Established Member
If I go to delete my EGR,

a) will the car throw a code?
b) will the car even idle?

Thanks.

02silverstang

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i deleted mine on my 4v swap gt dint notice no diference i bought a delete kit covers the egr spot and has a threaded cap to cover the exaust ..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I would LUV some Pros to weigh in on this matter, I wanna remove my EGR too, is it OK?
Will I see benefits in heat soaked Florida keeping that heat out of the upper plenum?
But I've heard some say the exhaust gas is good for the combustion chamber?
And 02silverstang do you have a link for that Delete Kit?

Last edited:

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
You'll never get a strait answer on this subject man. It's been discussed on here MANY times and nobody can seem to agree on anything. So I say do a search and just make a judgment call and stick with it. I plan on it after I get a PSR from Naz along with a catch can.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Removing the EGR offers no performance advantages. It does however clean up the engine bay. It can also help keep the inside of the intake a little cleaner...but that is just a cosmetic thing also.

2 cam sam

Established Member
I deleted it on my 96 Gt and used the tube from the header for a vacuum line to the valve cover.. The top end of the roots supecharger ran a lot cooler without the egr hooked up.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
The reason I am deleting it is because the long tube headers I have won't allow my current EGR tube to line up right so we did a funky work around and it is now leaking. So I just want to be rid of it completely. Not looking for performance gains, I just want to breath fresh air inside the car :)

Users who are viewing this thread