Demon 170

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Since I’m lazy, isn’t this priced just over what a regular Demon was?

I could’ve sworn they were low 90s when they released a few years ago.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Since I’m lazy, isn’t this priced just over what a regular Demon was?

I could’ve sworn they were low 90s when they released a few years ago.
Correct. I contacted another dealer I know he’s out of allocation but said he did a 25k adm. sold out. That’s starting to peak my interest. I’ve just never spent adm although I’ve spent a lot more in mods, resto modding, and racing than what the car was worth. Atlas I probably should stick with my plan of saving more still for a MasterCraft X22. Less clout but more smiles and better chance of a tan.

Last edited:

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Holy crap! I was just going to post a comment in the Black Ghost thread that Dodge should do a 1,000whp "last edition" instead. I didn't post it, and here I run into a thread that announces the Demon 170 that is the ULTIMATE Challenger Demon. Wow! This one is amazing! And it's slightly less money than the Black Ghost based on what we're hearing. 0-60 is 1.66 seconds! Quarter mile in 8.9 @ 151. And they're going to make around 3,000 of them.

I found out the '170' comes from the required 170-proof ethanol E-85 fuel required to make 1,025 hp.
The 170 is also a reference to the c170 crate engine that this demon has in it. This is a new Hellephant varient released back in January.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 170 is also a reference to the c170 crate engine that this demon has in it. This is a new Hellephant varient released back in January.
My point was where the '170' designation came from. That C170 crate engine is named as such because of the E85/170 proof fuel required to get the advertised HP. (y)

sc4.6

Established Member
My point was where the '170' designation came from. That C170 crate engine is named as such because of the E85/170 proof fuel required to get the advertised HP. (y)

While you are correct that 170 stands for 170 proof fuel (E85), the info Dodge released states that the car will make the full 1025 hp with any ethanol blend from E65 and up, good news for those running pump E85 as it is often under 85% ethanol.

shelbymopar89

Established Member
This is an interesting way they are trying to combat the ADM. that discussion starts at 9:25 if you don’t want to hear the rest.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So bad ass!!
Dodge going out with a bang and out on top in straight line performance from the Big 3. (y)(y)

Recon

Established Member
It’ll be a beast for sure, going out with a bang. My only complaint, and it’s not really one, is I wish it was a 7.0L like the hellephant. Still a monster regardless what the displacement is.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

LS WUT

Established Member
Really awesome and sad at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I feel that on a spiritual level. I’m a car enthusiast at heard, I do admit my loyalty is mustangs because it’s what I grew up around. However Dodge has truly impressed me with their cars, and advertising. Flying this car in on a black hawk chopper? **** yes

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
This is an interesting way they are trying to combat the ADM. that discussion starts at 9:25 if you don’t want to hear the rest.
So zero cars being made or everyone just lies to dodge and tells them no adm? Can’t wait to buy cars on a website like buying everything else. The dealers days are numbered.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Boat prices are crazy. Good luck.
Thanks ;) Guess if I’m getting something / saving I’m doing the Gucci water vessel of the surf/wake industry. But not a top tier one lol…. I don’t got 400 some thousand on a recreational speed boat.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Can't wait for the Jay Leno review. "It's got a parachute. A parachute! You know back when I was a kid they released the 426 Hemi and it only came with a 30 day warranty."
All I need is 29 days… I’ll test the warranty claim ;)

blk02edge

Established Member
I feel that on a spiritual level. I’m a car enthusiast at heard, I do admit my loyalty is mustangs because it’s what I grew up around. However Dodge has truly impressed me with their cars, and advertising. Flying this car in on a black hawk chopper? **** yes
A black hawk....?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Of course...... but it will still go high 9's on 93 octane. 900 hp is about 820 to the wheels. With how this is set-up a 9 second pass should be easy on 93.

But yea I agree 9.3-9.40 for most ppl on corn. Im sure Dodge went to like Atco or the like to get them numbers plus the front seat is removed with a rear seat delete but thats pretty common even for Redeye owners going fast at the track.

Power wise this is no different than the original Demon except for the 3.0 blower and the 105mm TB. The motor itself doesnt make anymore power its the same CI's as the original Demon with better parts.

Anyone can get a Flex tune for their Hellcat or original Demon now so the ability to run corn is nothing new. But just think when ppl start porting these blower and putting cam, headers, pulleys and Thitek heads with tune and they will be making 1200 hp easily.

Is this going to be like the original Demon and they publish one hero run that nobody can every reproduce stock to get clicks and press? Don't get me wrong I give Dodge props for making the thing, but I have a feeling not many people will be able to reproduce those times. Still, it should be a solid low/mid 9 second car that can run that time repeatedly, so that is truly impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread