Demon Beats 1000bhp Camaro, GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Has a new ZR1 been 9s yet stock other than “drag prep”?

I don’t think the new gt500 will get there in your scenario... she gon be heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2 second search, I’m guessing it has or will on stock tires in a mineshaft. Slicks I’m sure it will. Dr’s have em 10.2 easy enough at quite a few places.

I think it has gone 9’s but I do know that no one has replicated dodges 9.65@140 yet, so I’m not worried about my scenario ever happening. The day I see someone take a stock demon 9.65@140, I’ll say it took 3 years but nice. Having seen stock demons run 10 second cars and lose at the strip, I’ll say it’s a 10 second car. 10 second cars can dip 9’s on perfect conditions but I’m not writing home about it. 11 second cars dip 10’s but you don’t take them to your local Mexico and run with 10.5 and faster Street builds on slicks.

I’ve seen 9.8@138 though but it was not 100% stock, had minor adjustments (freshly washed with a nano coat, tires had less tread so that’s a 4lbs weight reduction, driver was modified with salad and water diet to be lighter than dodges driver, didn’t have the safety equipment in it that weighed down the dodge teams car, had less leaves and debris in the engine bay, and was playing a different song on the radio). Should have gone [email protected] with all those mods.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
For the record, real world:

I think the 2020 gt500:

•10.9-11.5 @ 127-133 in average to bad conditions.
•10.5-10.8 in good conditions at 133-135.
•10.2-10.5 in amazing to excellent conditions

Hero run once in 3 years conditions on a demon style drag prep or no seats, race fuel tune and slicks/skinnies

•9.8@139

PIPO

Established Member
Big real dr, skinnies, no interior seating other than driver, race gas. Looks an awful like the oem stock cobra jet....

What will it do with full int, normal front wheels, and 93 oct?

You didn’t watch the video. It has full interior.

PIPO

Established Member
Weight reduction + skinnys + race gas + horse jockey for a driver = 9.65(?)

Don’t forget the ridiculous DA found on just a few locations across the USA during the winter only lol. But yeah, it happened and will happen again...actually tomorrow in TX.

PIPO

Established Member
Almost forgot, the special prep if you want to do it with the stock Nitto’s. Mass traction was the company that did it for dodge and the ones being used today and tomorrow at the private in TX.

LostM

Established Member
at what point in time, did we start caring what it does bone stock? i get it, the demon had an additional package that can get you 9s ona perfect day. but am i wrong for saying, let the demon boi's talk? we all know pulley toon fuel and radials the 500 is gonna wreck 99% of them. and any they dont, would be more aftermarket anyway, throwing any stock comparisons out the window. I for one only see what "stock" is, as a starting point to see what stock motor and components can handle.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re delusional if you think Ford would care. They’re busy building Le Mans winners, the cobra jet owns the strip, and the 10a mustang gt runs 11’s for $35k.

I know this is painful for you, but the demon runs 9’s stock isn’t some mythic accomplishment. They track prep it factory.

A c6 z can almost run 9’s on slicks and skinnies in a mineshaft.

I know this is painful for you but once you’ve been in and around 9 second cars that don’t need a mineshaft and a perfect night, a 9 second pass by a 10 second car isn’t very impressive be it stock or not.

Same conditions the demon went 9’s: •3rd gen stock camaro went 12.8
•03 cobra stock went 12.43
•c6 z06 stock went 10.8@128
•Trinity stock went 11.2 (fuzzy, iirc)

So a demon went 9.65@140 there and 9.8@138 in private hands there a year later, and almost everywhere else, they go 10’s and 11’s. Worship it until your soul bleeds out green blood for all I care.

Also, you quoted magazine times by average drives. Lol, that’s a fail. Those same drivers ran 11’s with demons at that fall press release no one seems to talk about. How do you screw up taking an Auto car on drag radials in a straight line laugh my ****ing ass off at that. Those are similar conditions as when the last gt500 went 11.6@125 in motortrend hands. Hot, day time, no mineshaft.

Back to the gt vs c7r, the gt won le man easily in 16. 17, weight ballasts were mandated and turbo pressure was reduced to “even” the field. No, those aren’t performance mods.

I understand that you guys read the Internet often, do you read into the details of what you read or just catch a buzzfeed headline and go jack off on a keyboard to it?

I can see your head is about to pop with anger. My feels go out to you, breda!

Get well soon!

Joe Buchanan

Established Member
I don’t give a hoot what a car runs stock. Who leaves their car stock? Sure it is great that the big 3 make fast cars for us...but I could care less what anything runs stock. All I care about is what MY car runs with ME driving it.
So how do we put a Griggs torque arm on it?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Both the GT500 and the Challenger Hellcat/Redeye/Demon are aimed at the same customer who have a choice between owning a big stoplight bully or one that's a little more track oriented pick your poison! Both are phenomenal cars compared to what came before but neither will be perfect. Dodge is stuck with the Chrysler 300 platform for the foundation of the Challenger making the car a "behemoth" in both size a weight while the other is saddled with small bore centers (and a linerless block) which limits Ford to a small displacement V8, both will likely be within a few 100 lbs of one another being over 2 tons each!

If I had to chose between a GT500 and a Demon that would be a tough call. The GT500 will likely be more of a "drivers car" where the Challenger will be a little more "mod happy" brute as I would not lay a finger on a 5.2 already pushing close to the limit right out of the factory something tells me we won't be seeing too many GT500's packing 25 lbs of boost. Where the Challenger starts out of the hole with up to almost a 2 liter advantage with a much bigger block to play with and will readily accept oversize pistons. What hurts me with the Dodge is all the bulk and wheelbase that comes with it plus I feel like I'm stepping into a "cocoon" every time I get into one and the visibility sucks! The Challenger is a very handsome car and a bit more modest than the "in your face" aggressive appearance presented to anyone with a rearview mirror full of GT500. The S550 is a great looking car Ford as done a good job with it. With the GT500 I think they should paint the bumper cover breaking-up that carnivorous grill and make the rear wing a little more subtle. Things will be a lot more interesting now that the Camaro and Challenger have a new adversary to contend with, nothing better than watching car brands duking it out.

The DCT is a better transmission from a performance perspective but I'm a "stick & pedal" guy which is a bit more engaging than toggling a steering wheel lever. I prefer "simplicity" which makes the car easier to work on which neither of these cars posses and would be more then happy with a T56 Magnum. My understanding is that Ford is grappling which direction with regard to transmission choices to go with but something tells me the DCT is what ends-up going in the car. Offering a manual as an option on such a low volume car (my guess 5K units a year) may be more expensive then it's worth.

Finally, Ford releases the GT500 but they are doing it on the eve of sun setting the S550 platform how long are we going to wait for the next one after 2021? With the "electrification" of the S650 what role will that play in the case of the Shelby? As I have posed this question before, I'm curious how Ford is going to handle having a V8 in a car built with hybrid drive in mind even in a garden variety GT. The most sensible thing would be to omit the electric drive system entirely what's the point of lugging around the mass of a V8 that swaps duty with the motors when you stomp on the pedal then using it to charge the batteries? It will be very interesting what's in store for the Mustang but something tells me the days of the V8 especially at Ford are numbered.

I wonder when the pre-production cars start getting into the hands of the automotive press and how they react to it.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Watched this video last night.
Pretty interesting.

PIPO

Established Member
Don’t forget the ridiculous DA found on just a few locations across the USA during the winter only lol. But yeah, it happened and will happen again...actually tomorrow in TX.

Attachments

• 3D90A1AD-8CA6-4B3F-A967-34254A9C7D3C.jpeg
    3D90A1AD-8CA6-4B3F-A967-34254A9C7D3C.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 194

Users who are viewing this thread