Department of Boost

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
P1000699_zps1bc8017a.jpg

Yea it should be a pretty neat kit!

blowngt

Established Member
I've been waiting to see how much the actual cost would be vs purchasing a VMP/Roush kit used

From my initial guestimate we're looking at $4500 - $5000 once you purchase all of the parts needed.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
View attachment 35381

Yea it should be a pretty neat kit!
:rockon:
I've been waiting to see how much the actual cost would be vs purchasing a VMP/Roush kit used
Fuel injectors will be a big price factor lol! But they have been saying it should be around the same price as the S197 kits.
From my initial guestimate we're looking at $4500 - $5000 once you purchase all of the parts needed.

woodzusa

Established Member
So they are due out in march? I was going to go with a paxton/vortech but I may just delay that. I wonder if they will offer a group buy or something?

Edit:
DOB says early spring and group buy possible.

So, would someone that has never installed something like this before be able to do it? Do they give you a walk-through or would it just be like strapping on a roush kit?

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
at $5000 wouldnt you see more power with a paxton or vortech kit? i could see it being effective at 3-4k tops. but i could be wrong

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
At 5k it would be direct competition at the Roush tvs. It's probably a better kit too if what they say it's true. Larger heat exchander. They are not worried about Paxton blowers. They are going after the pd Crowd.

woodzusa

Established Member
It would be cheaper (relative) to go with a centri if they were $5k. But, I really do like the tvs torque down low so if it is right around 4.5 to 5 that would be a nice bit of savings. By the time I picked up a centri and added the torque booster it would be a wash on the cost savings. (I think)

Hell, who knows. I've been back and forth for over a year about a SC. I've changed my mind more than any woman

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
The bonus of the DOB kits is it allows you to piece it all together from take off parts from the GT500's.

That way you can build the kit yourself for fairly cheap.

q6543

Established Member
I just Recieved an email and was told this will not be ready by april.

I was Super Interested after looking into them from this thread, but the 11-14s are post production and they still haven't got a kit for them.
also from my info this kit has not been installed or tuned/ running on a car yet.

they probably could have sold a couple hundred units but aren't ready to. It's like a shark tank episode.

Users who are viewing this thread