Death of ICE

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
As some of you know from reading the Interesting Car/Truck Manufacturer News thread, the drumbeat of EV news is overwhelming. Despite all the issues with ramping up EV production to the level needed to replace ICE sales, it is apparent to me that you will not be given a choice. The ICE no sale end dates keep being moved forward and the manufacturers have had to respond or die. If Tesla gets its rebates back, the other manufacturers will have no choice but to accelerate EV sales as fast as possible.

Interesting Car/Truck Manufacturer News | SVTPerformance.com

Investors strap in for electric vehicle sector disruption
  • The electric vehicle sector is likely to see more ups and down as President Biden's $2.3T infrastructure plan works its way through Congress.
  • Wedbush Securities thinks there are two key components of the Biden plan for investors to focus on.
  • First, analyst Dan Ives says to expect an expansion of the tax credits currently valued at $7.5K for EV vehicles to the $10K range or potentially higher in a tiered system. "Other point-of-sale rebates could also be put into this wide ranging infrastructure bill to catalyze consumers to head down the EV path," he notes. The Wedbush team also anticipates a lifting of the 200K-per manufacturer ceiling on the credits being phased out which will restore the EV tax credits for stalwarts like Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) and General Motors (NYSE:GM).
  • "Another linchpin of these EV initiatives will be centered around massive expansion of charging stations around the US over the next decade. Today there are roughly 100k public charging ports with another 400k needed over the next decade to support this groundswell EV green tidal wave for consumers/trucking with the goal of 500k by 2030 (bullish for ChargePoint, Blink, among others) and $15 billion of the Biden plan dedicated to this key endeavor. In addition, the Biden plan includes electrifying 20% of the yellow school bus fleet among other areas of EV expansion/investment."
  • Congressional adoption of all or parts of the plan could provide a tailwind for electric vehicle companies like Fisker (NYSE:FSR), Lucid Motors (LUCIDM)-Churchill Capital Corp IV (NYSE:CCIV), Lordstown Motors (NASDAQ:RIDE), GreenPower Motor Company (NASDAQ:GP), Arrival (NASDAQ:ARVL), Blink Charging (NASDAQ:BLNK), Canoo (NASDAQ:GOEV), ChargePoint Holdings (NYSE:CHPT), QuantumScape (NYSE:QS), ArcLight Clean Transition (NASDAQ:ACTC), Beam Global (NASDAQ:BEEM), Blue Bird Corporation (NASDAQ:BLBD), Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG), XL Fleet (NYSE:XL), Electrameccanica (NASDAQ:SOLO) and Hyliion Holdings (NYSE:HYLN). Down the road, Wedbush forecasts the EV market represents a $5T total addressable market over the next decade with many EV OEMs/supply chain players poised to be major winners.
  • Earlier this month: ChargePoint, QuantumScape lead big gains in EV sector on Green Tidal Wave hopes.
  • Stock picking: See which EV small cap is at the top of Investor Trip's list.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I personally don't see how they will overcome the nickel and cobalt metal shortage issues, but that won't stop the left from ****ing things up. Getting people out of cars is another key plank in the green movement.

My guess for the time they would be able raise prices and those in lower income would not be able to afford it. Supply and demand.

Kinda of similar to the lower income riding in junk cars with no current registration or insurance.

blk02edge

Established Member
EV = fantasy over reality. Reminds me of the quote, "not in this lifetime". And more than likely, not in the next..
Heh? You don't believe EV is coming in and removing ICE within this lifetime?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Heh? You don't believe EV is coming in and removing ICE within this lifetime?
Not without massive government subsidies no.
The infrastructure is not there.
Like wind energy, it's not profitable without dumping tons of taxpayer money at.
It's to me, like a feel good thing for tree huggers that doesn't add up. Of course if you dump enough money at it, it make people feel good I suppose.
What about reality? How much actual diesel fuel does it take daily to fuel trains & trucks?
They are the transportation lifeline for the country.
When reality sets in, fossil fuels win IMO.
Another thing to ponder. Take a look at the decisions politicians are making that like the "green thing".
It's like various forms of gun control. The folks that know the LEAST about the subject, call the shots?
So now they're the experts on energy & transportation?
That's why I see a big gap from fantasy as opposed to reality.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Like wind energy, it's not profitable without dumping tons of taxpayer money at.
It's to me, like a feel good thing for tree huggers that doesn't add up. Of course if you dump enough money at it, it make people feel good I suppose.
What about reality? How much actual diesel fuel does it take daily to fuel trains & trucks?
Another thing to ponder. Take a look at the decisions politicians are making that like the "green thing".
It's like various forms of gun control. The folks that know the LEAST about the subject, call the shots?

They will use the Norway model and between mandates and subsidies make ICE go away. The fact that the greenies will **** things up and screw the poor over will have no bearing on their green mandates one iota.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
They will use the Norway model and between mandates and subsidies make ICE go away. The fact that the greenies will **** things up and screw the poor over will have no bearing on their green mandates one iota.
Possibly. And another reason I'm not nearly as much of a proud American as I used to be.
The reasons to be proud are being trashed by the day. And we've just begun this "reset" administration.

blk02edge

Established Member
I totally agree that EV is a fools errand but it's 100% coming and coming strong. I've said it a thousand times, don't underestimate the left and their thirst for power and control.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Nearly half of the nations electricity is generated by natural gas. You know, those scary drilling rigs!
20-25% more comes from coal. Damn ole coal mines!
That's 3/4 of total current electricity being used is made by, wait for it. Fossil ****ing fuels.
These people just don't have a clue.
I also challenge any one of them to itemize EVERY SINGLE OBJECT in their home that is a petroleum derivative product. EVERYTHING.
Then, simply take all those items & toss them in the front yard. Now, walk back in the house & see what's left...
That will show the difference between reality & foolish fantasy.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Nearly half of the nations electricity is generated by natural gas. You know, those scary drilling rigs!
20-25% more comes from coal. Damn ole coal mines!
That's 3/4 of total current electricity being used is made by, wait for it. Fossil ****ing fuels.
These people just don't have a clue.
I also challenge any one of them to itemize EVERY SINGLE OBJECT in their home that is a petroleum derivative product. EVERYTHING.
Then, simply take all those items & toss them in the front yard. Now, walk back in the house & see what's left...
That will show the difference between reality & foolish fantasy.

Oh and you know those stupid phones you look at 3/4th of the day on also toss them out. And I agree these touchy feely types have no clue between reality and what they want the world to be.

q6543

Established Member
How about this.. it's not just about eliminating I.C.E. it's about less cars on the road period.

Autonomous rideshare. People will own a car like a subscription service. You'll pay your 599$ a month or 999$ a month and it will take you to approved destinations.

I believe this is closer to the target model. We'll actually not OWN a damn thing but pay for use like a bill i.e. phone/tv/cable/auto.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I need to put together a story on my electric vehicle theories.
That it's one big government money grab to get people to buy into something they don't need, that doesn't make a bit of difference whatsoever in terms of helping the climate?

All about creating a market out of thin air to take more of your money.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
That it's one big government money grab to get people to buy into something they don't need, that doesn't make a bit of difference whatsoever in terms of helping the climate?

Simple solution: don't buy it

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
How about this.. it's not just about eliminating I.C.E. it's about less cars on the road period.

Autonomous rideshare. People will own a car like a subscription service. You'll pay your 599$ a month or 999$ a month and it will take you to approved destinations.

I believe this is closer to the target model. We'll actually not OWN a damn thing but pay for use like a bill i.e. phone/tv/cable/auto.
You think you own the land your house is on? Stop paying the taxes on it and see what happens

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Carbon tax, on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread