~Diablo Preadator Programer~

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
~HELP Diablo Preadator Programer HELP~

Any one running a Preadator with a 2.80 pulley?....If so was it easy to tune, and did it perform well.Im planning on buying tomorrow. Thanks

I know you know what I wanna know, so let me know, you know!

Last edited:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Yes...I am on that tune with that Pulley. The Predator is easy to use. Be sure to get A/F checked out after you tune though. I added 10% richness to the pulley tune and was around 10.5 above 5500 RPM, but below that I was too lean.

Since then, I figure I've richened it a little bit down low by switching from the first gen densecharger to the 2nd gen...but I probably negated that by switching to an off road x-pipe.

I haven't checked the a/f since all that stuff. But the pred DOES work and is easy to use. I love mine.

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
Yes...I am on that tune with that Pulley. The Predator is easy to use. Be sure to get A/F checked out after you tune though. I added 10% richness to the pulley tune and was around 10.5 above 5500 RPM, but below that I was too lean.

Since then, I figure I've richened it a little bit down low by switching from the first gen densecharger to the 2nd gen...but I probably negated that by switching to an off road x-pipe.

I haven't checked the a/f since all that stuff. But the pred DOES work and is easy to use. I love mine.

Thanks Copperhead, I was reading on Diablosports website that the software to tweak the tunes will be available soon.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I use it. As long as you can read and follow the directions you shouldn't have any problem.

I am using it with a custom tune for my KB. So far so good. :)

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I use it. As long as you can read and follow the directions you shouldn't have any problem.

I am using it with a custom tune for my KB. So far so good. :)

where did you get the custom tune? and was it a download?...transfered from computer to handset?

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
You're welcome Lprimo.

The best part is not having to contort yourself to add or remove a chip. My skeleton is not collapsable, and so it is tough to get at that sucker.

The predator is a snap. I haven't used any custom tunes yet (aside from what came on the pred)...but I think it would be much faster to have Diablo e-mail you program for the pred rather than waiting on a chip via snail mail. (There are no good tuners around here.)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Lprimo
where did you get the custom tune? and was it a download?...transfered from computer to handset?

Do a search, all your questions have been answered numerous times.:read:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I have the Predator with the mods in my sig. I am anxious to get the software and cable to allow me to hook my predator up to my computer. I want to be able to store data from runs and custom tunes on my computer. Likewise, I would like to be able to swap around tunes. Tune for pump gas on the road, a tune for the tract with the 110 octane and more timing, and even a valet tune for when I let the guy come get the car to wash her all up.

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Yea custom tune tweaked on your computer at the dyno is the way to go.It would be nice if you can do all the leg work and just email the tune to your buddys in the same area.Probably wouldn't be effective if me(in Texas 100% humdity) emailed a guy in North Dakota.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Where did you order the cable and software from?
You can get the cable at any electronics store it is simply a 9-pin serial cable with one end male the other female. As far as loading the tune to your computer all you need is the Xmodem software nothing real fancy. We are still waiting on software from diable that will allow us to tweak the tune once we have it on our computers.

Users who are viewing this thread