Demon Beats 1000bhp Camaro, GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I can see your head is about to pop with anger. My feels go out to you, breda!

Get well soon!

Oh jeez, I’m really sorry I led you to feel bad for me. That wasn’t anger or even frustration. I’m ok. I’m whole and happy. Thank you I really appreciate the feelz, emphathy and love. Here, I offer you a big internet hug to for being so caring and thoughtful.

I was just explaining how the real world works. Thank you for the affection and concern but I’m ok. You should look up the real world and then consider how much praise the demon warrants.

Don’t hate the player though, dodge did awesome. The game is internet numbers. Hit those and all the Internet fanboys will swing on your nuts forever. I truly feel bad you have been manipulated by marketing teams, but fear not. You can choose to look for yourself how demons have done real world against cars they should easily “gap” as the vernacular goes.

Here, I’ll help.
EFEF7798-A3E3-4015-9ECD-D870DE44D374.gif

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Both the Demon and GT500 are amazing cars. Would love to own both. The part of the Demon people don't realize is how much different the car is with 100 Octane / Drag Mode running. 760-770bhp at the WHEELS with 100 Octane. That's more like 890 at the crank. With drag radials, and suspension set for dig runs, I don't see a GT500 beating a Demon in a straight line from a dig, and rolling runs will see the Demon walk away. It just has a lot more power when in 100 Octane mode and doesn't weigh much more.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Both the Demon and GT500 are amazing cars. Would love to own both. The part of the Demon people don't realize is how much different the car is with 100 Octane / Drag Mode running. 760-770bhp at the WHEELS with 100 Octane. That's more like 890 at the crank. With drag radials, and suspension set for dig runs, I don't see a GT500 beating a Demon in a straight line from a dig, and rolling runs will see the Demon walk away. It just has a lot more power when in 100 Octane mode and doesn't weigh much more.

Duh.
100 octane, purpose built drag car on drag radials will beat a 93 octane vehicle, with less power, on street tires?
Please, tell me more.

blk02edge

Established Member
Bhp means at the crank, bhp at the wheels isnt a thing

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Demons are quick, and deserve praise, but the scene I’m around wouldn’t bat an eye on a money race against a demon if a stock 2013 gt500 yanked seats, race or e85 tuned it and ran slicks. They line em up pretty bang on up here. I don’t think most scenes consider a demon stock. It’s prepped.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Damn tell me what else the demon can do running modified? It’s a good thing the new GT500 can not run race gas....

The demon is a good car, fast car. But for $80-90k I’d take a 13+ Viper all day over one. It is just a much better car!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I do like the demon in a very terminator kind of way. Every review I’ve seen for them leads me to believe they are very fun to drive/have a larger than life presence.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Damn tell me what else the demon can do running modified? It’s a good thing the new GT500 can not run race gas....

The demon is a good car, fast car. But for $80-90k I’d take a 13+ Viper all day over one. It is just a much better car!

I've owned 2 vipers. Great cars, but not very practical and very very uncomfortable. What's amazing about a Demon is how it rides like a luxury car, then you step on it and all hell breaks loose. I suggest you drive one. You'll see. And it just destroys a Viper going straight.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Wish dodge could pull a demon into the 8’s stock. For $100k it’s slow. My buddy billy bob run him 9.30’s wit dat b18 big valve single 66mm on some gumball 26x10.50’s 92 hatch Honda no interior n on 110 octane and he b like no more than $20g’s runnin him low 9 160mph. Shit move out, get all the girls wit dat two step watatatatatatatatata taaaaaauuh

shit sound so good I goin get me fixed up nice gutted car no seats on gumballs and 110 octane.

Kaneda I can see driving the demon around with the interior on pump gas and 315’s out back with a 315 non drag radial upfront and being very happy with it, but to me the idea of driving around in drag prep setup is a joke

I have the easy ability to do so, from a race tune to the sockets and wrenches (and fingers to unplug the dreadedly complicated seat electronics! Oh no!) I also have slicks and skinnies I can throw on.

If I’ve driven on the street once like that I can’t remember it.

When I go to the drag strip, ya.

On the street, or in street spec as in pump gas square tires, and interior, the demon is an excellent mid to low 10 car and should be embraced as such imo.

My car will run bottom 9’s/high 8’s race gas slicks no interior one perfect day in 5 years by demon standards. To me, my car is a 10 second street car and can run mid high 9’s at the strip comfortably. I like it for the excess not the finesse. I could go high to mid 9’s with 600whp in a 2750lbs gutted fox on Lakewood 90/10’s. Wasn’t what I wanted.

Last edited:

PIPO

Established Member
Wish dodge could pull a demon into the 8’s stock. For $100k it’s slow. My buddy billy bob run him 9.30’s wit dat b18 big valve single 66mm on some gumball 26x10.50’s 92 hatch Honda no interior n on 110 octane and he b like no more than $20g’s runnin him low 9 160mph. Shit move out, get all the girls wit dat two step watatatatatatatatata taaaaaauuh

shit sound so good I goin get me fixed up nice gutted car no seats on gumballs and 110 octane.

Kaneda I can see driving the demon around with the interior on pump gas and 315’s out back with a 315 non drag radial upfront and being very happy with it, but to me the idea of driving around in drag prep setup is a joke

I have the easy ability to do so, from a race tune to the sockets and wrenches (and fingers to unplug the dreadedly complicated seat electronics! Oh no!) I also have slicks and skinnies I can throw on.

If I’ve driven on the street once like that I can’t remember it.

When I go to the drag strip, ya.

On the street, or in street spec as in pump gas square tires, and interior, the demon is an excellent mid to low 10 car and should be embraced as such imo.

My car will run bottom 9’s/high 8’s race gas slicks no interior one perfect day in 5 years by demon standards. To me, my car is a 10 second street car and can run mid high 9’s at the strip comfortably. I like it for the excess not the finesse. I could go high to mid 9’s with 600whp in a 2750lbs gutted fox on Lakewood 90/10’s. Wasn’t what I wanted.

Haha! You’re a funny dude.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha! You’re a funny dude.

I actually like built Honda’s haha, I was half serious too...

I’d rather drive around in that proverbial $20k 9 second civic just to surprise and waste people than I would want to cruise around in a demon in full drag prep because if you lose in the civic, big whoop. You lose with a $100k rwd drag car though and then you just look awful.

Imagine losing to a bolt on sti from a dig in a demon on slicks skinnies and no interior at any intersection USA. That’s embarrassing. Losing in the civic is like oh well I’m fwd and spun.

blk02edge

Established Member

I’d rather drive around in that proverbial $20k 9 second civic just to surprise and waste people than I would want to cruise around in a demon in full drag prep because if you lose in the civic, big whoop. You lose with a $100k rwd drag car though and then you just look awful.

Imagine losing to a bolt on sti from a dig in a demon on slicks skinnies and no interior at any intersection USA. That’s embarrassing. Losing in the civic is like oh well I’m fwd and spun.
I had more actual fun cruising around in my buddies rusted 4dr ef with a big turbo b18c than most other cars lol. We would spend hours driving around baiting people to race and rarely lost with 4 of us in the car (stupid and fresh outta high school)

SlowSVT

Established Member
nothing better then watching a 4 cyl car take down big hardware!

The Hellphant crate engine stuffed into a garden variety Challenger is an attractive option. $20K for the mill, $4K for a T56 and $20-30K for a lightly used "striped down" V6 Challenger. Just think what you can do with the $50K still in your pocket over the price of a Demon.

If I recall correctly a new GT350 engine from Ford was close to $30K. Imagine what the GT500 engine will cost?

That crate engine from Chrysler is a great idea I would take that over anything an engine builder could offer which will probably cost $10K more and sold "as is" no warrantee!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
See, driving a beater in drag trim is cool in a hoonigan way, lose win whatever it’s a beater.

When you have the ultimate try hard car that has to be on drag radials to run 10’s, then has to be on slicks with skinnies and seats pulled and race has tune and costs $100k plus dealer markup all to most likely lose to a bolt on evo or stock gtr from a dig on most intersections in any town USA, it’s sad.

I’ve blown the tires off and lost races on the street in my try hard hoop tie turbo cobra and it hurts the ballsack and the ego quite a bit. If I shilled $100k and had that happen on slicks, I’d cry a little...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had more actual fun cruising around in my buddies rusted 4dr ef with a big turbo b18c than most other cars lol. We would spend hours driving around baiting people to race and rarely lost with 4 of us in the car (stupid and fresh outta high school)

I remember when I had bolt ons and nitrous on my cobra in 06/7, and ya it’s fun to smash stuff. My buddies and I would ride 4 deep in it, find vipers and z06’s, evos and sti’s with 8ft wide stickers, beat them by 2-3 cars + in a car with ~$3k of mods haha, great times.

I still try to find cars to run today, but I gap hellcats hard now so it’s not even all that fun. I need to buy some 3psi wastegate springs and run lower boost. I’m at 800whp on 10psi, and 3400lbs. I ran a bolt on hellcat up here from a 60 roll and smashed it. I hit 160+ in our little 1/2 mile roll, he hit almost 140. He even got the hit. We’re at 5000ft so his “7xx whp” was like 600 tops. I’m probably an honest 750-775whp. We didn’t run much correction on my pulls, also done mid summer. Sea level it might have 825-850 in it pump gas. I need to go e85 and have some fun with more boost. 110 is a hassle.

I want to buy/build detune my cobra down to 600whp so it’s fun/close again.

Then on the other hand, my shits too slow for he 2k crowd so I’m in that empty spot between bolts and fast shit.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Turbo Terminators are no joke! I rode in Juice46's and was the most frightening thing sitting in the passenger seat. It was somewhat soft leaving the line but once the impellor spooled the landscape in your peripheral vision just collapsed like getting sucked into a black hole! I'm like "dude you gatta tone this thing down it's too much!"

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Turbo Terminators are no joke! I rode in Juice46's and was the most frightening thing sitting in the passenger seat. It was somewhat soft leaving the line but once the impellor spooled the landscape in your peripheral vision just collapsed like getting sucked into a black hole! I'm like "dude you gatta tone this thing down it's too much!"

I’ve been in a 2000whp chevelle that was beyond way too much for the street. We hit 140 on a on ramp in a half assed no traction spin fest. From about 80 on the freeway we hit 160 about 3-4 seconds. That car had been 7’s@180 and was still being sorted out. I think he could hit 200 sorted.

You get into street outlaw power levels and it’s basically a whole new rodeo haha.

Gtr’s have been hitting 1500-2000+ awhp and stay pretty stable. Some guys are hitting 200+ in a quarter mile in “street cars” at ~3500lbs.

My short term goal is to hit 160 (burry the factory speedo) in the 1/4, long term I want to get a Canadian speedo and burry the 260km (converted for mph) at a place like the salt flats, but I need to make a couple bucks and convert the car to a 2500whp stretch nose/high speed race car to do that.

Funny thing is that a 700whp civic will hang with 1200+whp muscle cars.

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member

Its nice having a beater thats stupid fast to play on the streets, but at some point, I want to go back to comfort and style

And then with new motor, ecu, trans, bigger turbo on wastegate.
Currently makes 850hp, but out of fuel, making some changes as I type this and should hit 900 all day safely. In the right hands, it should go damn near 160 in the 1/4 on kill. Ive killed some 150mph+ vettes, and easily walked away from 145+ mustangs on the highway

As soon as it gets finished and puts some #s up, im selling it for the DP on the 500

Users who are viewing this thread