Dealer markups have gone full insano

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
remember that FORD dealers have done and still do the same crap when it comes to a car they think is "desirable"

Coming from a guy advertising a 15 model year old vehicle with an accident on the history report at market + value....

giphy.gif

ZFsoKxm.gif

Last edited:

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
2 GRAND FOR CILAJET?! We sold that for $795

And it was like 7 products ago. Good Lord.

We never once sold a Hellcat (when they first came out) or Trackhawk above sticker. No sense in it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At anything near $72k.....the damned thing better be a Land Cruiser
This!!

$72K for pretty much a paint color option is stupidity. Hopefully nobody will be foolish enough to chomp down on the hook and get reeled in.

That paint looks similar to the '19 Ford Edge ST Ford Performance Blue.
maxresdefault.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Coming from a guy advertising a 15 model year old vehicle with an accident on the history report at market + value....
it is still worth more than what the blue book says and until you got me that report I had no idea about the accident. but even with that I should be able to get close to what I am asking. there is a big difference between a collector car and a new car that dealers put an ADM on a car based on what they think the demand is going to be

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
This!!

$72K for pretty much a paint color option is stupidity. Hopefully nobody will be foolish enough to chomp down on the hook and get reeled in.

That paint looks similar to the '19 Ford Edge ST Ford Performance Blue.

The Edge ST is a good looking vehicle especially if you can get one close to sticker. Real world performance didn't seem great for the hp/trq but I guess that is negligible.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
it is still worth more than what the blue book says and until you got me that report I had no idea about the accident. but even with that I should be able to get close to what I am asking. there is a big difference between a collector car and a new car that dealers put an ADM on a car based on what they think the demand is going to be

Dave.. lol C'mon man.

MSRP= Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

They set those based on the market. That's why option for option, all manufacturers are priced very competitively.

I'm not saying it isn't worth more than Blue Book...because it probably is.

The difference between a collector car, and your car, is 1 accident.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Dave.. lol C'mon man.

They set those based on the market. That's why option for option, all manufacturers are priced very competitively.

a9TpuJR.gif

Im sorry for $72,000 Id rather get a Raptor and know it was built to handle off road abuse.

Smm7PT

Established Member

So true. Not that I’ll make any friends here with this comment, but I wouldn’t pay more than 15k for a car without Bluetooth capability, unless it’s from the true muscle car era of 60s and very early 70s.

At the end of the day market value only means so much, it really depends on what a consumer wants to pay, which is why gen1 raptors with 60k miles sit on dealer lots for 9-10 months in Ohio. As no sane person in my state is paying MSRP for 4+ year old vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
whatever ... I still think I will get close ... aim for the stars and drag your feet in the tree tops rather than aim for the tree tops and drag your feet in the mud ... LOL

Dave.. lol C'mon man.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
whatever ... I still think I will get close ... aim for the stars and drag your feet in the tree tops rather than aim for the tree tops and drag your feet in the mud ... LOL

That's what the dealer is doing in the OP too. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread