Destroyed Piston from 2015 Mustang GT

Zemedici

Established Member
and I was the bad guy who said it was nitrous from the get go.....:)

nah it wasnt me Luke, I had typed up responses a few times and then erased them as I didnt want to involve myself with the neanderthals that inhabit Ford Facebook groups.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I guess the people who think they have '15 engine parts in their late '14's will finally shut the hell up.....

Deranged2013

Established Member
If it is forced induction of some kind, it's bad news regardless

Agreed. Ford did a great job with this new platform except for......... the pistons. 11/1 compression and 435 hp = Ford should've used Boss pistons. Hell, they used the rods and crank. why not go one step further with the pistons? I'd pay the extra $$$ for worry free pistons.

mystickb1996

Established Member
I guess the people who think they have '15 engine parts in their late '14's will finally shut the hell up.....

i thought this was confirmed that there are indeed 15 heads on 14s built after 6/14... in the coyote section there are pictures of this from juiced3ed and fatherford.. also waiting for confirmation these late builds got boss rods

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Agreed. Ford did a great job with this new platform except for......... the pistons. 11/1 compression and 435 hp = Ford should've used Boss pistons. Hell, they used the rods and crank. why not go one step further with the pistons? I'd pay the extra $$$ for worry free pistons.

Weight.

For 99% of the market that this car will go to the hypers are a little better.

REDS197

Established Member

Emissions!

coba94svt

Established Member
At work I've seen engines in brand new Sienna's and Sequoia's let go on the first start up at the end of the assembly line, and then seen some make it out to the test track and let go.

SVTPete83

Established Member
At work I've seen engines in brand new Sienna's and Sequoia's let go on the first start up at the end of the assembly line, and then seen some make it out to the test track and let go.
I can see that for sure. But i cant see them letting go quite that catastrophically!

FreddyG

Established Member
Maybe the one of the pistons wanted to visit its neighbor so it made a window :rolleyes:

ROFL! Now that's funny....Good one! :thumbsup:

If anyone said that it was caused by detonation, it would have had to detonate like an atom bomb and if he's a Ford mechanic and didn't hear it, Please let me know which dealership that he works at because the chances of me winning the lottery would be better than me going into that dealer!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
and I was the bad guy who said it was nitrous from the get go.....:)

nah it wasnt me Luke, I had typed up responses a few times and then erased them as I didnt want to involve myself with the neanderthals that inhabit Ford Facebook groups.
Smart move I removed myself from all but a couple mustang groups on Facebook that I'm admins in. Message me I'll have to add you

Crazed_RedNeck

Not a Four-6...
Established Member
Your not the only person to have a piston go down, my car blew a motor at 10k back a few years ago.
aefff03642572fb9f9474e780a3d6be5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread