Deep Black Detail!

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Spent 4 hours on my 1999 Vert SVT this weekend...
Here are the results.

powercloudsch9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a cell phone tower reflected in the hood...
towerhoodfg4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Wash / Dry......
Claybarred.....
Polished Using BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish.(Porter Cable 7424)
Applied BlackFire Wet Diamond Protectant (Love that 180 - 270 day endurance rating!) to all painted surfaces and chrome.
(Using Porter Cable 7424)
Applied BlackFire OneStep Plastic Cleaner, Polish, Glaze to trim
Applied Meguiars Hot Shine (Aerosol) to tires
Applied 2 coats of Pinnacle Souveran Wax (Literally by hand...no foam or microfiber applicators)
and Viola!!

Last edited:

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
.In regards to the above question.......
Minor Water Spots (Surface) so the Porter Cable and a Non-Abrasive Polish; in this case the BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish worked fine; but had there been deeper water spots, I would have needed to step up to a more aggressive polish like Menzerna Final Polish II or even Menzerna Intensive Polish with an Orange Lake Country Pad....possibly even as far as moving to a High-Speed Circular Buffer (As a last resort).

Last edited:

SSeatr

Established Member
yea blacks a pain in the ass...i used meguiars tech wax
product_G12711.jpg

it came out pretty good but i def. need to strip the wax and clay bar, polish, and polish, and polish, and then wax by hand

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
You have a nice looking car too Sseater!
In regards to stripping the wax...claying and polishing should take care of that! Just for Jollys, you could always thrown in a synthetic Protectant right before the Carnuba coat..LOL....that's what I did in the pics I posted above! Just too much fun applying a good carnuba using only your fingertips....yes...I know.....I need help....HA!!

todd abbott

Established Member
Looks good:rockon: , on black my favorite combo for a quick job, Klasse all in one and Pinnicle Wax, by hand great results, with porter cable awesome, add a claybar job and a very mild polish before and Klasse glaze after and the paint looks six inches thick. T

Users who are viewing this thread