Did anyone have to clock thier procharger?

TBolton

Established Member
Kit arrived today.... was doing inventory from the pack list sheet and got everything done and when I picked the actual supercharger unit up I noticed the outlet looked at an odd position.

I started image Googling for pictures of units installed in that pretty much confirmed it.

Basically when the blue ProCharger label was on top the fill plug was on top and that drain was at the bottom the outlet was pointed towards the hood on mine.

Last edited:

SS lol

Established Member
I didn't have any problem like that with mine, you might want to call procharger they will be very helpful.

TBolton

Established Member
Sorry... I meant to add that I called them and got on the phone with a technician and I had it fixed within a few minutes and he did apologize for that.

Also all the Allen head bolts with the retainer Clips were loose.

I told him if that's the worst problem I have I'm in good shape... And at least I got my license plate frame and stickers! :)

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I personally didn't. Was your pulley already mounted on your head unit?

Make sure to grab some red loctite for the crank pulley installation. Some of the installations I've seen also loctite the allen head bolts that hold the blower to the bracket.

TBolton

Established Member
did you start the install yet?
Yea! Way easier than I thought!!

Alignment is a tad off...gonna make some shims. :)
7cb9abd9d8f31272f87dd46b21f6e7f7.jpg

TBolton

Established Member
Realistically I've only only inventory'd the parts to the packlist and done a few pre-assembly of some items.

It's still cold here....and rainy. I'll be doing the install in my driveway.

As long as I don't run into any snags removing any parts from the car I'm getting pretty confident with reading the instructions.

...one last install pic... :)
(((Ignore the white car....its a slow race car)))

d5cf9e726f876962820b550f881ceb40.jpg

TBolton

Established Member
I do have one question for you that procharger sorta answered for me.

Were the 90* rubber hoses that go on the intercooler reeeeeeeeaaaally loose/easy to slide on?

Procharger said that was normal due to build tolerances of the car and easiest pipe fitment.

TBolton

Established Member
they go on pretty easy
Bill I hate to keep harassing you about questions but you seem like you could do this blindfolded.

I actually dove into the install today and got about halfway through the book.

I'm kind of curious what you did with your automatic transmission lines on the passenger side... Did you just let them hang or is it not an issue?

These are the ones that are clamped to a bracket that used to be bolted to the original fan shroud.

Also did your new fan shroud not sit flush up against the radiator? I have about 4 or 5 mm Gap at the top that looks like I could get rid of if I bend the side mounting brackets a little bit to force it forward.

Tomorrow starts the actual supercharger bracket on the motor and the supercharger itself and then the intercooler and pipes.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just let them hang, not much more you can do, I don't believe they'll go anywhere though.

I don't think it was perfectly flush but as long as you slide it into the fan shroud brackets you should be fine.

TBolton

Established Member
I just let them hang, not much more you can do, I don't believe they'll go anywhere though.

I don't think it was perfectly flush but as long as you slide it into the fan shroud brackets you should be fine.
Yea...the lower mounts are slid in the slots. It's not goin anywhere.

Thanks again!

I don't know what the deal was with the factory fuel rail spacers....I almost couldn't get those things out of there!

Last edited:

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
3 of my 4 came out very easily, I installed/tuned for my injectors(originally) a week before the blower install, figured it would save me an hour time and would rule out one more thing if there were issues AFTER the blower install. Mind you I had to then upgrade to the id1050x's when I found I was going lean after 6200.

TBolton

Established Member
Thanks again man... I'm just hoping the bracket, tubing and head unit goes smooth tomorrow.

That metal coolant pipe has me a little worried... I bent it a little bit but I think I need another millimeter or two to get that bolt out.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yeah I had to bend mine a good bit, had me concerned too, just go slow and check it so you don't go too far with it.

TBolton

Established Member
Holy shit.....is this how this discharge tube is supposed to be??????

The bracket is slightly rubbing on the radiator hose....the PC rubber tube is all over the bracket...frame....valve cover...abs lines!!!

I've loosened the clocking bolts and there's lil 1/2 a millimeter of adjustment.

I've only got 3 mount bolts in.....theres no way this is right....is it?!?!?

13fd9e35f1216593b9aac2e4c6c4e32f.jpg
6161a820db4e0893d4a0ff1c83c9bdd4.jpg
eab363117a56a4caf17c0193cb14a9a2.jpg

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
7jqHLPhWFl4gTANN2VRBAmgXG5EaJZ__-jydjV89ki8WVRh3rcnPFv2SsvJwga1ack9gJlBMvY0BaJYSE=w1423-h1067-no.jpg

92agTCp-iDOeO1EYgWB8Vr8ER6SNXEhklQbeAoJ7OnoazQp5VN1hHdJo648yZ3yhc86NjgIC_a2I_IEUr=w1423-h1067-no.jpg

OZrWvz3EpOH2IwXCprt5rttDrb4AJTzhFvyOQBD670cV-eLIYLY7xtRwp4ZfiHUgCay5pAcJ2DjP8fIfV=w1423-h1067-no.jpg

Attachments

• 92agTCp-iDOeO1EYgWB8Vr8ER6SNXEhklQbeAoJ7OnoazQp5VN1hHdJo648yZ3yhc86NjgIC_a2I_IEUr=w1423-h1067-no.jpg
    92agTCp-iDOeO1EYgWB8Vr8ER6SNXEhklQbeAoJ7OnoazQp5VN1hHdJo648yZ3yhc86NjgIC_a2I_IEUr=w1423-h1067-no.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 213

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
to me it looks pretty normal. I definitely wouldn't worry too much about the radiator hose being touched as you can see mine is almost identical in that aspect. Also you currently have alot more room for your discharge tube than I had as you can see mine is pinched a bit but a minor pinch ain't holding back boost so its not a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread