Demon on the Loose...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I think something that everyone is overlooking is, the guy who made the hero pass didn't do it his first time out. Nor did he do it on his 50th time out. These independent reviews of the car are really not even close to what the manufacturer did when it came to their test runs. I say this because the guy who made the hero run with the demon, while being interviewed, said he had at least 450 possibly 500 passes (IIRC) in that car at that track.

Now if you make 500 passes with the car and you still don't learn how to pull mid nines then just don't deserve the car. LoL

so if the average HC runs high 10's with just a DR, what do you think the average Demon is going to run? 11's? C'mon. It's a 9 second car. It may not run 9.6 @ 145 everytime, but it'll be a 9 second factory warranty car.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
so if the average HC runs high 10's with just a DR, what do you think the average Demon is going to run? 11's? C'mon. It's a 9 second car. It may not run 9.6 @ 145 everytime, but it'll be a 9 second factory warranty car.

I think you're misunderstanding. I agree with you. The problem is a lot of people are pointing to articles where vloggers and people from Motor Trend or whatever are trying to make passes with this car and aren't making the numbers FCA has advertised. I'm saying that I don't care what the independent review say, I know it's a nine and a half second car.

Regardless of what some people think, regardless of the car you're driving, drag racing is not a point-and-shoot application. It takes practice, just like anything else. The more you do it the better you'll get at it.

Here's an example, put a significantly experienced Door Slammer drag racer and a nitromethane dragster and see what happens the very first pass they make. I guarantee you won't be sub 5 Seconds, and that's if they survive.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Denial. Because Ford won't do it, nobody should be able to? I haven't even run in great weather yet. 60-70's so far. I'm scheduled to race this Sunday. 40-60's. Hoping to get this boat into a 10.7 with factory 20" rims and 555r DR and a K&N CAI. Stock everything else full weight car with my fat ass behind the wheel.
What do you think it'll run? I want to see a GT350R attack LS with 4 normal tread tires and a rear seat.

It’s not an option on the R. As a street legal vehicle with option to purchase we the public should understand what the vehicle can accomplish as an everyday vehicle.

Secondly Ford has never published times for the R on track tires like the drag radial on the Demon.

black99 annihilating ON D's argument... lol

No argument. I simply stated I wanted to see the numbers as a street vehicle not as a drag car. I know it’s Damn fast. Props to dodge. But I would not want to drive it in drag set up on the street no more than I want to drive the cobra jet on the street.

Agree.

I dont know why people find it hard to believe a car with 800+ horsepower, trans brake, automatic box, and traction wont crack a high 9?

Itll happen.
Traction being the key. What will it hit with standard width sticky cup 2?
10.0x or 9.9x?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It’s not an option on the R. As a street legal vehicle with option to purchase we the public should understand what the vehicle can accomplish as an everyday vehicle.

Secondly Ford has never published times for the R on track tires like the drag radial on the Demon.

No argument. I simply stated I wanted to see the numbers as a street vehicle not as a drag car. I know it’s Damn fast. Props to dodge. But I would not want to drive it in drag set up on the street no more than I want to drive the cobra jet on the street.

Traction being the key. What will it hit with standard width sticky cup 2?
10.0x or 9.9x?

as a DD the Demon would probably be easier to live with than an R. Not driven one, but word is its more comfortable than a reg HC with the set of DR's all the way around due to the larger and softer sidewall. Both a Demon and an R would be dangerous in the rain due to lack of tread depth. They are both one dimensional vehicles, just suited to different wants.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
as a DD the Demon would probably be easier to live with than an R. Not driven one, but word is its more comfortable than a reg HC with the set of DR's all the way around due to the larger and softer sidewall. Both a Demon and an R would be dangerous in the rain due to lack of tread depth. They are both one dimensional vehicles, just suited to different wants.

"Easier to live with"... Well, that depends on what you like. It would be very easy for me to live with both.

I would not call eiher of these cars "one dimensional". We've hit a time and age in which cars do everything well. It just so happens that the Demon specializes in straight line speed and the R in handling.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
"Easier to live with"... Well, that depends on what you like. It would be very easy for me to live with both.

I would not call eiher of these cars "one dimensional". We've hit a time and age in which cars do everything well. It just so happens that the Demon specializes in straight line speed and the R in handling.

I think you know what I'm saying. Neither could be a DD in their factory configs. Both would need a set of non dedicated tires to be functional in weather. For me I'd take the 9 second automatic car with the plush ride and heated/cooled seats. Just my opinion.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So a daily driver with skinnies up front drag radials in the rear with no passenger seat?

It’s not the car I want to drive daily. Neither would be the cobra jet.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So a daily driver with skinnies up front drag radials in the rear with no passenger seat?

It’s not the car I want to drive daily. Neither would be the cobra jet.

See you argue for arguments sake. The Demon comes equipped with 4 full size DR's. The skinnies cost you a $1. The pass seat another $1, the rear seat another $1. Why don't you comment on the lack of a rear seat in R? And skinnies or DR's or Cup2's none are suitable for wet weather.

and why do you keep comparing it to a Cobra jet? does a cobra jet have a vin? does it have AC? Touchscreen Infotainment? Heated/cooled seats? Enjoy driving Boss 302s Fr500, I mean GT350 R.. see how dumb that sounds?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you know what I'm saying. Neither could be a DD in their factory configs. Both would need a set of non dedicated tires to be functional in weather. For me I'd take the 9 second automatic car with the plush ride and heated/cooled seats. Just my opinion.

Both could be a DD, easy. Unless you are a soccer mom.

Id go with the Demon too. **** the plush ride, cooled / heated seats. I just want speed. It is quite a bit more special than the R in my opinion.

If the R made 700-750, Id go with the R instead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Heated/cooled seat. Since that’s how dodge tested it.

I still want to see what it would do with the 305/35 pzero at all corners.
Since dodge doesnt want the stage radials to be used in daily driving.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I compare it to the cobra jet as it to runs on slicks and skinnies just as dodge tested theirs.

I love the demon in street form and want to see what it would run in street form not as a drag vehicle you can’t drive on the street. Why is that hard to understand?
See you argue for arguments sake. The Demon comes equipped with 4 full size DR's. The skinnies cost you a $1. The pass seat another $1, the rear seat another $1. Why don't you comment on the lack of a rear seat in R? And skinnies or DR's or Cup2's none are suitable for wet weather.

and why do you keep comparing it to a Cobra jet? does a cobra jet have a vin? does it have AC? Touchscreen Infotainment? Heated/cooled seats? Enjoy driving Boss 302s Fr500, I mean GT350 R.. see how dumb that sounds?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Heated/cooled seat. Since that’s how dodge tested it.

I still want to see what it would do with the 305/35 pzero at all corners.
Since dodge doesnt want the stage radials to be used in daily driving.

Im sure with regular street tires, the Demon would only be 10s capable.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I compare it to the cobra jet as it to runs on slicks and skinnies just as dodge tested theirs.

I love the demon in street form and want to see what it would run in street form not as a drag vehicle you can’t drive on the street. Why is that hard to understand?

Would you take a 350R to VIR with all season tires just to see what it would do?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
ON D, why you mad that the Demon is a 9 sec capable car BONE STALK from the show room floor?

Is it because they stole Ford's thunder? Is it because Ford pays you?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
ON D, why you mad that the Demon is a 9 sec capable car BONE STALK from the show room floor?

Is it because they stole Ford's thunder? Is it because Ford pays you?

Agreed. Some of the replies are aburb.

Next he'll ask that it be tested with a luggage rack and 5 adults.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I realize this is a Fordcentric site, but damn. Some of the blind brand cheer leading is hilarious.

Let's just agree to put a set of blizzacks on all four corners with two adults and a trunk full of luggage. We'll run it in Arizona heat in July on a dirt road. That will give us a true read on it's performance potential.

Ford (and pretty much everybody else) got their $hit pushed in this time around. Dodge played the marketing part to perfection and some people just can't stand that and are all butt hurt over it.

Deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread