but I did see some of the passes you and your friend in the 5.0 made. What did the Gran Sport run?

I'm in for Famoso in Feb 2014. Too bad its such a long time until the next event there.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
That's a really good time. Most of the blown Cobra's are in the mid to high 11's, mostly due to street tires and drivers trying to go wot on the launch.

Another Mustang owner gave me a good tip to just walk the car off the line and not launch at all. It took several runs to figure out how little throttle to give it to avoid spinning in 1st and 2nd.

My old and i mean old friend in his almost stock White 5.0 auto usually does high 10's and about 100mph. He's on drag radials and just mashes the gas with no wheel spin.

I was on 305/35ZR18 Toyo R888s and was getting wheel hop in 1st and 2nd. I hope I will be able to launch these tires on a prepped track but am not sure since I didn't get a chance to test at Willow. Do R888s work well at Famoso?

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Another Mustang owner gave me a good tip to just walk the car off the line and not launch at all. It took several runs to figure out how little throttle to give it to avoid spinning in 1st and 2nd.

I was on 305/35ZR18 Toyo R888s and was getting wheel hop in 1st and 2nd. I hope I will be able to launch these tires on a prepped track but am not sure since I didn't get a chance to test at Willow. Do R888s work well at Famoso?

What kind of rear suspension mods? Are you still with IRS or swap to SRA? I have FTBR bushings on my IRS and have zero hop on Nitto 555s and Toyo TQs. They appear to allow the IRS to work flawlessly. Cobra drives straight on hard pulls...no swaying.

racebronco2

Established Member

Just imagine trying to launch with almost 600rwhp.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
What kind of rear suspension mods? Are you still with IRS or swap to SRA? I have FTBR bushings on my IRS and have zero hop on Nitto 555s and Toyo TQs. They appear to allow the IRS to work flawlessly. Cobra drives straight on hard pulls...no swaying.

IRS mods: Maximum Motorsports IRS bushings and a Billet Flow IRS brace.

Tires: Toyo Proxes R888 (road racing tire)

Suspension: Stock

I think I may need a tire that has a side wall with more flex? I may need to swap to the Toyo TQs from the Toyo Proxes when I need to replace the rear tires? Not really sure yet which tire to go with?

Also read a thread where someone mentioned as soon as they lowered their car, it got rid of the wheel hop, so that might be next? Not sure which is the best route to go: springs and cc plates or coil overs

racebronco2

Established Member
I have get out really easy (about 1/2 throttle), short shifting into second and sometimes short shifting into third. I can than go wot. Best times are in my sig. I use the MT's drag radials.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

+1 that is really good mrcalikrome, my best time at willow was 10.799 @ 104.57, so I think you have an 11 second vert at famoso for sure :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread