Densecharger vs C&L dyno results

Daryl B

Established Member
I know most of you guys aready have made up your mind on air intake but on the chance someone is interested, I thought I would post this.

Both dyno runs were the second run that day on the dyno. They were done 1 week apart and weather/temp was similar. The peak HP was close (5HP) but the HP gain until 5000 RPM looks to be about 15HP-20HP greater. The torque number is what I was most surprised by. 50 higher TQ. The denscharger actually made more power with a richer A/F after 4700 RPM.

I am not promoting one product over the other because I am happy with both. Rather, I am sharing my experiences so others can have more information for their decisions.

Last edited:

Daryl B

Established Member
Ok, the picture size is way too big, but I do not know how to change. Here is the HP & A/F #'s

edit (thanks to sam bandit for sending smaller pics)

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great, add another couple hundred bucks to the already growing list for the damn Densecharger, thanks alot!

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I love what my Densecharger did power/sound wise. Idles like ass and stalls, but hey, don't 99% anymore? :shrug:

Silver 03 Cobra

You started the dyno runs at different revs. The blue started at 2800 rpm and the red at 3400. At 3400 rpm you are almost past peak torque when you started the pull. I don't know that this is a fair comparison.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
very cool! thanks for the info. much appreciated! i'm tickled pink with my densecharger! my friend and i bought them at the same time... we even got a discount and free shipping! great people to deal with!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
You started the dyno runs at different revs. The blue started at 2800 rpm and the red at 3400. At 3400 rpm you are almost past peak torque when you started the pull. I don't know that this is a fair comparison.

That does not matter, the readings would still be correct at each RPM marking. Just go straight up from the 3500 RPM mark and the differences you see between the two are accurate.

Silver 03 Cobra

It looks like if you started the run at or past peak torque then you wouldn't get the max torque out of the run. What if you started the run at 4000 rpm? You wouldn't generate the same peak torque as a run started at 2500 rpm. I don't see how the DC could pull 50 more rwt than the C&L. In the 5.0 mag CAI shootout, the DC was about average. I don't think the C&L was in the comparo but other than the 95 mm MAF housing, this unit is pretty much the same as PHP's and there was definately not 50 rwt difference. If anything, the DC was 5-8 rwt below most of the other CAI's in the test.

Last edited by a moderator:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Sorry, I reread the article and it was on the stock Cobra the densecharger was the best. Anyway, I have the JDM version and it actually lost torque on their modded test! So needless to say, once again I'll try something else. I am gonna a and b the 2 different setups the next time I go to the dyno! To get the densecharger just goto the website.
www.densecharger.com
I ordered one yesterday!

Daryl B

Established Member
Originally posted by TopRacer
I thought C&L makes MAF... do they make intakes also?

It came with a 95mm MAF and a 9" filter with heat shield. I guess that may not be considered an intake?

Daryl B

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
It looks like if you started the run at or past peak torque then you wouldn't get the max torque out of the run. What if you started the run at 4000 rpm? You wouldn't generate the same peak torque as a run started at 2500 rpm. I don't see how the DC could pull 50 more rwt than the C&L. In the 5.0 mag CAI shootout, the DC was about average. I don't think the C&L was in the comparo but other than the 95 mm MAF housing, this unit is pretty much the same as PHP's and there was definately not 50 rwt difference. If anything, the DC was 5-8 rwt below most of the other CAI's in the test.

I can't speak for other peoples results. This is just my experience in as comparable of an enviornment/conditions as I could do. Nothing on the car was changed between dynos other than the intake. A more controled environment would probably yeild diferent results. Like I said, I am happy with both.

Last edited:

bborder

Established Member
Which line is the C&L? It isn't clear by the description which one the dyno charts represent.

Users who are viewing this thread