Dealer says their area rep leads them to believe there will be a '23 GT500

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
My dealer emailed me Friday and said they don't think my order will be accepted for the '22 MY. So then I asked for my substantial deposit back and the salesman said they would pull the order from the system altogether if they sent it back and that it would go to bottom priority if they end up making a '23 model.

I don't think there's much chance at all there will be a '23 GT500, way too many moving parts to execute an additional MY in less than a 12-month period of time. Two different posters on here who are highly credible so no way there's a '23, I believe them and feel the salesman is giving me a line of BS. Thoughts?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
'23 s550 gt500 along side a completely remodeled s650 mustang?

Ive got beach front property for you in Afghanistan if you're interested.

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
'23 s550 gt500 along side a completely remodeled s650 mustang?

Ive got beach front property for you in Afghanistan if you're interested.
s550 & s650 would never be produced side by side.
‘23 s550 production starts mid November, the s650 is scheduled to debut as ‘24 model which would likely start production Nov ’23. The question of a ‘23 GT500 is unlikely based on several factors that many have discussed & no one has confirmed (reliably) otherwise.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There's no program in place for dealer participation towards a '23 GT500 allocation(s). The 2020 MY program was for that year only and 2021/2022 was combined with a single fee.

Predator engine production will be geared towards the '23 Raptor (so optioned) only from what I understand.

2022 GT500 is already constrained enough such that original production targets have likely been adjusted due to chip shortages, etc.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
No 2023s.
my dealer has mine and another customer's GT500 waiting to be approved by Ford. He said it'll most likely be a 23 model as well. If what he said is false, then I will be shopping for a different brand all together.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
my dealer has mine and another customer's GT500 waiting to be approved by Ford. He said it'll most likely be a 23 model as well. If what he said is false, then I will be shopping for a different brand all together.
I’m going with a C8. My GT350R is awesome, but it is a bit brutal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I don't think your dealer knows what he is talking about. Assuming you're talking to a salesman.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was going to reiterate that point just as Nick did. In order for there to be an allocation there has to be a program in place and the dealer has to participate. There is no '23 GT500 program in place.

Here were the previous enrollment programs...

Shelby Enrollment.JPEG

89234.jpeg

So go ahead and ask your dealer for a copy of the enrollment program for a "2023 GT500." It doesn't exist. A dealer leading you to believe otherwise at this point is rather insulting.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pull the order?
I’d get the deposit back once they close the ‘22 production if your order isn’t allocated.
If they really would do a ‘23MY program an honorable dealer would give you their ‘23 allocation.
I hope you get the ‘22 order man.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread