Dealer keeping GT500 as personal vehicle

Lemers

Established Member
So I found a GT500 in stock at a dealer within an hour of we're I live. When I called about it I was told that that owner had it in Florida and was using it as his personal vehicle. He even turned down $10k over MSRP for it.

So I ask myself, "why would he just do the sale paperwork and take it out of stock on the Internet?".

Could it be that he doesn't want to register the car and pay taxes? If he did he wouldn't be able to sell it as new later, either.

What a fraud.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Most dealers I know, never register their vehicles. They drive them for a year or so, with dealer plates, and thn sell them as a demo with full warranty.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Doesn't need to do sale paperwork. Just needs to mark the car as "sold" or "unavailable" in his dealer management system so it stops coming over.

Alot of dealers keep these kind of cars for themselves. I would have kept one for myself too

IA Shelby

Established Member
Doesn't need to do sale paperwork. Just needs to mark the car as "sold" or "unavailable" in his dealer management system so it stops coming over.

Alot of dealers keep these kind of cars for themselves. I would have kept one for myself too

There are plenty of dealers that will sell for msrp and you have the car shipped in an enclosed trailer for a fraction of the adm you offered.

Good luck.

drmustang

Banned
So I found a GT500 in stock at a dealer within an hour of we're I live. When I called about it I was told that that owner had it in Florida and was using it as his personal vehicle. He even turned down $10k over MSRP for it.

So I ask myself, "why would he just do the sale paperwork and take it out of stock on the Internet?".

Could it be that he doesn't want to register the car and pay taxes? If he did he wouldn't be able to sell it as new later, either.

What a fraud.

"He even turned down $10,000.00 over sticker" Simply amazing stuff. I guess there might be someone out there dumb enough to believe that. What is it with these car dealers, do they really think everyone they come in contact with is an idiot or can they just not do business without lying?

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Had a dealer here in Newport News, Va tell me that I won't find a GT 500 for MSRP. That they are all going for $10k over and he has people come in all the time and tell him that crap. He told me to bring him an invoice to prove it. And if it was true, give him the dealerships name and he would buy everyone they have for his dealership. Lol. Bunch of blood sucking vampires.

drmustang

Banned
Had a dealer here in Newport News, Va tell me that I won't find a GT 500 for MSRP. That they are all going for $10k over and he has people come in all the time and tell him that crap. He told me to bring him an invoice to prove it. And if it was true, give him the dealerships name and he would buy everyone they have for his dealership. Lol. Bunch of blood sucking vampires.
"Bring him an invoice to prove it", how obnoxious is that.
This is how Ford's retailers are treating customers willing to spend 60 or 70 grand. Why do these monkeys have to act this way and alienate so many potential customers. Ford develops a great product like the GT500 and then puts it in the hands of arrogant morons like this. No wonder so many of us despise the mere thought of dealing with car salesman. I always feel like I need a good shower when I walk out of one of those places.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread