Dealer Cost v Invoice on Hellcat

fangstang

Established Member
I would get a plum crazy, manual Hellcat with brass colored wheels and sepia interior.
image-jpg.28291

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The 6.2 is stout.
The IHI superchargers are having issues with the bearings in the supercharger.
I hear that there a fix in the works. Hellcat owners are having superchargers replaced. Some are for a second time.
Wouldn't be too worried about it, the CTS-V's have a similar known issue. Mine isn't making any noise, but I'm hoping it does so I can get a replacement, lol.

Now I was reading about a other issues that kind of has me on the fence. Leaking lines, dead cylinders, etc.

Kewlv8

Established Member
It's a 650RWHP car with a full warranty, Geez. Who cares about a few issues where the defects are measure in the PPM. Grow a pair and just do it....:cool:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wouldn't be too worried about it, the CTS-V's have a similar known issue. Mine isn't making any noise, but I'm hoping it does so I can get a replacement, lol.
Now I was reading about a other issues that kind of has me on the fence. Leaking lines, dead cylinders, etc.
I didn't hear anything about those issue mentioned. Just the supercharger issue.
What have you heard/read?

It's a 650RWHP car with a full warranty, Geez. Who cares about a few issues where the defects are measure in the PPM. Grow a pair and just do it....:cool:
Since you put it that way,.........you make it sound like you're buying it for me.
Are you? lol :D

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
issues for me is the Charger didn't get a manual option (small issue) and not sure I want a payment.

I didn't hear anything about those issue mentioned. Just the supercharger issue.
What have you heard/read?
Noticed it's from early 15' so some of the issues might have been fixed. The one guy who was told to pound sand on the tons of paint issues on his car, pissed me off.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellcat-known-issues.2502/

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Sirhc7897

Established Member
IMO the supercharger issue is greatly overblown. I think a lot of these guys have never had a FI car before and a very small handful of cars with a legitimate issue have created "panic in the streets".

Mine makes a little noise but so did the Gen 2 TVS on my Shelby.

I've seen a couple go mango's with no stripes and I personally think if you're going to go that color you need the stripes to break it up. I'd also opt for the black wheels over the BM on that color.

I prefer the 16 wheels over the 17's but they're a PITA to clean.

7f2a38d3e71a058e0d8c890d18edda39.jpg

I readily admit to being color bias though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I think all those issues have been addressed. I haven't seen or heard of any more of those issues.
The one that makes me nervous and bothers me is the supercharger issue.
I haven't dug too deep into it, when I do start to research a lot it has a habit of becoming a purchase.

The supercharger is the least of my concerns, but I think having a supercharged car with a similar issue is why I don't see it as a big problem, lol.

snakedoctor

Established Member
IMO the supercharger issue is greatly overblown. I think a lot of these guys have never had a FI car before and a very small handful of cars with a legitimate issue have created "panic in the streets".

Mine makes a little noise but so did the Gen 2 TVS on my Shelby.

I've seen a couple go mango's with no stripes and I personally think if you're going to go that color you need the stripes to break it up. I'd also opt for the black wheels over the BM on that color.

I prefer the 16 wheels over the 17's but they're a PITA to clean.

7f2a38d3e71a058e0d8c890d18edda39.jpg

I readily admit to being color bias though.

I want the go mango with the blacked out hood.

Troponin

Established Member
Put the transmission in track mode and forget about a MT. The A8 in track mode is a beast.

The supply of 16 HC Challengers is insane. Even the small dealerships have several on their lot, which is why you can shop around and get good deals. The Charger is a little more tricky because there are far less to choose from. I got 4000 off MSRP on mine, but I could have gotten 8 to 10,000 off a challenger. I needed a four-door with more room though.

Troponin

Established Member
Oh, and the supercharger issues are overblown. The forums just happen to get a collection of people complaining about it, but when you figure how many people are members and how many people are complaining, it's still only a fraction

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
What issue? I thought the IHI blower was stout, or is it just the 6.2L that's stout?

There are owners panicking about the noise the supercharger is making. I have not read of any OEM superchargers failing from this extra noise.

Mine started getting somewhat noisy so I have been taking a video about every 2-4 weeks to document if it gets worse. Some say it sounds similar to a bad power steering pump.

This is one of the video's I took showing the noise the supercharger is making. So far it has not got worse and I still have 4 years on the warranty, so I am not too worried.

nxhappy

Established Member
There are owners panicking about the noise the supercharger is making. I have not read of any OEM superchargers failing from this extra noise.

Mine started getting somewhat noisy so I have been taking a video about every 2-4 weeks to document if it gets worse. Some say it sounds similar to a bad power steering pump.

This is one of the video's I took showing the noise the supercharger is making. So far it has not got worse and I still have 4 years on the warranty, so I am not too worried.

everything sounds fine to me ? lol

El_Joker

Established Member

Mine was a little louder than yours when I had my dealer check. They ended up replacing it. Mine had been showing about 2# less boost.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Mine was a little louder than yours when I had my dealer check. They ended up replacing it. Mine had been showing about 2# less boost.

When mine starts showing a boost loss I'll worry. I'm still pegging 11+ on the interceptor gauge so not the least bit worried about sounds unless the thing starts sounding like a bunch or marbles getting rolled around in a coffee can.

Never_Enough

Established Member
New for $55k? Then used must be in the $40s now. Only a matter of time before they dip even more.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would consider that a problem, wouldn't you? You're down 2lbs. in boost with a new supercharger. That doesn't bother you? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious.

****As for the others that say it isn't a problem,...tell the guys on the Hellcat forum that. Some of them are getting a third supercharger. Obviously it's an issue if SRT is saying to replace the supercharger, no?? I don't think that SRT would be just throwing superchargers on the cars for no reason. At least, I'd like to think not.
Don't forget, not all Hellcat owners are on the forums or know about the supercharger issues. So who knows how many are out there doing damage to their supercharger day to day.

***IHI is working on a fix. Hopefully it's a quick one. I'd like to order a Hellcat Challenger. (Yes I said "order", unless I find EXACTLY what I am looking for.) GoMango Orange, black carbon fiber stripes, A8, black leather/suede seating, upgraded stereo system and brass monkey wheels.
NASSTTYY!!!!! \m/

Users who are viewing this thread