Destroyed Piston from 2015 Mustang GT

SVTPete83

Established Member
Does not surprise me at all. Ford quality and durability sucks! Ford is the second worst nameplate (MFR) in terms of reliability and quality according to Consumer Reports' latest reliability ratings as well as JD Power's reliability ratings and Dependability studies. I won't buy another Ford again after having owned more than 12 different Mustangs and Shelby's in my lifetime. Lol
Reading through the jd powers website i am not seeing what your statement claims. In fact many of the ford models recieved awards from them. Here is a snapshot of fords best seller. Looks like it ranked really low
3de26743fc1b781e1a6a9b65d5c60e12.jpg

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I sure "was" a proud and loyal owner of a triple black Shelby GT500. I guess you are in denial that Ford is one of the worst MFR in terms of reliability and dependability as reported by many highly respected automotive rating agencies as I have already mentioned. This is not me saying this as much as the so called experts have reported. And don't get me started about Fords lack of customer service and care. Leaves a LOT to be desired as compared to the competition. LOL

A big part of that poor reliability was due to the MyFord Sync issues over the last few years. Not drivetrain or other production issues.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/27/how-ford-is-finally-fixing-its-biggest-quality-pro.aspx

This is an example of how information (quality ratings) can be misunderstood, misinterpreted and misused.

Users who are viewing this thread