Demon vs. 720s

slow poke

Established Member

Why do people still make excuses for the Demon and claim it's quickest car in world? Thing barely ever even dips into the 9s. Pretty sad for a purpose built 100k drag car with a claimed 9.65 1/4.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Who in the hell actually crossshops a $280,000 car and a sub $100,000 car with a factory warranty that covers actual drag racing?

Also, what moron would say ANY car that runs in the 9s is "sad"? The 9.65 pass hasn't been equalled or surpassed but I do believe people have been deep 9.80s with a demon so it's very possible. When you're running that fast with a heavy car with bad weight distribution, track prep becomes extremely important.

The McLaren is in a league of it's own imo but it should be, it's a $280,000 car.

slow poke

Established Member
Nobody is cross shopping these cars, that is absolutely meaningless in the conversation. So is the price of the McLaren. False claims (quickest in the world) are the topic at hand, the price of any car it competes against means **** all. I believe the 9.8s are also not with the supplied parts which makes it even more sad.

100k to run inconsistent 9s is also not a deal just because a warrenty is included. 9s are not hard to achieve anymore slap a blower and rubber on a 2018 A10 and bang 9s more than 50k saved.

The only draw here is factory car running in the 9s with only what is supplied by dodge.

_Snake_

Established Member
Nobody is cross shopping these cars, that is absolutely meaningless in the conversation. So is the price of the McLaren. False claims (quickest in the world) are the topic at hand, the price of any car it competes against means **** all. I believe the 9.8s are also not with the supplied parts which makes it even more sad.

100k to run inconsistent 9s is also not a deal just because a warrenty is included. 9s are not hard to achieve anymore slap a blower and rubber on a 2018 A10 and bang 9s more than 50k saved.

The only draw here is factory car running in the 9s with only what is supplied by dodge.

You should stop sniffing glue. Srs.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Why do people still make excuses for the Demon and claim it's quickest car in world? Thing barely ever even dips into the 9s. Pretty sad for a purpose built 100k drag car with a claimed 9.65 1/4.
We get it, you don't like the Demon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OneSlowV

Established Member
Demonology runs 9s routinely with his other than different wheels and yes I’ve been out and watched him run his car . 9s with factory warranty for under 100k that’s a steal . Also you thinking a boosted /tire only 2018 runs 9s with ease you are sadly mistaken also no warranty so when it blows up the dollar amount keeps climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
There's a difference between a false claim and a hero run made in the best possible conditions with the best possible track prep and unlimited time to get a launch right.

Whether you like it or not, the demon did run a 9.65. the fastest privately owned, stock demon I'm aware of has run 9.80s. No, it's not a 9.65 but it's a heartbeat away from it.

slow poke

Established Member
Demonology has a 15 wheel and modified brake set up etc... His car is not stock at all. I think he runs tires that aren't street legal also.

Is the car that ran 9.8 verified to have the components only offered from dodge, tires and everything? Do you have a link to the video?

If the above pans out the other issue is 2 tenths is not easy to gain at those times. Also 9.8s is not 9.65.

Is there video proof of the Demon running 9.65 for it's hero run? I wouldn't care if god himself said the Demon could run a 9.65. Until I see it happen in factory configuration, it didnt happen.

Recon

Established Member
Meh. Dodge said it has the potential to do a 9.65 under perfect conditions. What I find amusing is you never hear this garbage when talking about road courses. How many average people can replicate the times on the Nurburgring that were set by professional drivers in optimal conditions? Same situation with the Demon. Professional drag racer under perfect conditions set that time. What I’d be interested in is if dodge would release the specs on the night they did 9.65. Replicate those conditions and you might get 9.65, but 9.80 in customer handa seems impressive to me.

Pick your poison.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Meh. Dodge said it has the potential to do a 9.65 under perfect conditions. What I find amusing is you never hear this garbage when talking about road courses. How many average people can replicate the times on the Nurburgring that were set by professional drivers in optimal conditions? Same situation with the Demon. Professional drag racer under perfect conditions set that time. What I’d be interested in is if dodge would release the specs on the night they did 9.65. Replicate those conditions and you might get 9.65, but 9.80 in customer handa seems impressive to me.

Pick your poison.
A true post full of common sense.

slow poke

Established Member

Pick your poison.

Going balls out on the Nurburgring is the same difficulty as driving in a straight line for a 1/4mile??? What the **** am I hearing.

Reason you don't hear it is 1. Less people road race their car 2. All road course are different people have access to a select few usually so comparison is much more difficult 3. Drag racing takes way less skill and is more dependent on the car as opposed to the driver. Almost anyone can run there car to its limit after some practice.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Going balls out on the Nurburgring is the same difficulty as driving in a straight line for a 1/4mile??? What the **** am I hearing.

Reason you don't hear it is 1. Less people road race their car 2. All road course are different people have access to a select few usually so comparison is much more difficult 3. Drag racing takes way less skill and is more dependent on the car as opposed to the driver. Almost anyone can run there car to its limit after some practice.
You need to spend a little more time on both courses. You apparently have never pushed a car to its limits on a road course or drag strip.

You may have pushed something to your personal limit, but with the statement you just made I doubt you have spent a great deal of time racing.

I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I'm reading. I see the regurgitated words of an armchair quarter back that isn't in the game.

Every track is different. There are unique circumstances in weather, altitudes, track temps, etc. Don't forget the amount of track prep done on a test and tune track night vs a facility rented and prepped extensively without a limited budget.

Then you have differences in tuning, tire temp and pressure, and suspension tuning.

Did the Demon run a 9.65? Yes it did. The car ran that time with a very skilled pro driver. It took numerous passes, and likely a lot of small suspension adjustments.

I've spent time on road courses and drag strips. I'm a fair driver on a road course, but a skilled driver in a Miata is likely to beat me due to a lack of seat time.

The drag strip is a different story. I know and understand the track. I have put in a lot of hours and passes down the 1/4 mile. I've seen guys more experienced than me stuff their perfectly set up car into the wall, on a straight track.

...but it's easy. No worries. No skill needed.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Still zero proof it can run 9.65’s. And most if not all the 9 second cars aren’t stock. Those 9.8 runs isn’t a stock car. And 9.8’s and 9.6’s are a long ways away from one another. Especially since this car has been at tracks for an entire year. And the best it’s done is 9.8’s. Did I meantion that car isn’t stock. Lol. Demons are No joke though. Anything thing running 10’s let alone 9’s stock or almost stock is pretty damn nice in my books. My biggest complaint is I don’t have the money to buy one so I can be on the other side defending my almost 9.65 car. Haha. And for the record they did make the claim of it being the fastest production car ever. And it’s not. Plain and simple. The Mclaren might cost triple but it’s still faster. Oh wait there are 2 mcclaren’s faster. The 720s and the p1. Price aside it’s still faster. Oh and look the Ferrari laferrari and porshe 918 are also faster. Despite the price they are still faster. Say what you want but fiat claimed they had the fasted. And they clearly don’t. Did I mention the p1, 918 and laferrari are all 5 years old. Finally you can buy a fully built brand new mustang with warranty from almost any dealer in the country that will throw down low 10’s for half the demons price. If it breaks and the warranty for whatever reason doesn’t cover it so be it. I still have $50k to rebuild a less than $10k motor than no longer needs a warranty then the boost goes up and the demon goes to the waste side.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
And who the hell cares about a warranty. If your buying a car because of a warranty buy a Honda. If you want to drag race your going to be voiding your warranty on whatever you decide to use for your drag car anyways. Saying it has a warranty is a joke. Kinda like me comparing the demon to a multi million dollar Ferrari.

blk02edge

Established Member
You need to spend a little more time on both courses. You apparently have never pushed a car to its limits on a road course or drag strip.

You may have pushed something to your personal limit, but with the statement you just made I doubt you have spent a great deal of time racing.

I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I'm reading. I see the regurgitated words of an armchair quarter back that isn't in the game.

Every track is different. There are unique circumstances in weather, altitudes, track temps, etc. Don't forget the amount of track prep done on a test and tune track night vs a facility rented and prepped extensively without a limited budget.

Then you have differences in tuning, tire temp and pressure, and suspension tuning.

Did the Demon run a 9.65? Yes it did. The car ran that time with a very skilled pro driver. It took numerous passes, and likely a lot of small suspension adjustments.

I've spent time on road courses and drag strips. I'm a fair driver on a road course, but a skilled driver in a Miata is likely to beat me due to a lack of seat time.

The drag strip is a different story. I know and understand the track. I have put in a lot of hours and passes down the 1/4 mile. I've seen guys more experienced than me stuff their perfectly set up car into the wall, on a straight track.

...but it's easy. No worries. No skill needed.

Hes kinda right though, drag strip is getting it right in that split second where the road course is getting it right, and then getting right again and again for the length of the track and then having the actual balls to push beyond what 99% understand a car can do, theres no fear in a straight line, if theres no fear in a road course you are slow as hell. Either way none of that matter when it comes to the Demon, yea its impressive af for a factory car

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Zyborg. Go buy one and prove to us it’s a 9 second car stock and I guarantee people will shut up. Last I checked this is a Ford branded forum. I know it’s not exclusive but it damn sure isn’t a mopar forum. And if you would read what people are saying. You might understand we aren’t mad it doesn’t run 9’s. We are confused why fiat would say it’s the fastest. And it runs 9.65’s. Without 1 speck of truth behind it. They won’t even let the major 3. Motor trend. Car and driver. And top gear test them. I think we all know why.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
And before you say well it’s not tested by the magazines because it’s a limited production car. Think about this. The 918, p1 and laferrari combined amount to less than the demons production numbers. And they have been tested over and over and over. All 3 run mid to high 9’s without a tire and usually on a non prepped surface.

Users who are viewing this thread